• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

thought that might get your attention :p

seriously though, Loki had to be the worst villain ive ever seen in a movie. Thor and Captain America were laughably bad, so much crap in this movie i don't know where to begin . . .

RDJ and Scarlett Johansson were positives though

I'm not biting :)

Each to their own though, I loved it but I am a massive Marvel geek

Saw Samsara at Exeter Picture House last night, 9/10. EPIC. Visual meditation, with some jarring bits.

Probably would have been 9.5 if I hadn't seen Baraka.

Caught a couple of films while were down in London for the footy.

Total Recall - decent entertainment. Some good special fx. 7/10
The Watch - surprisingly funnier than I was expecting it to be. 8/10

Saw Samsara at Exeter Picture House last night, 9/10. EPIC. Visual meditation, with some jarring bits.

Probably would have been 9.5 if I hadn't seen Baraka.

Just booked this for Wednesday night based on your recommendation...hope its good!

thought that might get your attention :p

seriously though, Loki had to be the worst villain ive ever seen in a movie. Thor and Captain America were laughably bad, so much crap in this movie i don't know where to begin . . .

RDJ and Scarlett Johansson were positives though
The thing is Loki is a great character and has potential but, he is given the cowardly villain role which would be fine if he wasn't made so dimwitted. Captain America is perhaps the worst film I've seen this year (then again I'm not a fan of that sort of hero, hate superman aswell). Overall I think the avengers wasn't bad but, it was no where near as good as it made out. That is not to say it wasn't a good film because it was but, at points it felt like the same superhero formula over and over again.

RDJ is a very good Ironman and not bad in most parts he plays tbf O/T but RDJ is not fudging Sherlock Holmes. Sorry, I've said it earlier but, that series of films make me uncomfortable whenever somebody compares it to any other sherlock related thing because, it's not a Sherlock Holmes film.

Released 8th October on Bluray = Complete Indiana Jones Collection

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/...mplete-Adventures-Box-Set/ListingDetails.html

£42
Might be of interest to you... Poster For IMAX Indiana Jones Arrives | Movie News | Empire

To coincide with the arrival of all four Indiana Jones films on Blu-ray on September 18, US cinemagoers are being spoiled with an IMAX rerelease for just one week in the very same month.

Explaining just how you convert a 31 year-old movie to something capable of being called IMAX quality, Steven Spielberg told The New York Times, that "the first tier is where you take the DI [digital intermediate] and you enhance the resolution to IMAX resolution. The second tier is that the sound is significantly different.

"They take the [audio] stems that we gave them, and they put them through their 12,000 watts of digital surround sound, and it’s a totally uncompressed experience... You kind of feel the sound in your chest, like when the boulder is rolling, chasing Indy through the cave. You really feel the boulder in your stomach, the way you do when a marching band passes by and you’re standing right next to it."

...select cinemas in the UK will screen the IMAX-ed version of Raiders Of The Lost Ark for the week beginning September 21.

Watched two films in the last couple of days:

1) Godfather Part III - quite a slow film, but worth watching so the Michael Corleone story could be completed. Andy Garcia is a spitting image for Dimitar Berbatov in the film!

2) Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - another relatively slow film, Gary Oldman doing a particularly good job of managing to not do very much but say a lot with his body language. It's quite an engaging fil without being too complicated, I enjoyed it.

Seeing Lawless tonight, looks great. In preparation I watched another Nick Cave film, The Proposition, which was pretty good too, bleak but a good story.

Back