• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New England manager = Roy Hodgson

Surely its because you go to a game to offer support.
You come on here to talk about the club and debate issues surrounding the club.

Some people can't tell the difference between the two forums. Some people think this a forum for showing support to the club (as if the players, management or owners were reading or some deluded bs?). Some people think this is a forum for showing how that they're the bestest spurs fan in the world, defending Spurs from all criticism in a Liverpool cultist type of way.

Back to Redknapp. The position of Tottenham Manager doesn't make him a GHod life like figure who shouldn't be criticised. He's just a man doing a job. Hopefully he'll get on with it, and stop being distracted by other others jobs.

=D>=D>

I have to say I'm gutted that I din't get to be in your team, I feel like the fat boy left over when the teams have been picked.
but having said that............

Getting rid of Corluka - why, when have we missed him? Walker has loads of flaws, but at least he can get up and down the pitch more often than a south stand steward.

He's been off form, (along with many of our players) having backup is vital. Who do we have to step in should Walker get injured Mick?

Negative tactics against the top teams - First 2 games aside, ok and possibly liverpool away, he has put out agressive sides, tempered with a commonsense approach to playing top teams - look what happened to Saudi Sportswashing Machine when they tried to be expansive at WHL, with 2 of their best players missing.

Going to Chelsea, who weren't interested in winning the game and were there for the taking, I would have like to have seen us been more ruthless and gone for it. Same thing happened at Eastlands. It took Emirates Marketing Project scoring for us to come out and have a go, we nearly won the game once we did! When we play at WHL, we go for it no matter who the opposition is, i'd like to see us adopt the same strategy in away games, within reason obviously you can't be gung ho in certain away games.

Negative tactics in away games- really? Loook at the stats for possession and territory in our away games. I hate stat attacks but my memory wont support my argument, so look on the BBC website.

Playing 4 3 3 against Sunderland was a bad move. Usually at home, we play 4 4 2 with VDV and Ade up top, why don't we play with the same tactics away?

Saying he wanted Chelsea to win against Barca- Why - in all honesty? What difference does it make what he thought about that game?

Can you ever imagine Fergie saying he hopes Emirates Marketing Project beat Barca? Not a chance. I usually defend Redknapp when the anti Harry people jump on something he's said in the media, but that was indefensible.

Insisting that we "battered" teams like QPR and Everton when we clearly didn't - oh yes we fudging did. errrm, apart from the goals bit. Both of them looked like away teams, on their own grounds. I would have been ashamed to see Spurs surrender control of games in that manner - at WHL.

Maybe on possession, but how many clear cut chances did we create in those defeats?

Not taking responsibility for the team's poor form - What manager have you ever seen - in print or on TV say - "fudge, its all my fault, I've made a real gonads of this haven't I? Why should he be any different? That said, he could have been more conciliatory, and made statements about working on the problems. I am at a disadvantage as I dont see all the press like you do.

No, but he could say something like "we weren't good enough today, the players need to look at themselves" I don't want him to keep saying we were unlucky, he's not King Kenny ffs!

Taking zero responsibilty for the team's shocking output when it comes to set pieces - Would you like him to come on and take them?

No, but admit we aren't good enough at them and at least say we will work on them in training rather than "we have a small team."

I think this is why I didn't get picked, isn't it? No I simply forgot you :)

Last edited:

Some people can't tell the difference between the two forums. Some people think this a forum for showing support to the club (as if the players, management or owners were reading or some deluded bs?). Some people think this is a forum for showing how that they're the bestest spurs fan in the world, defending Spurs from all criticism in a Liverpool cultist type of way.

Back to Redknapp. The position of Tottenham Manager doesn't make him a GHod life like figure who shouldn't be criticised. He's just a man doing a job. Hopefully he'll get on with it, and stop being distracted by other others jobs.

Some people think this is a West Ham forum, based on the horse brick I've been reading recently

Those who want to support our magnificent club, which I might add has been MASSIVELY improved since the arrival of Harry (how is this even debatable?!)......

......can meet me for a free pint at Villa away

Can't wait for the next 'Inter Milan' game

COYS

flimflam
I said he was pants in the game against stoke and Blackburn, the last game because he had no-one to play against and still tooled up

I did not say he was useless and neither did I say Corluka is a better all round player.

Having said that, he's a better defender, but Walkers game isn't based on his superlative defending

If we had kept Corluka he would have not played and probably hardly made the bench. Loaning him out was eminently sensible

Eh? I didn't say you did say those things?

I just pointed out you were slagging him off and then say Corluka wouldn't have offered some competition to keep him on his toes if nothing else?

