• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

It's an age thing, only got my eldest grandson (32) to start watching black and white films a couple of years ago. It's got to relate to them and 50/60's don't. I use to watch foreign films with sub titles now I cant be arsed unless they are films I've seen before and liked.

I remember school holidays when i was a kid (when not in ireland). Mum and dad at work only the 4 channels. It used to be elvis/abbot and costello or laurel and hardy films on bbc 2. In the mornings. Used to love them.

I remember school holidays when i was a kid (when not in ireland). Mum and dad at work only the 4 channels. It used to be elvis/abbot and costello or laurel and hardy films on bbc 2. In the mornings. Used to love them.

When I was a kid a few mate didn't like having to go to Ireland for 6 weeks in the summer, no TV and for one no electricity.

NO real shocks at the Oscars, Jamie Lee Curtis one probably the biggest. Lovely story around the short film win from Northern Ireland too

I'm old enough to remember when BBC2 would close down during the day...like "we haven't got anything good to show you so we'll just close down until 6pm". This is pre C4, so just 3 channels, and one would bail out during the day.
Take note, daytime tv.

The Better half being a fan of the series wanted to watch the Luther film. What a pile of muck .Started ok then just went off the rails. Bit like the TV series started strong and got gradually worse as it went on.

I watched it tonight and thought the same thing.

Today's afternoon viewing seeing as it's Oscars week....the Crying game
Eskv3vYM1JO0.gif

I watched it tonight and thought the same thing.

Thanks for letting me know. Was tempted to watch it last night as my missus is also a big fan of Luther. May have to give it a miss.

We plumped for Everything Everywhere all at once, after hearing it had done well at the Oscars. Well...what the f#ckety f#ck was that all about. I tried and tried to bear with it, as I had absolutely no idea what was going on, but it beat us both and gave up.
Not sure what we were missing, but absolutely clueless to how it won all those Oscars

Thanks for letting me know. Was tempted to watch it last night as my missus is also a big fan of Luther. May have to give it a miss.

We plumped for Everything Everywhere all at once, after hearing it had done well at the Oscars. Well...what the f#ckety f#ck was that all about. I tried and tried to bear with it, as I had absolutely no idea what was going on, but it beat us both and gave up.
Not sure what we were missing, but absolutely clueless to how it won all those Oscars

I liked it. Said on here. I have no idea why. It shouldn't have worked for me but somehow it did. There is just a warmth or something.

Totally get anyone that hates it. If i was in a different mindset when watching it, i would probably too.

Wild bill was another. Probably not the greatest film all things considered. But i loved it.

Watched Babylon on the plane home. Really enjoyed the first half, but wtf was with the tedious second half? That movie really didn't need to be 3hrs long.

I liked it. Said on here. I have no idea why. It shouldn't have worked for me but somehow it did. There is just a warmth or something.

Totally get anyone that hates it. If i was in a different mindset when watching it, i would probably too.

Wild bill was another. Probably not the greatest film all things considered. But i loved it.

I was not expecting that type of film when I watched it last year, but I agree, it just had a warmth and it just worked. I thoroughly enjoyed the film but I get it is not for everyone.

Just because people have had enough misery of late and don't have truck at the moment for the usual depressing 'worthy' Oscar bait like Tar, Till and Women Talking?

EEAAO was fine, but Pinocchio and Top Gun were better

Just because people have had enough misery of late and don't have truck at the moment for the usual depressing 'worthy' Oscar bait like Tar, Till and Women Talking?

EEAAO was fine, but Pinocchio and Top Gun were better

Top Gun was watchable and I enjoyed it, very well filmed but it was more of a Tom Cruise passion and ego project than it was a top top Oscars film. His acting was cheesy and the plot was cliché ridden for those that enjoyed the first. The American Football scene and the Great Balls of fire were more than simple easter eggs

Did old big nose win an Oscar?

Back