• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Bayer Leverkusen vs Mighty Spurs

Satisfied with this draw. A win would have been better but since we were playing away, this draw is acceptable. We did play well in the first half but failed to make use of our chances. But we were very poor in the second half and were very fortunate to get away with the draw. This match again shows our lack of a clinical goal scorer with Kane out injured.

This match against proves we badly need a clinical goal scorer. We had enough chances to score in the first half. Alli should have scored with his header, Janssen was unlucky to hit the bar while Lamela too should have scored from the rebound. Thought we will continue the form in the second half. But we didn't turn up in the second half and could have conceded a few goals. Thought Son will score against his former team but he didn't have much impact in the game at all.

Our midfield did well in the first half. But we got outplayed in midfield in the second half. We got better when Dembele came on. But somehow feel Dembele is still not at his best yet as he misplaced his pass a few times. Eriksen had a quiet game and didn't influence the game as much we needed.

Was worried about the defence with Alderweireld out injured. But thought we did well to keep the clean sheet.
Surely, Lloris was our man of the match. He pulled off a few crucial saves to get this draw. One of the save was world class goal-line save. He has been in great form in recent matches. Hope he will continue this form for long time.

A win over Leverkusen away would have been great. But we were simply not good enough to beat them. Hope we will do much better when we play them at home later.

Satisfied with this draw. A win would have been better but since we were playing away, this draw is acceptable. We did play well in the first half but failed to make use of our chances. But we were very poor in the second half and were very fortunate to get away with the draw. This match again shows our lack of a clinical goal scorer with Kane out injured.

This match against proves we badly need a clinical goal scorer. We had enough chances to score in the first half. Alli should have scored with his header, Janssen was unlucky to hit the bar while Lamela too should have scored from the rebound. Thought we will continue the form in the second half. But we didn't turn up in the second half and could have conceded a few goals. Thought Son will score against his former team but he didn't have much impact in the game at all.

Our midfield did well in the first half. But we got outplayed in midfield in the second half. We got better when Dembele came on. But somehow feel Dembele is still not at his best yet as he misplaced his pass a few times. Eriksen had a quiet game and didn't influence the game as much we needed.

Was worried about the defence with Alderweireld out injured. But thought we did well to keep the clean sheet.
Surely, Lloris was our man of the match. He pulled off a few crucial saves to get this draw. One of the save was world class goal-line save. He has been in great form in recent matches. Hope he will continue this form for long time.

A win over Leverkusen away would have been great. But we were simply not good enough to beat them. Hope we will do much better when we play them at home later.

Alderweireld does a lot more than insure we keep clean sheets. He starts things off.
And the clean sheet on Tuesday was solely down to Lloris.
If the defence is right the opposition doesn't have 16 attempts at goal (same as the Monaco and CSKA games combined).
There was no one organising anything at the back. We got deeper and deeper as they pushed forward.

Alderweireld does a lot more than insure we keep clean sheets. He starts things off.
If the defence is right the opposition doesn't have 16 attempts at goal (same as the Monaco and CSKA games combined).
There was no one organising anything at the back. We got deeper and deeper as they pushed forward.
Ooh, I'm gonna bump this. Interesting. Let's see how we get on against the mighty Cherries

Well for me Bayer looked better than Monaco and CSKA and they also have great home form being unbeaten at home I believe so it wasn't a surprise to see them be very good.

Well for me Bayer looked better than Monaco and CSKA and they also have great home form being unbeaten at home I believe so it wasn't a surprise to see them be very good.
I was just grateful they lacked that extra bit of finesse in front of goal. Lloris also had something to do with it of course.

I was just grateful they lacked that extra bit of finesse in front of goal. Lloris also had something to do with it of course.

For me there was the Keisling miss which was bad as he didn't even hit the target and of course Hugo's save from little pea.

Everything else was from range and should have been saved And dealt with as it was

Spot on. A direct comparison with Monaco and CSKA on the number of shots really doesn't tell us anything.

Spot on. A direct comparison with Monaco and CSKA on the number of shots really doesn't tell us anything.

Who do we compare them to then? Liverpool? City? Everton?

They had way more attempts on goal than any of them.
And it was in a game where they only had 43%.

Our defence seemed to be rocking without Alderweireld to organise it and it took a performance of a lifetime from Lloris to save us.

I have to agree with Modric here we gave away far too many chances for my liking to say we defended well, if we were to consistently concede that many over a run of games chances are we wouldn't be keeping so many clean sheets.

However we defend as a team, from the front - not just the back four/five and so I wouldn't put it down purely to missing Alderweireld, though that certainly played a part, we were off defensively all over and allowed Bayer too much freedom further up the pitch in their half - second half reminded me of Poch's first season (at its worse) where our back four were put under a lot pressure because we weren't effectively pressing further up the pitch

Last edited:

Not true, we had a couple of fast-breaks second-half we just could not turn them into goals. One was with Eriksen breaking, when he was admittedly not helped by the running around him being the best yet he ran into trouble when easier to avoid, the other again with Eriksen on the byline when had he looked up, a ball to the back of the box leaves two players with a free shot on goal.

Surely you can't compare two different teams playing in different competitions???
I have to agree with Modric here we gave away far too many chances for my liking to say we defended well, if we were to consistently concede that many over a run of games chances are we wouldn't be keeping so many clean sheets.

However we defend as a team, from the front - not just the back four/five and so I wouldn't put it down purely to missing Alderweireld, though that certainly played a part, we were off defensively all over and allowed Bayer too much freedom further up the pitch in their half - second half reminded me of Poch's first season (at its worse) where our back four were put under a lot pressure because we weren't effectively pressing further up the pitch

Not that I dont think Toby is the best defender in the eagle because he is but we did not concede a goal withiut him playing. We did however concede with him playing in 4 other games this season.

And I'll say again other than chircarittos miss and keys lines miss what else did they have that was actually close and a genuine "should have scored that" chance? I mean the kind that Jansenn gets criticised of missing but IMO rarely has! Yes they and plenty of shots but we normally have that too, yet I reality a lot of those shots are straight forward saves or blocks

Back