• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mikey Moore

I am now satisfied that Moore can start ahead of Werner
The question of if Moore is ready for first team football has now been clearly answered.

Against what level of opposition perhaps remains to be seen. Consistency over time definitely remains to be seen.

For me horses for courses, depending on game state and opposition. And perhaps more importantly depending on what's seen as good for Moore's development I think we can see a mix of both getting game time in various circumstances. As is essentially what we've already seen.

Moore surely isn't the most difficult player to develop and integrate, but Ange seems to be doing a fine job with it nonetheless.

If Son is out for the Brighton game I think it's rather likely that Werner starts. Moore just played his first 90 minutes, let Werner do the hard yards. But it's now looking more likely that Moore gets half and hour rather than 5 minutes if he's the one on the bench. And if Son is starting, but subbed I think Moore has definitely put himself forward as perhaps the best option from the bench.

Those are huge strides in a short amount of time.

If Son is out for the Brighton game I think it's rather likely that Werner starts. Moore just played his first 90 minutes, let Werner do the hard yards. But it's now looking more likely that Moore gets half and hour rather than 5 minutes if he's the one on the bench. And if Son is starting, but subbed I think Moore has definitely put himself forward as perhaps the best option from the bench.

Agree. I know a lot of our fans are bipolar on players. They are either world class or brick. But werner is neither. He is a good player. Hopefully moore will be world class and will get plenty of minutes and opportunities. But werner is ahead of him now. By the end of the season or next it might change. But not yet i don't think.

Brighton got tore apart playing high up by Chelsea playing simple through balls, It will almost certainly be Werner and Johnson, Unless Son is back

No doubt he has magic in his right. But if he has magic in both he'd be even better. Best practiced with his left so much he was better with his left. Charlton used to wear a plimsoll on his right (in training) to stop himself kicking with it.

It's not a criticism. Just an area i think he can improve.

Not a pop at moore but I think in todays day and age Every football player playing professionally should have the ability to play with both feet.

Good performance yesterday. I can understand the calls to start ahead of Werner but I am happy with his playing time being managed. I do not want us to damage his physical self with too much game time.
At his age he could probably play every day but I get your point

Not a pop at moore but I think in todays day and age Every football player playing professionally should have the ability to play with both feet.

He's ok with his left and I'm sure we'll see him use it more, could be just one of the things he's working on. In youth football he's had more time and teams aren't as well organised, he'll adapt.

Brighton got tore apart playing high up by Chelsea playing simple through balls, It will almost certainly be Werner and Johnson, Unless Son is back
Since I watched the highlights of Chelsea and Brighton I’ve actually been looking forward to Werner and Johnson playing Brighton with Webster and Dunk standing on the halfway line 😂 Just hope Werner squares it to Solanke or Johnson!

He's ok with his left and I'm sure we'll see him use it more, could be just one of the things he's working on. In youth football he's had more time and teams aren't as well organised, he'll adapt.

I've seen him play passes on the outside of his right foot that are amazing, most footballers couldn't do (at least regularly). Just think if if he was as confident with his left it might open more options and he could be even better.

Again not a crticism. Just want him to be the best he can be.

How many chances did Moore have and convert?

He has had a couple of chances over the last couple of games, just nothing as clear as Werner has had.

Werner is ok at getting down the line and his pace to get in behind the defence, but I have no confidence in him ever finishing a chance.

He has had a couple of chances over the last couple of games, just nothing as clear as Werner has had.

Werner is ok at getting down the line and his pace to get in behind the defence, but I have no confidence in him ever finishing a chance.

When MM is also creating clear chances for himself and then converting them, that will be when he supersedes Werner, and not before.

Let’s just hope if we create any clear cut chances then none of them fall to Werner because eventually his misses are going to cost us.

Agree. I know a lot of our fans are bipolar on players. They are either world class or brick. But werner is neither. He is a good player. Hopefully moore will be world class and will get plenty of minutes and opportunities. But werner is ahead of him now. By the end of the season or next it might change. But not yet i don't think.

Yeh Werner is nowhere near as bad as made out, yes we need better but his pace is still a threat and he lays on chances and space for others. The LW slot will be shared, much to peoples uproar moving forward

When MM is also creating clear chances for himself and then converting them, that will be when he supersedes Werner, and not before.
I’m sorry, and I’ve been a supporter of Werner, but you can’t talk about one player creating and converting to judge another who isn’t doing either

Werner is out third choice left winger and on loan. If he could do what people want he wouldn’t be here on loan.

Moore is a kid who is developing and every minute he gets is valuable for him

Ange is managing it all really well so far so we should let him carry on with that

I’m sorry, and I’ve been a supporter of Werner, but you can’t talk about one player creating and converting to judge another who isn’t doing either

Werner is out third choice left winger and on loan. If he could do what people want he wouldn’t be here on loan.

Moore is a kid who is developing and every minute he gets is valuable for him

Ange is managing it all really well so far so we should let him carry on with that

How is Werner missing clear cut chances if he is not creating them ffs.

The one thing missing from his game last night that Ange will probably be looking for from him as a winger is putting in good crosses.
I think he attempted one all game. He's normally played on the left wing but I wonder will Ange look to use him on the right mostly to avoid him coming inside like Son on the left.

Anyway, if he continues to progress like he has been we have a superstar on our hands.

Back