• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Naglesmann not my first choice but would be happy. Need a good dof to go with him though.

Maybe after byern he might be prepared for a bit more of a project.

As for him flopping at byern, he had a better win rate for them than pep did even after they sold 40 goal a season lewandowski.

If he genuinely wants to come I hope we can get it done without the usual dragging things out and comments coming out that Levy is being awkward

If Poch goes to Chelsea and we don't get JN it's going to kick off so badly in and around the ground the last 3 games

If he genuinely wants to come I hope we can get it done without the usual dragging things out and comments coming out that Levy is being awkward

If Poch goes to Chelsea and we don't get JN it's going to kick off so badly in and around the ground the last 3 games

Yes, getting the manager appointment done early in order to bring some stability to the club is paramount

Yes, getting the manager appointment done early in order to bring some stability to the club is paramount

If he is coming I would appoint him and say its from the summer TBH, get out some of the utter dross and the players we all need to go, let him have conversations with Munn and a new DOF behind the scenes and plot from there.

I would be no fan of giving him this mess and having it on his Spurs CV.

Very much of the mindset of they got us in this mess, they get us out of it

I would be very happy with Nagelsmann - get good vibes off him. Even the alarm bells that GB is basing his opinion off suggest to me he's not prepared to take brick from 'big names' either in the dressing room or from above.
We need someone to heal the club, not another grenade thrower

It's more complicated than that.
There's a 4 way conversation needed between Levy, Munn, new DofF, new manager...with the last two needing new faces it's very much a chicken and egg situation.... stability comes from everyone hopefully being happy with the decisions made. Manager first?, DofF first? I don't have an answer BUT yes, we have to be mindful that other clubs have positions to fill as well.

Paratici going is a step forward as it was the definition of uncertainty.

Nagelsman would be a great appointment and beyond my expectations. The fact many on here turn their nose up at him but endorse managers they barely knew existed a year ago says it all about the 'knowledge' of football fans....

If he is coming I would appoint him and say its from the summer TBH, get out some of the utter dross and the players we all need to go, let him have conversations with Munn and a new DOF behind the scenes and plot from there.

I would be no fan of giving him this mess and having it on his Spurs CV.

Very much of the mindset of they got us in this mess, they get us out of it
Although I agree with your suggestion, it's sad reflection that your final sentence suggests we have to make allowance for the hard of thinking.

Surely any rational thinking fan would be pleased by the fact that we are resetting and moving on, and regardless of the outcome of the final 6/7 games would understand that it's the start of the process, so results are what they are, and the actual benefit of getting on with it as quickly as possible would outweigh those results.

I think you're scared (and rightly so), that if he lost 4 or 5 the negativity would rear it's head and grind away into the summer.

Although I agree with your suggestion, it's sad reflection that your final sentence suggests we have to make allowance for the hard of thinking.

Surely any rational thinking fan would be pleased by the fact that we are resetting and moving on, and regardless of the outcome of the final 6/7 games would understand that it's the start of the process, so results are what they are, and the actual benefit of getting on with it as quickly as possible would outweigh those results.

I think you're scared (and rightly so), that if he lost 4 or 5 the negativity would rear it's head and grind away into the summer.

Its a mix of what I have seen in the past and what I think would signify just a clean slate generally TBH.

1) Long term manager not another man baby
2) Plays attacking football
3) Under 50 in age
4) Brave enough to drop and sell older players so we can press again, has a focus on youth
5) Will take the cups seriously

To be honest at this point it feels pretty futile with Levy still chairman. I don't even think he's bad as a chairman (certainly top ten in the league) would just like a change there to freshen up the club. This Stellieni appointment is really fudged seeing as we weren't in a bad position for CL and could have maybe grabbed it with a fresh voice, attacking mentality and a big change in formation and tactics. Better to die that way bravely than the continuation of Conte.

Nagelsman would be a great appointment and beyond my expectations. The fact many on here turn their nose up at him but endorse managers they barely knew existed a year ago says it all about the 'knowledge' of football fans....
The only ones who would be on a par with him for me would be De zerbi and Poch himself. Not going to lie though it will be really tough to see Poch go to Chelsea.

Last edited:
Poch would hate it at Chelsea. Doesn't Boehly go down and give a team talk after the manager there? Can you imagine what goes through the squad's heads?

The only ones who would be in a par with him for me would be De zerbi and Poch himself. Not going to lie though it will be really tough to see Poch go to Chelsea.

De Zerbi is a couple of levels below either of them for me.

All well and good doing well coming in to a club & team that is already in a good place, lets see how things go for him after he's had a full preseason and there's a bit of player turnover to deal with.

My understanding was that this was only for this season, rather than beyond. Therefore if we want him to start in June, there dont need to be conversations with Bayern.

Perhaps his notice period was longer though? Alternatively perhaps we want him sooner?

He hasn't been fired, he's been relieved of his role, he's still on their payroll with what remains of a five year contract.

Bayern will want to negotiate with next club so they aren't on the hook for his payout.

Naglesmann not my first choice but would be happy. Need a good dof to go with him though.

Maybe after byern he might be prepared for a bit more of a project.

As for him flopping at byern, he had a better win rate for them than pep did even after they sold 40 goal a season lewandowski.
I think when @Gutter Boy refers to flopping at Bayern, it's that he was sacked after a relatively short time there even though on paper they were doing well. That has to ring some alarm bells given our own record with managers not working here. It shouldn't be dismissed.

I think when @Gutter Boy refers to flopping at Bayern, it's that he was sacked after a relatively short time there even though on paper they were doing well. That has to ring some alarm bells given our own record with managers not working here. It shouldn't be dismissed.
He was scared because of off the pitch issues
His on the pitch side was still excellent

bayerns leadership team now are a bit brick from what I can see

Back