• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Upon reflection I would like to downgrade my thoughts on Drive from "meh" to "If you havent seen it yet, seriously, dont bother"

Slightly disappointing film, but very good visually at blu-ray quality. The trailer was amazing though - best of last year, so it was never going to live up to the hope I had for it.

Ted - quite funny, loads of good one liners, I suppose it's very Family Guy in its humour.

Thought it was a little short on laughs considering McFarlane wrote it. Also reused one or two Family Guy jokes which I thought was a little lazy.

I noticed that too. I'm not the biggest Family Guy fan but thought the film was funnier than most of FG in the last few years.

Id never seen the trailer, went into it 'blind' - was hugely disappointed.

Can't find it at the moment, but look for the UK one. The US one I saw was all screeching tyres and noise, the UK one was almost silent - punctuated by (suggested) extreme violence. Very, very brave trailer, but then I think I saw it at Tinker Tailor... so they were probably aiming for a 'thinking' audience.

The silent menace in the trailer did a far better job of portraying Sallis's lead character than the film did.

I see the latest 'one man Democracy hero fudges up the whole town of Eastern European 'terrorists' with one clip and never re-loads' semi-brain dead action flick, featuring Neeson is to be released soon

Has he signed a contract to feature in all those for the next 5 years or something?

Slightly disappointing film, but very good visually at blu-ray quality. The trailer was amazing though - best of last year, so it was never going to live up to the hope I had for it.

I watched Drive on Blu-Ray the other week and also thought it looked stunning plus sounded pretty good too, definitely style over substance though.

Reminded me of Michael Mann' movie Collateral which I enjoyed more overall.

Watched "The Iron Lady" the other night.

Whatever your views are on Thatcher, Meryl Streep is absolutely f***ing amazing in this movie. I liked the historical bias too, not leaning towards one side or the other, but focusing on the person and her relationships rather than her politics.

right watched a few in last couple of weeks
The guard- an irish comedy starring don cheadle very good actually
safe house-typical action film was ok
the interrupters- documentary film set in chicagos rough south side 10/10 excelent film
contraband- another action film/thriller was ok again

Ted is easily the funniest film this year so far.

Lots of Star Wars references as expected as it's written and directed by Seth Macfarlane.

Upon reflection I would like to downgrade my thoughts on Drive from "meh" to "If you havent seen it yet, seriously, dont bother"

I posted pretty much the same thing a few pages back.

The soundtrack though is growing on me. Here, they use a song from the movie in some of the Olympics montages. At first I was like, where do I know that song from, and then I realises. Very haunting.

I posted pretty much the same thing a few pages back.

The soundtrack though is growing on me. Here, they use a song from the movie in some of the Olympics montages. At first I was like, where do I know that song from, and then I realises. Very haunting.

I did enjoy the soundtrack, but even that seemed to be over hyped to me. It was good, not a redeeming feature of the film!

Saw Ted last night, few good laughs, quite disappointed though

Best bits were the Apache Helicopter, Ted's job interview, and punching the fat kid in the face :ross:

Back