• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Why would he turn down Chelsea for us? They've spent hundreds of millions and will probably continue to do so. They're more ready to win trophies than we are

There’s a quote out there from him where he says something like for his next job he doesn’t want too much interference from multiple people above him all with their different opinions, that he wants to feel like he is the number one choice of the club who give him free reign and completely buy into his methods.

I can see how the chavs and the american cowboy go completely against that and how we could fit into it perfectly if Levy promises him such, lets him choose the new dof and has some decent funds for him.

I can definitely see Levy offering all that, whether he is right to and whether he would stick to it is up for debate!

Hope that's right. Can't help but think he'd view us as a stepping stone and a bit beneath him. We dont need that again

And where does he go after us if he walks in with that attitude because such a mentality would result in failure with Spurs on the back of being sacked at Bayern Munich.

It certainly wouldn’t lead to a job that according to you he apparently feels would be worthy of him. So if he takes the Spurs job I would argue he views us quite differently to what you imply. A job where he most likely would feel he needs to do something a bit special and in a league he has always wanted to test himself in.

There’s a quote out there from him where he says something like for his next job he doesn’t want too much interference from multiple people above him all with their different opinions, that he wants to feel like he is the number one choice of the club who give him free reign and completely buy into his methods.

I can see how the chavs and the american cowboy go completely against that and how we could fit into it perfectly if Levy promises him such, lets him choose the new dof and has some decent funds for him.

I can definitely see Levy offering all that, whether he is right to and whether he would stick to it is up for debate!
Add in that levy has wanted him almost as long as he wanted Jose

I think Nagaland is my favoured choice. But my heart is crying for Poch to come home... I'm quite torn.

We are not pursuing Poch by all accounts. He will go to Madrid if the job is available in the summer. If not then he will take the chelsea job if both him and the chavs feel they want each other. Will be very strange for fans of both clubs to see him there especially when everyone knows he loves us and everyone at the chavs absolutely hate us.

For us we will go all out for Nagelsmann and if that doesn’t happen we will be appointing Kompany or Slot.

We are not pursuing Poch by all accounts. He will go to Madrid if the job is available in the summer. If not then he will take the chelsea job if both him and the chavs feel they want each other. Will be very strange for fans of both clubs to see him there especially when everyone knows he loves us and everyone at the chavs absolutely hate us.

For us we will go all out for Nagelsmann and if that doesn’t happen we will be appointing Kompany or Slot.

I think you may be right....I hope you are wrong.

I think that would be as big a sliding doors moment as when we went Francis and Armstrong, and Arsenal went Wenger and Bergkamp

Could be that we're not pursuing him because Levy has not made up his mind on preferred manager yet and knows Poch is (i) available and (ii) likely to say yes?

Even if Poch isn't Levy's number 1 choice, I can't believe he's not in the top 3 or 5 and we know from painful recent experience that getting the number 1 choice is far from easy. In this situation, de Zerbi would be hard to prise away and Nagelsmann might not be interest so if, for example, Poch was Levy's number 3 choice behind those two we might end up there

One can only hope that Poch's loyalty, being that he said he could never manage Barca because he's Espanol, and could never manage Arsenal because he's Tottenham, also includes Chelsea!

Back