• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

He did get an assist. Great pass, with the correct type of bounce. Did he mean it? did he control it? Will he be able to replicate it? 5 minutes later, trying to play a through ball, he over-hit it out of play.

His game against Burnley was his best match for Tottenham. He managed to play a through ball to Kane.

He did get an assist. Great pass, with the correct type of bounce. Did he mean it? did he control it? Will he be able to replicate it? 5 minutes later, trying to play a through ball, he over-hit it out of play.

His game against Burnley was his best match for Tottenham. He managed to play a through ball to Kane.
Compared to last season, everything we get from Sissy is gravy as far I'm concerned.

‘‘Tis the season of goodwill to all men. Except Sissoko. Even when he does something good.

I remarked to my son that it was a great through pass to Harry K... he laughed and said that it was simply Sissoko's first touch as he tried to control the ball!

I remarked to my son that it was a great through pass to Harry K... he laughed and said that it was simply Sissoko's first touch as he tried to control the ball!
Well, it was his second touch...

Did look a bit like he played that pass more towards Kane and he looked to make a run up to support him, then stopped when he saw that it ended up as a through ball. But it was a nice pass either way and he had one of his better games for us despite the miss. I hadn't changed my opinion on him, but I'll take useful from him until we can find better.

One of his first games where he's had that box to box role in what looked quite clearly a 4231 from us, good to see him handle that role.

No idea how old your son is but it seems he has quickly picked up on the old Spurs fan tradition of writing off a particular unflashy signing from the start and continue to demonise him, irrespective of the good things he does. Chris Armstrong stands out but there were so many before him and even more after.

Sissoko's miss at Burnley was frustrating - no doubt - but no-one mentions the lung sapping run that got him there - something none of our central midfielders can dream of replicating. Also, how many goals did the other Moussa score this year? Both are hopeless as goal scorers but one gets it glossed over and the other is made out as the pantomime villain.

For all his deficits, I am nowadays much more comfortable seeing Sissoko in the middle of midfield than his namesake.

No idea how old your son is but it seems he has quickly picked up on the old Spurs fan tradition of writing off a particular unflashy signing from the start and continue to demonise him, irrespective of the good things he does. Chris Armstrong stands out but there were so many before him and even more after.

Sissoko's miss at Burnley was frustrating - no doubt - but no-one mentions the lung sapping run that got him there - something none of our central midfielders can dream of replicating. Also, how many goals did the other Moussa score this year? Both are hopeless as goal scorers but one gets it glossed over and the other is made out as the pantomime villain.

For all his deficits, I am nowadays much more comfortable seeing Sissoko in the middle of midfield than his namesake.
The other Moussa can control a football.

Didn't see the full game today but thought he actually did ok against Burnley. I still think he's an awful footballer with terrible touch, control and finishing ability. As someone pointed out in the Burnley OMT, he needs a deflection or a miscontrolled lucky bounce/ricochet to score.

Lovely stuff, and completely agree with your first paragraph. He ain’t flashy and people are blind to his strengths.

Just a shame we as fans have to make one of our own players into a joke figure. He’s hard working, the rest of the squad and management like him, plenty of our best performances of the season have come with him playing significant minutes, and yet we do this weird form of Spurs fan bullying where we have to single him outa and where he isn’t allowed to make the same mistakes as any other player because he will get criticised to the hilt.

The other Moussa can control a football.

... indeed he can; just like he can run into blind corners in our own half - time and time again - and gift possession to the opponents - as he did at least twice today. Sissoko covered more ground than Dembele, was constantly closing the spaces as well as Dembele and made some excellent passes, despite his supposed weakness with a ball at his feet. He also made at least two fantastic runs on the counter which Dembele would not even dream of.

Sissoko knows his limitations but, now that he has improved his confidence, is becoming as effective as most of the other central midfielders.

Shades of Scott Parker, eh???

... indeed he can; just like he can run into blind corners in our own half - time and time again - and gift possession to the opponents - as he did at least twice today. Sissoko covered more ground than Dembele, was constantly closing the spaces as well as Dembele and made some excellent passes, despite his supposed weakness with a ball at his feet. He also made at least two fantastic runs on the counter which Dembele would not even dream of.

Sissoko knows his limitations but, now that he has improved his confidence, is becoming as effective as most of the other central midfielders.

Shades of Scott Parker, eh???
Wanyama would be a better comparison to Parker - a pointless position in the modern game.

Sissoko can only dream of being as talented as Parker. How many pirouettes do you think Sissoko could do before he loses the ball?

Wanyama would be a better comparison to Parker - a pointless position in the modern game.

Missed our old discussions ;)

"Pointless position"? Indeed!! Thank goodness the two managers who have gotten us to the Champions League do not agree with you and swear by having such a player in their teams; you can bet Poch will have Wanyama on his teamsheet as soon as he is fully fit!!

Actually should have had another assist today ... but lets not get in the way of the narrative.

Which moment was this? Genuinely interested. If it was the one where he broke quickly from inside our half and fed it to Kane, for Kane to lose it, I did think to myself at the time ‘someone on GG is going to blame that on the weight of Sissoko’s pass’

Difficult to know how to respond to this. My lad (16) sees Spurs live far more frequently than I do. I think there is a good player hiding in Sissoko, and I can appreciate he does bring value to the team. I see the good in him more, whereas my lad just gets frustrated with him, my good pass is his poor ricochet! We all have the same evidence to watch, and that’s what’s good about a board like this as we all see the game differently. My comment more was that for the first time in our time supporting Spurs together as father and son we disagree completely over the merits of a player. To compare Sissoko to Spliffy is too far though... Armstrong knew where the net was and would put away his one on ones against the keeper, something at the moment that Sissoko struggles with, but he works bloody hard for the team so I’m cool with him.

Back