• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Betting Thread ***

Cheltenham

14:00 Minella For Value
14:30 Nadiya De La Vega
15:40 Prince Tom

Kelso

15:15 Super Ally

I was going to lay Frankel but I think only one horse could beat him so put £50 on Cirrus Des Aigles @ 6.6 instead.

I think that's £50 gone.

What are the cashiers in the bookies actually trained to do ? quite a few times in my local ladbrokes I've had to explain things to the girls behind the counter.

They put the slip through some machine (im guessing it just takes a copy of what you've written) and then I'm assuming someone somewhere else works out what the bet is and settles it, because I wouldnt trust the girls in my local bookies to be working out how much to pay out.

Ladbrokes staff are trained in shop so the cashiers are only as good as the manager!!!!

William Hill send our staff to a training centre although the majority of training is now done in shops too. Your right though when the slip goes through the till a copy is saved to the till. It's then our job to translate the bet by inputting all the details of the bet into the system. However, if they break down, I'm fine. Try getting a bet on with some of these girls in shops wouldn't have a fudging clue.

BTTS
Swansea v Wigan
West Ham v Southampton
Brighton v Middlesbrough
Hull v Ipswich
Preston v Sheff Utd
Yeovil v Bury
Bristol Rovers v Torquay
Fleetwood v AFC Wimbledon
£10 pays £548.52

To win
Fulham
West Ham
Charlton
£20 pays £126.00

Mixed
Wes Ham to score 2 or more
Burnley to score 2 or more
Deportivo v Barcelona over 3.5
Sunderland v Saudi Sportswashing Machine BTTS
£12 pays £155.45

Anytime scorers
Carroll (WHU)
Taarabt (QPR)
Austin (BUR)
Fletcher (SUN)
£5 pays £216.09

£1 on West Ham 3-3 Southampton and Nolan to score the last goal - I dreamt this as the outcome last night so worth a £1 bet at those odds
£4 on West Ham v Southampton to be over 5.5 goals @ 8/1
£10 on West Ham v Southampton to be over 4.5 goals @ 4/1
£5 on Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool and Manchester United all to win this afternoon at odds of 2/1

I hope not, I've got the West Ham match in a fair few bets :lol:

Also have West Ham in the 5th round of a paddypower last man standing too 8-[

2-1 Southampton will now score 2 more to turn the game to 3-2 to Southampton... before an equaliser from Nolan. [-o<

Now it would be really, really good if Saints or West Ham scored... and to be honest, I don't care too much that my dream bet hasn't come in to fruition. If Saints or West Ham score again, I make £40 profit. If they score 2 between them then I'm £72 up on today! :O

I could have cashed out on Betfair and achieved a guaranteed pay out of £16 profit from my £10 stake on over 4.5 goals but I'm hopeful that there will be at least another goal. I think West Ham have the cushion that won't see them defend and Southampton can't defend.

Sheffield United @ 7/4

Crawley Town @ 5/4

Gillingham @ 3/4

Tranmere Rovers @ 9/4

Multiple Type: 4 fold
Stake: 10.00
Possible Return: 351.91

One team fudged me up and yep its the league leaders losing to the team who were 3rd from bottom...

Sums up my footie betting lately..

Back