• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Rewatching 10 Cloverfield Lane, remember it the first time and the twists and turn were a shocker with the main threat not actually being outside but inside with them

SPOILER ALERT (Not sure how to hide) - Has a bit of a wacky ending though no?

Is it the same as the original?
I've not seen the original, read the book about 35-40 years ago and from what i recall its different. Stays close to the message, but re images it more for modern audiences.
Normally i wouldn't go with that all, but it was very subtlety done.

I've got paths of glory to watch as well, been sitting on that one for a whike, need to watch it soon.

The Better half being a fan of the series wanted to watch the Luther film. What a pile of muck .Started ok then just went off the rails. Bit like the TV series started strong and got gradually worse as it went on.

The Better half being a fan of the series wanted to watch the Luther film. What a pile of muck .Started ok then just went off the rails. Bit like the TV series started strong and got gradually worse as it went on.

I loved Luther than it went hyper Elba centralising and hyping and it lost out. Its why I like Strike, similar but still about the plot line whilst delving into the main guys troubles but they don't overpower the plot

I watched the Elvis film and didn't enjoy it TBH....

I loved Luther than it went hyper Elba centralising and hyping and it lost out. Its why I like Strike, similar but still about the plot line whilst delving into the main guys troubles but they don't overpower the plot

Strike I’ve never seen that one. Will have to have a look.

The plot holes were utterly ridiculous

I've not seen the original, read the book about 35-40 years ago and from what i recall its different. Stays close to the message, but re images it more for modern audiences.
Normally i wouldn't go with that all, but it was very subtlety done.

I've got paths of glory to watch as well, been sitting on that one for a whike, need to watch it soon.

Didn't realise it was a book. Watched the original in primary school (different times, watership down was considered a kids film). Very powerful.

Elvis was ok, but again shot through a modern eye spoilt it for me.
Not a huge elvis fan but its hard to argue that he wasn't a powerful performer with some absolutely belting songs, so why over dub them or replace them with modern music?
His work stands alone.

Not a huge elvis fan but its hard to argue that he wasn't a powerful performer with some absolutely belting songs, so why over dub them or replace them with modern music?
His work stands alone.

Only ever touched foot in Prestwick because his manager was so dodgy and was not allowing UK tours because of his history...always find that fascinating.

Bit of Jaws action for me now before the footy starts, fav film of al time

Didn't realise it was a book. Watched the original in primary school (different times, watership down was considered a kids film). Very powerful.

I think at one time the book was part of the curriculum, we flirted with it at school along with dulce et decorum est, the horrors war from both sides of the lines.
Quite powerful at 14.

His work stands alone.

It's an age thing, only got my eldest grandson (32) to start watching black and white films a couple of years ago. It's got to relate to them and 50/60's don't. I use to watch foreign films with sub titles now I cant be arsed unless they are films I've seen before and liked.

Back