• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Bayer Leverkusen vs Mighty Spurs

Leverkusen have really tightened up their defense in the second half. Forwards have no space, no ability to get open, they're matching us pace for pace on breakaways. Dele, Eriksen, Sonny haven't been able to do a thing.

FT 0-0. Happy with the point the way the game went. Our shape went after the subs who were all poor.

Hard earned point that. Long time since I've seen us so disjointed and under sustained pressure for such a long period!

1st half - deserved to be in front
2nd half - lucky to come away with a vital point

Group of Death

Monaco equalise

A decent point, but we should have done more in the first half. Janssen was a bright spot in the first half and didn't deserve to be subbed. Rose for MOTM.

Such a poor second half from us. Worst I've seen in a while. So sloppy, no shape, poor positioning...VERY happy with the point after that.

Leverkusen were good, but not that good. We showed in the first half that we could outplay them, that's why the second half performance was so oddly poor.

Oh well, hopefully "one of these days". At least we didn't lose.

Good point in the end.
If you'd said at half time Hugo would be motm don't think I would have believed it.
Fair play Leverkusen, changed it up at ht and made a good game of it.
We do need a bit of luck in front of goal, can't help but feel some team is going to get a whopping from us.

Come on lads! Nick a winner now!

One of his best for us ... several key tackles/interceptions.

I hope Dembers can get his touch back ... very so-so tonight by his own standards.

I was happier after peanut went off, as they then had 11 who stood a chance of remaining vertical.

Rose played well but made some naive dangerous runs that put the defence in trouble. Our midfield looks queer in Europe. Unable to fashion opportunities in Europe and appear clumsy on the ball.

should have been in front going in to half time but were fortunate to finish the game level - but the points are all the matter in Europe for me

Basically, win our 2 home games and we qualify, and the Monaco match decides top spot.

Or win the next 2 and we qualify

Its not going to be easy, but that point tonight makes a major difference to the group

I'd say the opposite. It's why they have faded IMO

They completely dominated the second half from beginning to end. Our subs didn't offer any energy and they continued to dominate. Dembele and Sissy looked well off the pace to me. Moose was even powered off the ball. After VJ went off, we had no hold up play and the ball just kept coming straight back. All shape was lost. We were really lucky to get a draw overall.

They completely dominated the second half from beginning to end. Our subs didn't offer any energy and they continued to dominate. Dembele and Sissy looked well off the pace to me. Moose was even powered off the ball. After VJ went off, we had no hold up play and the ball just kept coming straight back. All shape was lost. We were really lucky to get a draw overall.

Harsh on Dembele. He made some solid interceptions and won the ball off their runners cleanly on more than one occasion.

Basically, win our 2 home games and we qualify, and the Monaco match decides top spot.

Or win the next 2 and we qualify

Its not going to be easy, but that point tonight makes a major difference to the group

think we're in a good position to qualify from the group

In the end, a bit jammy to get a point but we dug in when they were putting us under the cosh and it's a very good point.

Dembele looks rusty as phuck, a good 90 minutes should sort that out.

I think we missed Janssen when he went off, no out ball to someone who could hold it upfield.

Win the home game and we then tee ourselves up nicely to go to Monaco and get ourselves to the top of the group.

Back