• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Tbf there were rumours of Poch leaving to Utd or Real, but that’s the sort of status of club that a manager doing well at Spurs could go to. So I think your point still stands, it’s only a handful of clubs that could poach a manager from us.

Madrid approached AVB when he was with us too.

Yep, hopefully it doesnt get held up with the DoF appointment
Whilst one should lead the other
We’re in a position with too many holes in the structure to fill
It does sound as though we have a DOF lined up so that may mean everything aligns
Who knows

Whilst one should lead the other
We’re in a position with too many holes in the structure to fill
It does sound as though we have a DOF lined up so that may mean everything aligns
Who knows

We have a DoF lined up? Great if so - who do you think?

Taking time for a manager appointment has been understandable given clubs finishing their seasons etc. The DoF vacancy was very foreseeable though meaning we should have (and might well have had) our homework done in advance, and the end of season is/was less of an issue. Arguably a harder appointment though given capital available vs expectations

Utterly underwhelmed by the prospect of Slot but that may be partly fuelled by my own ignorance because I don't watch much Dutch football.

To be honest, hire Nagelsmann, Pep or Klopp and I'm still struggling to get enthusiastic about the whole thing. So I'm not sure there is a manager I could get excited about - I'm just feeling a bit fatigued with the club and the continuous bobbing between looking like we might challenge and utter mediocrity. I need the summer to get away from Spurs for a while.

Utterly underwhelmed by the prospect of Slot but that may be partly fuelled by my own ignorance because I don't watch much Dutch football.

To be honest, hire Nagelsmann, Pep or Klopp and I'm still struggling to get enthusiastic about the whole thing. So I'm not sure there is a manager I could get excited about - I'm just feeling a bit fatigued with the club and the continuous bobbing between looking like we might challenge and utter mediocrity. I need the summer to get away from Spurs for a while.
I think we all do!

Hope you come back refreshed for it and ready to go again. Appreciate your stances on the club are borne out of extreme frustration, but we’re going to need everyone pulling together next year to give Slot / whoever a fighting chance of succeeding! Hopefully a change in the kind of football we see will give us all cause for a bit more optimism.

COYS…

A few good results in August and you'll be sucked right back in for another emotional rollercoaster ride.

Feeling very underwhelmed by it all at the moment, but as long as it isn't rodgers I'm not that fussed.
Slot would be my first choice out of those available, i will wait and see if the clubs methods and targets align with the manager, imho they haven't for a while.

We have a DoF lined up? Great if so - who do you think?

Taking time for a manager appointment has been understandable given clubs finishing their seasons etc. The DoF vacancy was very foreseeable though meaning we should have (and might well have had) our homework done in advance, and the end of season is/was less of an issue. Arguably a harder appointment though given capital available vs expectations
Chap from Germany

I don't think we've looked like we'd challenge for 4 years beyond a good 2nd half of the season last year (and that was a run to 4th only). And the hope of a kick on from that was quickly extinguished.

Hopefully some just good to watch football and a fella we can connect with is next seasons hope.

More questions for Slot on Spurs at today's press conference before the Feyenoord-Emmen game. Link here, in Dutch: https://nos.nl/artikel/2475689-slot...komst-engelse-tv-ploeg-zal-teleurgesteld-zijn

Main takeaways: Slot does not want to talk about it at all, wants to focus only on Feyenoord's game on Sunday. Would you speak to Feyenoord's bosses if a club would approach you?, the reporter asks. "Yes, of course I would - if what you are saying would be the case". When presented with Xavi Alonso's confirmation that he will stay at Bayer Leverkusen for another season ("Why not say something similar?"), he says he does not want to comment "because the way you covered my sacking at AZ [when he opted to speak to Feyenoord before his contract was up] means that everything I say on this topic will be scrutinized. I guess this is part of the life of a football coach".

Cool and collected, but you don't even have to read between the lines to understand that he is keeping his options open - which means he is likely to leave.
C'mon @Hotspur75, we need some more ITC.

I think we all do!

Hope you come back refreshed for it and ready to go again. Appreciate your stances on the club are borne out of extreme frustration, but we’re going to need everyone pulling together next year to give Slot / whoever a fighting chance of succeeding! Hopefully a change in the kind of football we see will give us all cause for a bit more optimism.

COYS…

A few good results in August and you'll be sucked right back in for another emotional rollercoaster ride.

No doubt. Even without the results, I'm sure I'll be back full of blind hope like the rest of us. If I could hope when it looked like Kane was gone and Nuno was appointed, if I could hope in the 90s when we were utter dogbrick, I'm sure I'll have the enthusiasm back by August. Levy's had my money for next season already so I've got no choice.

Anyway, your football club is the one thing that's for life.

Gutted it looks like we haven’t gone all out for Nagelsmann. The guys a winner, reckon that prob scares Levy

Back