• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mikey Moore

I think it's still a bit too early for that. Though if Ange did I would definitely support the decision.

Ange seems to gradually give him more game time (not in a linear way game by game of course). Seems like a good approach.

I also think Ange has spoken in the past about preferring to bring in young players into a team that's working reasonably well. Give them the best chance to succeed, not throwing them in because of a crisis into something not already working.

Most of the time now we are playing rather well. But I think that may have been part of the reason why Moore only got a handful of minutes and that Gray and Bergvall were left on the bench against Brighton.

The most important thing for me is how good he is rather than his age.

The most important thing for me with him is his development, not what he can do in the next game. He looks an absolute gem of a talent, his development should be a key priority.
I agree, but I wouldn't oppose to him being in the starting line up until other players return from injury. Nothing wrong to give him some game time in the Prem to keep him hungry and focus on development to earn that permanent spot on the starting line up.

The most important thing for me with him is his development, not what he can do in the next game. He looks an absolute gem of a talent, his development should be a key priority.

My thoughts as well, I have spent a lot of time working with young kids at the top level and the one thing that we have to be careful with is pushing them to hard and too early. I wish i has a pound for every young player who has failed to live up to expectatons and faded from the early promise.

Now i am not saying this will happen to Mickey [ hopefully not] but we have to let him grow into the top player he may/will become.

My thoughts as well, I have spent a lot of time working with young kids at the top level and the one thing that we have to be careful with is pushing them to hard and too early. I wish i has a pound for every young player who has failed to live up to expectatons and faded from the early promise.

Now i am not saying this will happen to Mickey [ hopefully not] but we have to let him grow into the top player he may/will become.
Exactly.

Not at all saying that starting a PL game would set him back, but Ange has from what I've heard a good track record of developing younger players. Let him do his thing along with the coaches to try to help Moore develop as well as they can help him.

Already he's gone from zero game time in men's competitive football and very limited game time even at U21 level to starting an EL game and getting minutes in the PL. Over a fairly short period of time (and even smaller number of available games) since the tail end of last season.

He seems to be developing well, keep that up and things will probably go well for him.

Exactly.

Not at all saying that starting a PL game would set him back, but Ange has from what I've heard a good track record of developing younger players. Let him do his thing along with the coaches to try to help Moore develop as well as they can help him.

Already he's gone from zero game time in men's competitive football and very limited game time even at U21 level to starting an EL game and getting minutes in the PL. Over a fairly short period of time (and even smaller number of available games) since the tail end of last season.

He seems to be developing well, keep that up and things will probably go well for him.
Played in 5 games for far this season
That is not a small amount for a player of his age

Back