• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

This is Levy we're talking about. It's been obvious for years and he does squat but bring more cash in through sales and spend nowt. The sight of him makes me quake with rage

Well, with the stadium and training ground to finance, increased wage budget to manage, and Joe Lewis' wallet firmly super-glued shut, I don't see how much more we could have spent, really.

That said, he does deserve some of the blame for the situation we currently find ourselves in. I hope he'll rectify it soon.

This is Levy we're talking about. It's been obvious for years and he does squat but bring more cash in through sales and spend nowt. The sight of him makes me quake with rage

"quake with rage"...?

:ross:

Good grief. Is that his fault too? Not good for your health mate...

I've watched the last 25 mins, and frankly, it isn't as terrible as people are making out at all. It is obvious even to Helen Keller that we need a striker. I have fait we will get a couple. And we will either have Modric or AVB's chosen replacement in soon.
Newcash is a nailed-on draw IMHO.
Enter Carroll...great little player IMHO...

lol. No, the ludicrous penny pinching to the point of wrecking seasons, oh, and sacking any boss who dares to do well with us

I agree I'm sick and tired of the striker situation. I don't care what anyone says money is available, space in the squad is now available sort it out baldy!!!

The up side of this is it will hopefully emphasize just how pronounced our weaknesses are. Sure we have key players missing, but we also have weaknesses which have existed for a few seasons and which were not addressed. Regardless of what some think of Harry the risk is too many are underestimating what he did, particulalry considering the transfer restraints seemingly imposed on him by Levy. Equally worrying is that the loss of King and seemingly inevitable loss of Modric are not seen as they should be: as the loss of two players of fundamental importance with Modric a genuine world-class talent. I support AVB, I like the idea of drilling systems into the team, but also fear his stubborness and the disaster that what his Chelsea reign. Sure the circumstances are different, but already we have exposed continuing weaknesses through the middle which his system will magnify if the players cannot get the high-line to work. Last season we saw what happened when key players got injured and sadly this window only makes me worry more about this issue. I expected Levy would have a strategy in place considering he sacked the man who got us 4/5/4th in the PL, and who got us playing great football. I assumed that mean getting players in place to play the system AVB wants, and investing money in trying to fight those around us. It has not happened...yet. But even if we do have a late splurge the areas we will be addressing have been problematic for a long time, and thus it is not surprising some/many fans might wish to ask just what on earth is going on as our nearest competitors add major talent.

I've watched the last 25 mins, and frankly, it isn't as terrible as people are making out at all. It is obvious even to Helen Keller that we need a striker. I have fait we will get a couple. And we will either have Modric or AVB's chosen replacement in soon.
Newcash is a nailed-on draw IMHO.
Enter Carroll...great little player IMHO...

So people that have watched 90 mins you know they are over-reacting because you have watched 25 mins ? :ross:

Back