• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Finally saw it today, was waiting to take my nephew.

I absolutely loved it, obviously gutted, still in a little bit of shock, it WAS Star Wars, the pitfalls of the prequels were avoided, the world felt felt real and lived in, I'm already buzzing for the next one, there is a lot of interesting back story to come bearing in mind how things start here and how they ended with Jedi. It was good to see the influence of the EU as well.

Haha. Well a droid didn't crash land anywhere, Kylo Ren wore a mask - but I'm not sure that makes him half robotic and I wouldn't call that a fight scene (on the gantry)
Well, you know when you prise off the lid of a mince pie in one piece? And you lick out all the mince, and put the lid back on. And put it back in the pack for your brother to find? It's a bit like that, it's still a mince pie but not the same as the other mince pies.

Watched a film called ex-machina last night (it's on sky movies on demand), quite a decent sci fi I thought. Not going to blow your mind but a very good watch and well received by critics. Makes you think a bit at the end.

I enjoyed Star Wars, it was very derivative of the original trilogy, but from where George left it with the prequels the only way was up. It was fun, and the only thing I had to cringe at was the trailer before that some idiot has felt the need to make a sequel to Independence Day.

Having yet another planet destroying super weapon though... surely someone would've realised that doesn't work out so well.

I watched Creed the other night. Was fantastic. Exceeded my expectations completely. A lot of cool call backs for old Rocky fans too and loved the ending which was a call back in itself.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/george-lucas-not-a-fan-of-retro-star-wars-approach-20151230

Star Wars creator George Lucas doesn't seem too fond of the approach to the latest title in the film series, Star Wars: The Force Awakens. In an interview with Charlie Rose, via IndieWire, he discussed the franchise's legacy and also shared his thoughts about the new film

Lucas sold his franchise to The Walt Disney Company for $4 billion in 2012. In the interview, he discussed filmmaking and his career, his Star Wars films (referring to them as his "kids"), the Star Wars sale, the current box office blockbuster and his diverging vision from Disney for the franchise.

"They looked at the stories, and they said, 'We want to make something for the fans,'" Lucas said of Disney. "They decided they didn't want to use those stories, they decided they were going to do their own thing."

Lucas also said Disney wasn't interested in his ideas for sequels. "They weren't that keen to have me involved anyway, but if I get in there, I'm just going to cause trouble, because they're not going to do what I want them to do. And I don't have the control to do that anymore, and all I would do is muck everything up," he said. "And so I said, 'OK, I will go my way and let them go their way.'"

As for how Star Wars: The Force Awakens turned out, he would have approached it differently, as he contended he did when the franchise was in his hands. "They wanted to do a retro movie. I don't like that. Every movie, I worked very hard to make them different," Lucas said. "I made them completely different – different planets, different spaceships to make it new."

I just watched Foxcatcher on Amazon Prime Firestick. It was very odd. I know it is based on a true story but... very strange. Bit slow. Quite sad. Hmm. Would be annoyed if I'd paid money to see it. But I say that about most films, they are worth a quid or two but not a tenner plus parking

watched Inglorious Basterds and Hateful Eight over the weekend. Former probably slightly better, in my opinion. Latter was a bit slow in places. I was tired though, so maybe better on a second viewing. I also struggled to hear some of the dialogue.

Mad Max Fury Road.

Holy brick!

That was almost perfection and I'm incredibly picky when it comes to style over substance in action movies.

Just one tiny little plot device that bugged me and that was this guy not getting kicked off the rig after being taken out:

MV5BMTY5NDUwNDY3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODQ3NTE2NTE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Still not sold on Tom Hardy though.

Mad Max Fury Road.

Holy brick!

That was almost perfection and I'm incredibly picky when it comes to style over substance in action movies.

Just one tiny little plot device that bugged me and that was this guy not getting kicked off the rig after being taken out:

MV5BMTY5NDUwNDY3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODQ3NTE2NTE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Still not sold on Tom Hardy though.
You've only just watched Fury Road :eek: That's my favourite movie of 2015 and was the first in many years that I watched twice at the cinema / IMAX!

Thankfully Hardy didn't have much dialogue.

Saw Room tonight, bit depressing but decent film.

Still baffled as to the great reviews for Mad Max. If that film gets Oscar nominations then surely The Force Awakens deserved a few more too.

Saw Room tonight, bit depressing but decent film.

Still baffled as to the great reviews for Mad Max. If that film gets Oscar nominations then surely The Force Awakens deserved a few more too.

THANK GHod. I just don't get the insane reviews for Mad Max - I thought it was a beautifully shot action film, but had zero character depth, plot, or even variety in the action. I thought it was pretty farcical when they drove all the way back along the same fudging road!

Back