• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

I take full credit for turning the match around. Stopped watching just before we scored as I was getting tired.

Sigurdsson causing havoc with his corners. Very impressive the Icelandic, will play a massive part this season by the looks of things.

"Off woodwork!" - my favourite.

Apologies to our American fans. I actually prefer this commentary to most of the banal bollox on UK TV.

Do we get about 1 billion dollars for winning this game ?

dr_evil_austin_Powers_4_Gisele-300x241.jpg

Attachments

• dr_evil_austin_Powers_4_Gisele-300x241.jpg
    dr_evil_austin_Powers_4_Gisele-300x241.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 5
He holds the ball up well, has a decent pass, just haven't seen any goalscoring instinct really..

That's because he's not really a striker, and even when he does play up front he'd never play without a partner. Having said that he scored 7 in 19 (22 app) for Millwall at a Championship level last season, which is pretty decent for an 18-year-old.

I assume he'd look like Connor Wickham in the PL (iirc the reason we didn't go for Wickham was precisely because of Kane) - does some Crouch-like basics well, but not really a goalscorer so he'd never be able to play up front on his own.

Decent 2nd half as well, great goal from The Sig. Still have VdV coming back, a striker or two coming in and none of Livermore, Bentley, Jenas or Carroll will be near the starting line-up come Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Poor from Walker, just shocking passing, needs to work on that big time. Defensively we weren't really tested, but we were pressing quite well. Decent run out going forward, not much more or less.

and now it went black. I was really looking forward to us lifting that prestigious trophy. Oh well...

A decent second half though. It was good to see us playing with a higher tempo than we did earlier on the tour. Still lots we need to improve on before the start of the season of course, but at least we showed that are capable of causing teams some trouble if we want to.

I think Gallas has looked our best center back so far in preseason. He looks fit and ready for the season. Vertonghen, on the other hand, looks insecure and a little slow I think. Sigurdsson, despite his excellent goal, loses possession too easily when under pressure. Playing in that position you need to retain the ball better than he is doing. It is clear that he has some quality though. Otherwise not that much worth mentioning. Bale looks good. Huddlestone has the quality, but has still a way to go in terms of fitness. Lennon also lacks the necessary sharpness yet, but that will come. Livermore very poor today. Walker not great either, but much better agaisnt Galaxy a week ago. Still needs to improve on what he does on the ball.

Nice to get a win in pre-season. Really glad Sigurdson scored as well. It would be very usefull for us if Bale and him can score consistently from midfield. Looking at the reports, we are still not yet ready for the new season. Hope the likes of Parker, VDV and new signings will strengthen the team more.

Back