• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Saw lawless, was decent, very violent, story was ok. Some good acting, but it felt like it lacked something, cant quite put my finger on it.

7/10

Michael Clarke Duncan (Green Mile, Armageddon) has died at 54 apparently

Sad loss, he was a fantastic acting talent, showcasing his acting skills to best effect in the film Green Mile. Michael Clarke Duncan was apparently a great guy to know, someone who cared deeply for others and I feel for his fiancee Omarosa Manigault who he left behind. RIP and thoughts to his family and friends.

Jus track Fromm seeing Expendables 2. Haven't had that much fun at the movies for a long time.

Everything the first movie should have been. Chuck Norris is brilliant in it. Pure 100% cheese and pulls it off well.

Just seen the hunger games. Some on here called it a chick flick. I don't know what chick flicks they watch, but it certainly wasn't. I really enjoyed it

Look forward to reading what you think. Best Cinema experience this year, along with Moonrise Kingdom.

Visually quite incredible, if a little slow at the beginning...would have liked to know where all the places were...otherwise flawless

Visually quite incredible, if a little slow at the beginning...would have liked to know where all the places were...otherwise flawless

Glad you enjoyed it, for me these films make me feel refreshed after, plus really makes me want to travel more!

What a job Ron Fricke has though, going around the world filming exquisite scenes.

bagan+temples+myanmar+02.jpg

Bagan Temples, Myanmar Burma.

image.jpg

Chinese Dancers.

Loved this part from Baraka;

[video=youtube;S-b895UdLzc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-b895UdLzc&feature=fvwrel[/video]

* Might not want to watch if you intend to watch the DVD *

I think the two films together would/will make a real masterpiece if scored well. I think perhaps the overall collage of Baraka is superior to Samsara, but Samsara has more sheen and Fricke's Camera skills have improved.

Watching Baraka again now as I took the day of because the forecast was 100% clear sun, yet it's bloody hazy, particulate crap, from Chemtrailing earlier in the day, f*ckers (Maybe that should be in the illuminati thread though!).

Outlaws...oh yes! Nick cave scripted western...Guy Pearce..."You don't have to worry...I'm not the kind of man who drinks from a greasy cup..." fudge yes!!!!!!!

Just seen the hunger games. Some on here called it a chick flick. I don't know what chick flicks they watch, but it certainly wasn't. I really enjoyed it

It's essentially The Running Man minus Arnie and the 80s ott violence and not half as good.

I thought it was a chick flick tbh.

Running Man is a classic. As is most things Arnie has been in back in the day. His one liners in Running Man are some of the greatest things ever.

love Twelve Monkeys

in need of a recommendation of something to watch tonight, if anyone has anything . . .

Back