• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

Capoue can be a great player when played regulary and to his strenghts, we've also seen that at Spurs occasionally.
Was a giant in the french league when we signed him, monster size and with great passing range.
We turn these players into jokes - Capoue, Paulinho, Dembele, Soldado, Adebayor.
But there's a lot of talent there, and they could be regulars at better teams than us in other top leagues.

Ryan Mason on the other hand could'nt get game time at Lorient. It's also about fitting in, being comfortable and having the faith of the man picking the team

Capoue can be a great player when played regulary and to his strenghts, we've also seen that at Spurs occasionally.
Was a giant in the french league when we signed him, monster size and with great passing range.
We turn these players into jokes - Capoue, Paulinho, Dembele, Soldado, Adebayor.
But there's a lot of talent there, and they could be regulars at better teams than us in other top leagues.

Ryan Mason on the other hand could'nt get game time at Lorient. It's also about fitting in, being comfortable and having the faith of the man picking the team

It is funny how we have the uncanny knack of turning good players into kack. :(

I don't think it's an uncanny knack of ours, happens with most teams I can think of. And the teams people point to as exceptions (Dortmund, Saudi Sportswashing Machine) seem to "run out of luck" after a couple of years and get their fair share of unsuccessful signings.

Definitely possible to do better than we have in the last handful of years though. It's about doing a better job with scouting and identifying players, and establishing a somewhat settled style of play allowing recruitment into that system for the medium-long term. Hopefully we'll get better at it now.

I don't think it's an uncanny knack of ours, happens with most teams I can think of. And the teams people point to as exceptions (Dortmund, Saudi Sportswashing Machine) seem to "run out of luck" after a couple of years and get their fair share of unsuccessful signings.

Definitely possible to do better than we have in the last handful of years though. It's about doing a better job with scouting and identifying players, and establishing a somewhat settled style of play allowing recruitment into that system for the medium-long term. Hopefully we'll get better at it now.

Unless you're an avid follower of a team, most of these tend to go unnoticed.

Capoue- I called it after watching him against l'arse at the effeminates in his first season that he was too slow and positionally poor for the system we wanted to play. That was bad scouting rather than us turning him to crud.
Paulinho- this guy is technically very competent, his problem appears to be that he is not mentally suited to the PL. Again not sure that can be laid at our door.
Ade- is just ade can't lay that at the club's door.
Dembele is in most match day squads and plays well for us - hardly turned into a joke.
Soldado, he's the only one where I can't help wondering if somehow his first season where he was completely isolated up front affected his confidence such that he has never recovered. He perhaps is one where the club must take some of the blame. I was also disappointed that the Sigurdsson we saw at Swansea was not the same one as at Spurs. Not sure why he didn't work out.

Capoue- I called it after watching him against l'arse at the effeminates in his first season that he was too slow and positionally poor for the system we wanted to play. That was bad scouting rather than us turning him to crud.

In only the third game of the season and you had already judged him?

I don't think that is the issue; it's more a case that we fire managers so quickly... Capoue and Paulinho were bought for the AVB system - which was diametrically opposite to Poch's. I thought Capoue was brilliant in August 2013 before he got that long term injury; Paulinho also clicked well initially and his game against Stoke was outstanding with all the flicks and tricks in the book combined with intelligent breaks from midfield - that is, until that thug Adam took him out! That is when he started to pull out of challenges...

I also think we are far from alone... Chelscum turned two of the greatest ever strikers in Shevchencko and Torres into crud; the great Alex Ferguson did the same with the majestic Veron and remember a certain Morientes anyone???

Lallana ....20 mill flop
Lovren.....20 mill flop
Shaw.......32 mill flop

Schneiderlin.....25 mill ????

I'm not on the MS band wagon and I think you highlight a point that maybe the team were better than the individuals.

possibly, but also not many people appreciate the pressure a massive price tag brings. I think very few players live up to such overrated values at their new clubs.

Get him instead

CABAYE KEEN ON PARDEW REUNION
Paris St-Germainmidfielder Yohann Cabaye says he would be open to working with Alan Pardewagain at Crystal Palace.
The pair worked together at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and Cabaye told French media: “It went very well with Pardew (last time). If I have to make that decision, it will be a pleasure to see my old coach. I enjoy it with him and he does a great job.
“I am in a situation today where I am not getting the game time that I was hoping. The important thing is that I will think carefully and make the best decision. We will see how it evolves in the coming weeks.”

If we can't sign Schneiderlin is there a similar type of player out there who is getable for us? We desperately need experience with some leadership qualities and these type of players seem very short on the ground to me. I remember Ledley saying how much he learnt from Naybet and thats exactly what Bentaleb needs along with our other young midfield prospects.

Start tapping him up Nacer. Nianggolan is the type of addition I could get excited about. He's not going to increase in value, but we need that level of experience in our team.

Is this the " nacer would like to play with XI"

I'd like to play with Natalie Imbruglia, but Nacer me old boy, it ain't that simples

Back