• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Just seen the dark Knight rises at the BFI IMAX in London

Picture quality was very disappointing

And the film itself is very weak

Really disappointed :-(

Mate gets married at Dunston Hall just outside Norwich at end Aug, were all staying in Norwich the night before, its a top place as you say

Certainly a top night out. The main street was buzzin on the nights we were there. Really really impressed.

Just got back from South Wales this afternoon. Stayed at Pontypool this time around, but got down to Cardiff and Cardiff Bay. Well impressed.

Just seen the dark Knight rises at the BFI IMAX in London

Picture quality was very disappointing

And the film itself is very weak

Really disappointed :-(

Tough crowd.

Only joking. It's a shame you were disappointed. I'd actually read and heard mixed reviews, some good and a few poor. It's obviously each to their own I suppose. I'm in the camp who really enjoyed it, but can appreciate that not everyone is going to enjoy it

Its hard to explain why I didn't like it. Just wasn't enough Batman in it for my liking. And some of it was really cheesy. And it was too slow in lots of parts.

I am a massive fan of the franchise, but this could've been so much better

Also worth pointing out that I think The Dark Knight is the greatest superhero film I've ever seen.

I reckon it will be much higher on IMDB over TDKR in the long term, which is a good gauge of what a huge number of fans think...

Its hard to explain why I didn't like it. Just wasn't enough Batman in it for my liking. And some of it was really cheesy. And it was too slow in lots of parts.

I am a massive fan of the franchise, but this could've been so much better

That was definitely my only real criticism of the film, probably could have done with losing maybe 15/20 minutes along the way

revisited an early naughties classic last night - Mean Girls - 8/10

o-mean-girls-gets-a-sequel.jpg

3,1,4,2 imv

off to see the new Batman on Sunday, no Imax though :(

revisited an early naughties classic last night - Mean Girls - 8/10

o-mean-girls-gets-a-sequel.jpg

3,1,4,2 imv

off to see the new Batman on Sunday, no Imax though :(

fudge em all at the same time n brick
I have two hands, a **** and two legs. I can do them all at the same time.

What do people think of a Clockwork Orange?

The film is about as good an adaptation of the book as I think can be made whilst still making it watchable.

Interesting fact - The UK version of the book has 24 chapters, whilst the US-made version of the movie (and the US book I believe, might be wrong though.) only portrays the first 23 chapters. The missing final chapter completely alters the overall moral of the book, from a story of a young man growing out of his childish, thuggish, anti-social behaviour, to one of success by the state's behavioural-changing torture methods.

Back