• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Olympic games Paris 2024

Kandi1977

George Hunt
Surprised there wasn't a thread already. Anyway, really good opening ceremony, with a fantastic finish! Well done Paris and France. Best of all, no one manged to fudge it up or disrupt it.

Good luck to all the athletes! Looking forward to it, especially seeing sports you usually don't get to see much. There are always lots of incredible moments in the Olympics.

Celine Dion belting it out from half way up the Eiffel Tower was awesome. More lazers than a superhero movie. And wacky French dancers. Loved the balloon flame caldron too. The UK and France are defo two of the most culturally distinctive and rich nations.

Celine Dion belting it out from half way up the Eiffel Tower was awesome. More lazers than a superhero movie. And wacky French dancers. Loved the balloon flame caldron too. The UK and France are defo two of the most culturally distinctive and rich nations.
It was fudging awesome! More lazers than Pink Floyd and Jean Michel Jarre combined! And then some! It was mesmerising! And everything was linked with historic events. The Olympic flame hot air balloon is situated at the spot where the first ever hot air Ballon flew from. Another historic link is that last time Paris held the Olympic games, hot air ballon long distance was actually an Olympic event. The winner flew all the way to Kiel in Poland 😂

I didn’t enjoy the opening ceremony. For me and the opening and closing are the worst part of the Olympics. Nice to see every athlete represented but not sure why the ceremony needs to drag on for 3-4 hours.

I didn't watch the final part but the bit before looked a bit dull and disjointed, the lasers on the Eiffel Tower looked cool.

Do love the olympics in general though, it's great seeing other sports that you rarely get to see. Looking forward to the cycling and gymnastics.

The best thing about the Olympics and sport in general is that everyone (dopers aside) is there on merit. There’s no BS nepotism or any other agenda that happens in the real world. Every athlete at the games is the best at their own sport.

I'm not good at following the Olympics, too much stuff going on all the time, and the football doesn't make sense - what are some highlights that should be worth watching for the coming days?

I'm not good at following the Olympics, too much stuff going on all the time, and the football doesn't make sense - what are some highlights that should be worth watching for the coming days?

100m sprint. That’s about it. €5bn spent to watch a 9 second race.

Women's 400m hurdles and 400m with Dutch woman femke bol will be interesting.
The Americans are not happy at being challenged and are throwing all kinds of badness at her.
She is bloody quick and the Dutch have a strong women's sprint team, looking at them and micky vdv you wonder what the Dutch are doing right for speed training.

Mens 400 m hurdles. Will be an epic battle between Warholm, Dos Santos and Raj Benjamin.
Triathlon might be worth a watch, especially if the swimming is to take place in the river. Not seen if that is confirmed or not yet.

I like watching some of the sports I rarely get to see on TV, like Badminton. Skeet is impressive too.

Dupont is incredible. What a player.

Did people not like the opening ceremony? I thought it was great. Much better than usual.

I'm sorry but why was this bloke even selected after being a convicted child rapist, disgraceful

Convicted child rapist Steven van de Velde made his Olympic beach volleyball debut to a mixed reaction in Paris, with audible boos.

Van de Velde was sentenced to four years in prison in 2016 after admitting three counts of rape against a 12-year-old British girl

Gutted for Peaty, lost by 0.02 seconds in the 100m Breaststroke
It's horrible when you want a sportsman/woman to win so bad but you know they are not quite as good as they were at their peak (It still kills me seeing Murray and Nadal playing well below their best now). He still almost won it but he would've been miles ahead had it been a few years back before all his troubles. Would be good if he could get a gold with one of the relays still.

Back