Right Backs are defenders above all else, somethimg Young Kyle seems to struggle with on occasion.

Corluka is also a better crosser of the ball, which isn't hard!

there is a distinct difference between carping, whining and moaning about everything to do with Tottenham, because they failed to win by a cricket score

and objective debate

some of the brick on here would get you punched in the Bell and Hare

Some people think this is a West Ham forum, based on the horse brick I've been reading recently

Those who want to support our magnificent club, which I might add has been MASSIVELY improved since the arrival of Harry (how is this even debatable?!)......

COYS

Ca I support the club and still think Harry's a cu*t?

COYS

Can I support the club and still think Harry's a cu*t?

COYS

double post

That is why I asked you to put up factual arguments and avoid personal feelings, not just you - but all of the people on your side.

Imagine we are all in the pub. Spurs supporters - one and all, with nothing but Tottenhams success as a focal point.

No angst, no anguish and no bad feeling. Just a straight shoot out of pro and con, factual arguments, without emotion or prejudice.

I'm not trying to score points, and winning this argument (if its at all possible) is meaningless anyway, just a bit of fun between two committed sets of fellow spurs fans, because thats what we are.
Right?

ha - i find the pub to be the most emotionally prejudiced environment to hold a football debate ! id also wager this debate in a pub would be settled a lot quicker by people on your side of the fence saying "i see where you are coming from" a lot quicker than on a message board where everyone has to try and make their opinion be seen as 100% right and never conceding the other side has a point - i totally get why people want Harry to stay, i just don't understand why it's so hard, for those of you that want him to stay, to see where we are coming from.

i agree with your last sentiments - for me this debate is about having my opinion heard rather than trying to win score points or to try and convince anyone that they should agree with me - the reason i get sucked back in is because so many people seem to ignore our opinions and dismiss them - i don't want to convert people to my way of thinking - but when i see posts belittling me (and those that share my views) when all i want is Spurs to push on and improve, well that just winds me up

Eh? I didn't say you did say those things?

I just pointed out you were slagging him off and then say Corluka wouldn't have offered some competition to keep him on his toes if nothing else?

Right Backs are defenders above all else, somethimg Young Kyle seems to struggle with on occasion.

Corluka is also a better crosser of the ball, which isn't hard!

thats where you and I differ
you slag people off

I was discussing, rationally, where I thought Walker had a substandard game

- apart that is, from the rather special goal he scored

Agreed Billy.

I've had plenty of debates in the boozer where you flat out disagree and people just shrug and move on!

thats where you and I differ
you slag people off

I was discussing, rationally, where I thought Walker had a substandard game

- apart that is, from the rather special goal he scored

No....I slag HARRY off!

I offer objective analysis of the other facets of THFC

1. Corluka is fudging dogbrick mate; getting rid made us STRONGER Still a better defender than Walker. Having him around must still surely benefit Walker in training. What if Walker gets injured?

2 & 3: And yet our possession stats suggest we control games? Hmmmmm! How about looking at chances we created rather than possession? We didn't create hardly anything at Sunderland or QPR, or Everton

4. So what - he can say what he likes; hardly gonna make a difference is it?

5. We did, as Mick says - we just didn't score. brick happens. I don't want him to be like Kenny Dalglish. Sometimes, just admit the the team weren't good enough. It's a results business.

6. Well no-one gave him any credit for the teams good form either, so I don't blame him. It's a collective effort. I'd like to hear him say the players need to look at themselves and haven't been good enough recently. Ok i take your point, most managers don't take responsibilty following a defeat.

5. For fudge sake, how's that HIS responsibility? It's the fudging players who take the set-pieces. Jesus christ ](*,) Well coaching must play some part surely

ha - i find the pub to be the most emotionally prejudiced environment to hold a football debate ! id also wager this debate in a pub would be settled a lot quicker by people on your side of the fence saying "i see where you are coming from" a lot quicker than on a message board where everyone has to try and make their opinion be seen as 100% right and never conceding the other side has a point - i totally get why people want Harry to stay, i just don't understand why it's so hard, for those of you that want him to stay, to see where we are coming from.

i agree with your last sentiments - for me this debate is about having my opinion heard rather than trying to win score points or to try and convince anyone that they should agree with me - the reason i get sucked back in is because so many people seem to ignore our opinions and dismiss them - i don't want to convert people to my way of thinking - but when i see posts belittling me (and those that share my views) when all i want is Spurs to push on and improve, well that just winds me up

but I want to argue with you, belittle you and prove that I am a better supporter - and I have a bigger dingdong than you................

Back