• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Kane scored more against Leicester than any other side, fans are weird.

Cool story though. Might actually watch the new Alien film

I'm keen to see how it loops the story round. I am likely in a minority of liking the two with Fastbender, but they leave alot of unanswered questions

Really enjoyed Twisters at the cinema. Quite refreshing that it wasn’t preachy and didn’t have a “message” like a lot of Hollywood blockbusters have these days. I’m not against messages in films but they’re getting more frequent and sometimes I just want to watch a film and escape for 2 hours rather than being reminded of the issues in the world. The director even said it was deliberate to make sure the film didn’t preach or talk down to people.

Watched Deadpool & Wolverine today. I loved it. 5/5 from me. The screen was packed and the showing was at 14:40. Won’t give any spoilers.

Also enjoyed Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F. Laughed out loud a couple of times.

Hope not. Make something new.

I get money makes the world go round but the Cinema seems an even split of crap franchise turn out and biopics where people seemingly only care if the actor looks and sounds like the original person rather than the film being decent.

People making real great interesting new films is a dying art unfortunately.

I get money makes the world go round but the Cinema seems an even split of crap franchise turn out and biopics where people seemingly only care if the actor looks and sounds like the original person rather than the film being decent.

The koreans used to make some fantastic films. Not checked recently. Tbh not watched any films in ages. Dune 2 was the last one.

I watched Strawberry Mansion last night for the first time. It won't be for everybody but it's amazing how a film can seem nostalgic despite you not having seen it before as well as it coming off as fresh simultaneously. Something ironic about watching an anti advert culture movie on prime who have just enforced adverts unless you want to pay for the elite version of prime. There are new movies being made by creative directors but they don't tend to fall in to your lap. I always bang on about wanting to sign up to mubi to have a bit more if a nuanced collection available.

I don't think Marvel will ever come close to the build up to endgame but it'd have to go horribly wrong for them to call it quits. No matter how bad it gets it'll still have been a hell of an achievement. Some bad luck with actors / controversy alongside the idea that if you happen to have a female / black / gay protagonist it's suddenly woke propaganda and is too political for people that don't want to think or see anyone different to themselves.

If true, getting the dude who played ironman to play Dr Doom seems a bit dumb if it's theoretically happening in the same universe. Still doesn't seem to be going any better on the DC side of things especially in terms of controversy but we'll always have Sin City, Dredd, V for Vendett, Watchmen etc

I watched Strawberry Mansion last night for the first time. It won't be for everybody but it's amazing how a film can seem nostalgic despite you not having seen it before as well as it coming off as fresh simultaneously. Something ironic about watching an anti advert culture movie on prime who have just enforced adverts unless you want to pay for the elite version of prime. There are new movies being made by creative directors but they don't tend to fall in to your lap. I always bang on about wanting to sign up to mubi to have a bit more if a nuanced collection available.

I don't think Marvel will ever come close to the build up to endgame but it'd have to go horribly wrong for them to call it quits. No matter how bad it gets it'll still have been a hell of an achievement. Some bad luck with actors / controversy alongside the idea that if you happen to have a female / black / gay protagonist it's suddenly woke propaganda and is too political for people that don't want to think or see anyone different to themselves.

If true, getting the dude who played ironman to play Dr Doom seems a bit dumb if it's theoretically happening in the same universe. Still doesn't seem to be going any better on the DC side of things especially in terms of controversy but we'll always have Sin City, Dredd, V for Vendett, Watchmen etc

Apparently Doom and Iron Man have switched places in the comics so maybe it’s on the cards somehow.

I don’t care who they cast as long as it’s the best person for the role. I liked both captain marvel films and didn’t even know it was a man in the comics. I draw the line at a woman playing James Bond. Create a new female character in the same universe and have her be 008. Do something original.

Yeh spot on

Issue for me, not being a Marvel or DC head but having liked Batman's and Spidermans etc I just think I would need a road map to make sense of who is who and what is what.

I'm intrigued to know what Tarrantino has planned for his last film

Back