• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Finally saw the latest star wars movie. What a crock of brick. Would've been nice if they made it for grownups instead of kids, or at least advertised it as a film for kids.

Finally saw the latest star wars movie. What a crock of brick. Would've been nice if they made it for grownups instead of kids, or at least advertised it as a film for kids.
Watched it on Saturday night, awful. I love the originals and this is a travesty.
What the follow ups can't seem to get a grip of is the fact the original is timeless. You can't watch it and place it in an era. There is NO WAY Han Solo, one of the coolest men ever in any galaxy would ever utter the words "bring it down". He's Han fudging Solo not Oprah!!!!!!

Midnight Special was a delightful surprise of a film - great casting and acting with beautiful imagery too.

Saw Eye in the Sky at the weekend. Really interesting seeing Helen Mirren in that role and Alan Rickman was given a rather good under-stated send-off. The film elicited a response from me as I was watching, which is probably a good sign. Nearly shouting at the decisions being taken by some characters...

The last film I watched was The Huntsmen Winter War. Emily Blunt beauty is still timeless. The film was fantastic and I would rate it 9/10.

I've never liked Star Wars, but I watched the latest one and it was pretty good. On the strength of that I went back and watched A New Hope and the Empire Strikes Back, and yep, they are still cack.

Saw Sing Street the other night,a quirky funny film based in N.Ireland in the mid 80's. Story about a 16 year old boy who moves to an all boy school, fancies a girl he meets outside the school,so starts a band up to impress her.

Takes a different slant on a similar vein of film ,won't say what but the soundtrack is great and the film is very good too.

saw a film called Victoria the other night - very good, follows a young Spanish girl on a night out in Berlin and things go from bad to worse as she meets a group of lads after leaving a club in the early hours...

interesting thing about this film is that it was shot all in one take and takes place in real time - could be seen as a novelty but i think it's done really well and adds to the tension/drama as the plot unfolds - well worth a watch

the opening club scene :

*serious strobe lighting*

Back