• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Fascinating to see how its all done

[video=youtube;Lcn06rKJn4s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcn06rKJn4s[/video]

Disney just announced Joss Whedon will write and direct THE AVENGERS 2 and develop a Marvel TV show for ABC.

Watched Ted last night

Funny as f#ck. Say no more

Yeah me too [lol]

Have to admit that about 20-30 mins in I was getting worried that all of the funny bits were already shown in the extended trailer that I'd seen but those concerns were soon put to bed. Great film

If you watch trailers you have only got yourself to blame. :)

Can't help it when they show them in the cinema before the film starts ;)

Going to see Dark Knight tomorrow which I saw the trailer for before Spiderman which I saw the trailer for before The Avengers... I don't remember what trailers I saw before I saw Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter coz I've blotted that night from my memory

Yeah me too [lol]

Have to admit that about 20-30 mins in I was getting worried that all of the funny bits were already shown in the extended trailer that I'd seen but those concerns were soon put to bed. Great film

Totally agree. Plenty of hilarious bits we hadnt seen.

Partick Stewart's narration was brilliant

Totally agree. Plenty of hilarious bits we hadnt seen.

Partick Stewart's narration was brilliant

Yeah very nice - the bit at the very beginning (if you know what I mean without giving any Spoilers for anyone else) had the whole theatre wetting themselves!

I loved that Seth MacFarlane's writing style didn't differ at all from what we've become accustomed to and so we were treated to our fair share of cameos and nods or two fingers to various celebrities/films/shows

Yeah very nice - the bit at the very beginning (if you know what I mean without giving any Spoilers for anyone else) had the whole theatre wetting themselves!

I loved that Seth MacFarlane's writing style didn't differ at all from what we've become accustomed to and so we were treated to our fair share of cameos and nods or two fingers to various celebrities/films/shows

I do. And pretty much the same thing happened at our cinema too

I enjoyed Ted but didn't think it was as good as I'd hoped. A lot of the jokes were smile jokes rather than :ross: jokes.

I do think too that the trailers contained most of the really funny clips, even if the trailer does step aside a little from the film version of specific clips :D

So far though the worst film I've seen in the last 12 months has to be either Abaham Lincoln Vampire Hunter or John Carter.

Neither were really crap but I don't think I'd recommend either either....

By the way did anyone else read that Vertigo was outed to best film of all time recently? I've got a Hitchock box set so I'll probably have a watch of that over the weekend

By the way did anyone else read that Vertigo was outed to best film of all time recently? I've got a Hitchock box set so I'll probably have a watch of that over the weekend
Yeah I read that, personally I wouldn't say Vertigo is my favourite Hitchc_ck film let alone best film of all time, but there you go.

Last edited:
Back