• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

You can say what you want about Modric, but he's brilliant at finding space, keeping the ball moving and finding his teammates. He always makes himself available for a pass as well. Top top player I'd love to still have at Spurs.

I wish nothing but the worst possible for Ramos. What a disgrace. Hope he gets seriously injured for real.

What a time to blow the whistle. Incredible. Wonder who paid that ref how much to ensure Real won - or at least didn't lose.

What a time to blow the whistle. Incredible. Wonder who paid that ref how much to ensure Real won - or at least didn't lose.

There's nothing in the Laws of Football which compels a referee to add extra time to take a corner (or free kick).

But they must allow for a penalty to be taken.

Don't particularly mind the club, but some players are just a disgrace. Like Ramos. He is a ****, nothing less.

The whole of their first choice back four - Ramos, Marcelo, Pepe and Arbeloa are really just the absolute epitome of cynical, classless defenders.
Marcelo is probably the worst closely followed by Ramos and Pepe. Arbeloa was never as bad when he was in England, since joined RM he has unfortunately graduated to that style of defending.

Man Utd have a real chance now, was expecting a bit more from Madrid but it wouldn't surprise me to see them score a couple of times at Old Trafford, especially now that most people will be tipping Man Utd to go through based on the away goal. I Man Utd have the edge slightly in this tie but it is well and truly in the balance. Wouldn't be surprised at either side going through the way it is poised.

There's nothing in the Laws of Football which compels a referee to add extra time to take a corner (or free kick).

But they must allow for a penalty to be taken.

I know, but 99 times out of a 100, in a situation like that you let the corner be taken. It's a matter of four-five extra seconds. Happens in virtually every match.

There is no doubt in my mind Real would have been allowed to take the corner kick in a similar situation.

Pepe is to most people what Danchev is to us

What is there such hatred for Danchev? I know all agents are ****s, but they do work on behalf of their clients lets not forget, the player always has the option of sacking their agent if they believe he is behaving unprofesssionally or not in the interest of the player.

What is there such hatred for Danchev? I know all agents are ****s, but they do work on behalf of their clients lets not forget, the player always has the option of sacking their agent if they believe he is behaving unprofesssionally or not in the interest of the player.

I couldn't actually care less about him really, just remember calling everyone a Danchev for a while.

I think you're seriously overrating the average footballer's ability to think for himself and make sound decisions. They are far more likely to change agent if someone else showed up and promised them they'd be making more money or get a move to a bigger club with him running their career.

I think you're seriously overrating the average footballer's ability to think for himself and make sound decisions. They are far more likely to change agent if someone else showed up and promised them they'd be making more money or get a move to a bigger club with him running their career.

To me that's making excuses for players. Yeah a large portion of them may not be the brightest, but it's not like the agent is the only person in their circle who is advising them. They have publicists, family members etc. Plus I think even the thickest footballers can work out that Man United, Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern to name a few are massive clubs and any player would be lucky to play for them.

Players are not forced to sign contracts if they don't want to be tied to a club, that's why so many where annoyed about Modric, he made a choice to sign a contract, then he goes apebrick at Levy for trying to get the best deal for Spurs.

I know, but 99 times out of a 100, in a situation like that you let the corner be taken. It's a matter of four-five extra seconds. Happens in virtually every match.

There is no doubt in my mind Real would have been allowed to take the corner kick in a similar situation.

Technically though four or five seconds is enough for a goal which could change everything. So whilst the ref was anal and pedantic he was correct. I think refs give the extra four or five seconds as usually there is time wasted prior to that i.e. the ball needs to be returned etc

degeasave.gif

World class save.

Very good result for Utd - have to favour them in the second leg, sadly.

Madrid played really well and dominated but ultimately couldn't finish off their chances - they'd have to fight really hard in the second leg. On a positive note - their attacking movement, pace, and physical dominance was outstanding - so much for that negative play ;)

Back