• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

We are looking pretty rubbish to be honest. Fair enough, it is only preseason, the team will be different when the season starts, but is still a bit worrying to me.

I don't mind the American commentary. It's both funny because it's different and a bit cool, it makes the game seem a bit more serious, makes me feel like Spurs are in the big time tonight.

Livermore is an interesting one. Clearly Harry really rated him, and clearly he has a good engine. From some of the pics from this pre-season he seems absolutely stacked too. But so many times last season, and I've seen it in this game, a passing move has broken down because we've played the ball into Livermore, who has turned into an opposition player or two, got crowded out and lost it.

Now, maybe it's team-mates giving him the ball in bad areas. Maybe he's making bad moves into dangerous areas. Or maybe his confidence in demanding the ball is detrimental because players tend to give it to him in dangerous areas. But it happens more than with other players. He often gets crowded out, but doesn't seem to have the skill to evade situations like that.

thought he was pretty decent. maybe 7 is a bit too much, yeah. but he was pretty calm and in control in the middle. made some sweet passes as well.

Hudd our best player along with Ekotto (ignoring Gomes as he hasn't really been tested apart from the pen).

Half time ratings:

gomez - 6
walker - 5
dawson - 6
verthongen - 5
bae - 6
lennon - 6
livermore - 4
huddlestone - 7
bentley - 5
sigurdsson - 5
bale - 6

didn't create any chances, but started controlling the match after a bad first 15 minutes. don't see any reason to panic though. classic crappy pre-season match this.

Bentley was better than Lennon I thought.

From the Spurs end here in New york, we saw the perils of the highline with the penalty. Dominated since but who would you prefer to have on the left--Bentley or Bale. He plays on the left you know. Hoping for some goals at our end this half...

Bentley was better than Lennon I thought.

yeah, he had a couple of nice attempts. but as someone earlier in the thread said: he can't get past a man even if the guy is standing still. and i expect a winger to at least try to get past his man.

Barring the goal the high line has been great. Pretty much all of our players in their half pressing when they have the ball in defence, it's great, pretty much always get the ball back. yeah we'll pay for it occasionally but it's exciting to watch and I love seeing us chasing the balls and closing down and seeing them struggle. Been way more impressed today actually.

Oh fudge just seen. Jeans is coming on. WHYS HE GETTING MINUTES. YOU'VE SEEN HIM. NOW STOP MAKING ME THINK HE'S GOING TO STAY. HE OFFERS NOTHING!

Return of the Kane.

Gomes; Walker, Gallas, Dawson, Ekotto; Jenas, Livermore ; Lennon, Sigurdsson, Bale ; Kane

Back