• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mikey Moore

The one thing missing from his game last night that Ange will probably be looking for from him as a winger is putting in good crosses.
I think he attempted one all game. He's normally played on the left wing but I wonder will Ange look to use him on the right mostly to avoid him coming inside like Son on the left.

Anyway, if he continues to progress like he has been we have a superstar on our hands.
Like someone said looked very Jack Grealish, a wideman looking to play it short rather than into the box, but again it could have just been his instructions

Like someone said looked very Jack Grealish, a wideman looking to play it short rather than into the box, but again it could have just been his instructions
That's not really the type of winger that Ange likes though. It's normally someone that stays wide and crosses, but then again he uses Son so...

No doubt he has magic in his right. But if he has magic in both he'd be even better. Best practiced with his left so much he was better with his left. Charlton used to wear a plimsoll on his right (in training) to stop himself kicking with it.

It's not a criticism. Just an area i think he can improve.
His brother wore hobnail boots.

Not a pop at moore but I think in todays day and age Every football player playing professionally should have the ability to play with both feet.
Not necessarily imo. If it's a choice between working more on and improving your best qualities to the very highest level or working on your weaknesses to minimise those it's imo not an obvious answer.

Of course do a bit of both, and being good with both feet is certainly a real advantage. But pushing for exceptional quality where that is possible also brings real benefits.

I also think there's a difference between players that's well ingrained by 17 on how much improvement they can get with their weaker foot. No doubt they all can improve at that at that age, but how much I think varies quite a bit. I think that too goes into considerations about what should be given more focus.

Agree. I know a lot of our fans are bipolar on players. They are either world class or brick. But werner is neither. He is a good player. Hopefully moore will be world class and will get plenty of minutes and opportunities. But werner is ahead of him now. By the end of the season or next it might change. But not yet i don't think.
I'm not even sure Werner is ahead of him. I think it depends on the circumstances. For a PL start against a good+ team, I think Werner is ahead of him. If both are on the bench and we need a goal with 15 minutes to go I'm not sure.

The one thing missing from his game last night that Ange will probably be looking for from him as a winger is putting in good crosses.
I think he attempted one all game. He's normally played on the left wing but I wonder will Ange look to use him on the right mostly to avoid him coming inside like Son on the left.

Anyway, if he continues to progress like he has been we have a superstar on our hands.
I think he's being played on the right mostly because of where others are better. Werner for example is clearly better on the left.

Agreed on crosses. He drifted in quite a bit yesterday and that seems an important part of his game. But with his skill level he should be able to beat his man to get space to get crosses in on either side given a bit of time.

Perhaps, but also without either knowing Ange wants some variation in play rather than rigidity
I agree. I think the stereotypical Ange winger gets overstated.

Moore seems than a more than good enough fit for those wide roles. Dribbling, ball retention, combination play, work rate all there. Usually received the ball wide and then did useful things with it.

That for me is more the typical Ange winger than a "stay wide, get around the outside" player.

Problem would for me be with players that can't go outside at all, or players that aren't able to do useful stuff on the ball on their own when receiving it wide.

I agree. I think the stereotypical Ange winger gets overstated.

Moore seems than a more than good enough fit for those wide roles. Dribbling, ball retention, combination play, work rate all there. Usually received the ball wide and then did useful things with it.

That for me is more the typical Ange winger than a "stay wide, get around the outside" player.

Problem would for me be with players that can't go outside at all, or players that aren't able to do useful stuff on the ball on their own when receiving it wide.

100% I don’t shy away from being critical of Ange in certain aspects of his system of play at times and I still sit on the fence. But Moore did whip in a lovely ball to Timo. Like I think perhaps Ange has seen some quality in Mikey to be able to hang out wide and then bring others into play by playing it short and if needed to play it direct. Either way it’s going to help

I think he's being played on the right mostly because of where others are better. Werner for example is clearly better on the left.

Agreed on crosses. He drifted in quite a bit yesterday and that seems an important part of his game. But with his skill level he should be able to beat his man to get space to get crosses in on either side given a bit of time.

Think it's a combination of things

- Ange clearly sees Moore as a player to be protected and developed
- Yes, Timo (within his limitations) works on the left, right he tends to be really poor
- Ange did the same thing with Johnson, made him play left & right (is it a circumstance thing or part of development?)

Timo will probably give you a more consistent 90 minutes right now, Moore obviously has potential, I expect more cup games and more minutes on back end of PL games for a while to come. And people need to be prepared that once full team (Richi) is fit, he'll probably get even less for now.

Think it's a combination of things

- Ange clearly sees Moore as a player to be protected and developed
- Yes, Timo (within his limitations) works on the left, right he tends to be really poor
- Ange did the same thing with Johnson, made him play left & right (is it a circumstance thing or part of development?)

Timo will probably give you a more consistent 90 minutes right now, Moore obviously has potential, I expect more cup games and more minutes on back end of PL games for a while to come. And people need to be prepared that once full team (Richi) is fit, he'll probably get even less for now.

Most forwards these day can play the front 3 behind the striker. Not sure it's making them do it. Just using them as needed.

He is missing chances because others have created them
You do get that, right?
Someone passes the ball to him to score an he misses… he isn’t creating the chance. He is the guy missing the chance

Ridiculous - you are telling me he is being spoonfed chances like we are some sort of prime Brazil team?

I tell you what I get, that many want some magical animal named Mikey Moore to come in and sprinkle his unicorn dust all over the pitch.

But in doing so they excuse his defects whilst amplifying those of others. I tell you what will happen if we are not careful. Moore will run into brick defensive walls for a few weeks before he gets badly injured and falls off the radar.

Last edited:
Ridiculous - you are telling me he is being spoonfed chances like we are some sort of prime Brazil team?

I tell you what I get, that many want some magical animal named Mikey Moore to come in and sprinkle his unicorn dust all over the pitch.

But in doing so they excuse his defects whilst amplifying those of others. I tell you what will happen if we are not careful. Moore will run into brick defensive walls for a few weeks before he gets badly injured and falls off the radar.
Moore isn’t the immediate answer, he is another option
I full expect Timo to start on Sunday
But you don’t seem to count the one on ones he is missing as chances. That I don’t get

Back