• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mikey Moore

I don't think he is quite ready yet. He has quick feet, but still a lot to learn.

If we can get Donley, Lankshear and a few more out on loan next season, see what he can do in the academy team with some early round cup games.

See how he goes, could look for a loan in January or the following season.

I don't think he is quite ready yet. He has quick feet, but still a lot to learn.

If we can get Donley, Lankshear and a few more out on loan next season, see what he can do in the academy team with some early round cup games.

Would he have to be with us the whole season to be club trained?

Europa league should give him some minutes.

I think we can loan him out for a couple of seasons and still get him club trained.

He could be with us 18, 19 and 20 and still have a year spare. But it is something to consider

I think we can loan him out for a couple of seasons and still get him club trained.

He could be with us 18, 19 and 20 and still have a year spare. But it is something to consider

I know you can list him on the b list like arsenal did with saliba for prem rules. Not sure about uefas.

Anyway it's ange's headache to deal with. Nice one to have though.

He's still a child.
The 'club trained' thing is explained here

He's still a child.
The 'club trained' thing is explained here

Yes he's a child but has to be with us for 3 years between the age of 15 and 21 to be classed as club trained.

Saliba was listed on arsenals b list while loaned away to get hg status (even though he was in france). Not sure if it worked for uefas rules. We tried the same with sarr but as he was not here before brexit he wasn't classed as hg or club trained.

Just watched the highlights of the Spain vs England U 17 and he scored a cracker. He`s had a really good tournament. Really hope he makes the first team in the next couple of years. From what I`ve seen of our youngsters this season we have some really promising players. It seems our policy of snapping up good youngsters is paying off. Will be interesting to see how Bergvall does next season. And in 2025 we have got Luka Vuskovic joining from Hadjuk Split. It will be interesting to see how he gets on, but he has already played for their first team a few times

Been on a somewhat different path so far. "Too good" for the u18s, but not played much at all for the u21s then training with the first team even getting some squad appearances and even minutes for the first team.

In some ways being "held back", kept with the u18s, in some ways accelerated skipping the u21 step before being involved with the first team.

From the outside it's impossible to know what will happen next and what will be the best for his development. Several different ways of going about it could work. I'm guessing he will probably still be here for the first half of the season, play u21 regularly and get some involvements here and there in the EL. May need a loan at some point, but he's young enough where there's still a lot of room for him to grow while still here.

But at the same time a loan where he plays regularly could obviously be really good.

He looks an outstanding talent and the club must create and agree a clear career path for him otherwise we could lose him to a European team who offer him first team football.

He looks an outstanding talent and the club must create and agree a clear career path for him otherwise we could lose him to a European team who offer him first team football.

Hopefully I haven't misunderstood what you mean and oversimplified what you've said, if I have theh apologies in advance!

It's always good to have a plan for a young player's development but isn't the pathway always the same for all professional footballers at top level clubs?

First step - Be good enough to get in to the 1st team on merit.

Second step - Rinse and repeat.

I don't see a manager including a former wonderkid in the lineup because of a career plan forged however many years ago by the development team at the time, they have their own mandate to improve the team and get results in the then and now of that point in time. I feel like any working plan with potential gems in the academy will change depending on the situation of course, whether it's loans or integration in to the 1st team the end goal is the same so I'm not sure what a career plan would entail outside of what is already in place.

Whilst I love seeing youth come through I don't think Ange is the type to play youngsters for the sake of it (or because he has been told to), much like our previous managers of late. The academy no doubt will do everything in their power to get the best out of what looks like a talented bunch of players, but if they aren't better than what we have in the 1st team they won't get in to the team long term.

Hopefully I haven't misunderstood what you mean and oversimplified what you've said, if I have theh apologies in advance!

It's always good to have a plan for a young player's development but isn't the pathway always the same for all professional footballers at top level clubs?

I don't see a manager including a former wonderkid in the lineup because of a career plan forged however many years ago by the development team at the time, they have their own mandate to improve the team and get results in the then and now of that point in time. I feel like any working plan with potential gems in the academy will change depending on the situation of course, whether it's loans or integration in to the 1st team the end goal is the same so I'm not sure what a career plan would entail outside of what is already in place.

Whilst I love seeing youth come through I don't think Ange is the type to play youngsters for the sake of it (or because he has been told to), much like our previous managers of late. The academy no doubt will do everything in their power to get the best out of what looks like a talented bunch of players, but if they aren't better than what we have in the 1st team they won't get in to the team long term.
I don't think there's much disagreement.

I think with special talents coming through the club/manager should make sure their path isn't blocked unnecessarily. Don't buy two class players for that role. We're not exactly overstocked on quality left wingers, wouldn't be against signing one. But don't spend a lot of money and buy two. Don't do the Chelsea thing.

If the player is special enough and deemed likely to be ready give them a squad role even if you could buy or keep a player you would be more confident about making an impact short term.

I also think if there's a special talent coming through give them more opportunities and earlier. If it's in doubt if they've earned a place on merit, give them the benefit of the doubt. If they're not able to take that chance give them another one and another one. Imo that is based on merit, if performances in training, academy football loans etc warrants seeing them as a special talent though.

As with all players care should be put into potential loan deals, but perhaps special care should be put into loan deals for players with special potential.

I don't think Ange included Moore in match day squads and gave him minutes for the sake of it or because he was told to.

No need for apology, I agree with your view. I think in the past we may not have been able to convince players or their representatives they have a future with us. It hard as you can't really promise them a first team place which many teams can and often money could be important to families.

Hopefully his inclusion in the first team squad recently has demonstrated he is highly regarded.

But don't spend a lot of money and buy two. Don't do the Chelsea thing.
5 minutes later we get Werner on loan, shutting down a huge avenue for Moore; because there's no way Ange thinks Werner is good enough to be the only left winger, the guy can't hit a barn door with a cow's arse

5 minutes later we get Werner on loan, shutting down a huge avenue for Moore; because there's no way Ange thinks Werner is good enough to be the only left winger, the guy can't hit a barn door with a cow's arse
Diagree on this one.

Let's see what other businesses we do then consider what that means.

Assuming Son stays to primarily be a left winger we have Son and Werner. Let's see what happens with Solomon. If he stays too or we sign another left winger probably there won't be much room for Moore. Which would be fine, he's 16, not been out on loan yet.

For me Werner gives us short term options/solutions, but he's also a player we can easily get rid off if Moore steps up in the next year or looks likely to do so a year from now. Gives us a lot if flexibility.

But, depends on what other businesses we do. If we now go ahead and also buy another starting quality left winger or a very talented younger left winger that's ahead of Moore I would start agreeing with you.

To me, so far, this smells of actually trying to keep a path open for Moore.

Back