• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mikey Moore

And yes I know a forward can also be a striker.

Wide forward, his goal and assist contributions are ridiculous, earlier in year had something like 17 goals and 11 assists in 14 games for Academy and England youth, on pre-season, 5 G+A in 5 games.

We really need to give this kid some time in senior team, he might just be one of those super early bloomers

Wide forward, his goal and assist contributions are ridiculous, earlier in year had something like 17 goals and 11 assists in 14 games for Academy and England youth, on pre-season, 5 G+A in 5 games.

We really need to give this kid some time in senior team, he might just be one of those super early bloomers
I feel on the fence about this:

on one hand him being around the squad - our tactics and getting chances in cup games mins etc could be the best thing.

on the other im thinking a loan out to get more mins against men would be good.

Im trying not to get over board though. he looks good.

I feel on the fence about this:

on one hand him being around the squad - our tactics and getting chances in cup games mins etc could be the best thing.

on the other im thinking a loan out to get more mins against men would be good.

Im trying not to get over board though. he looks good.

I have seen a few people mention he might be too young to go out on loan.

So bouncing between the academy and the first team would still be a huge step up in his development as he played with the u18's for most of last season

I have seen a few people mention he might be too young to go out on loan.

So bouncing between the academy and the first team would still be a huge step up in his development as he played with the u18's for most of last season

Think ally gold mentioned it aswell. Have to be over 18 (in the uk).

This overall sentiment towards Moore is almost like the opposite of the anticipation we had for Kane, who to my recollection was more of a "ok, let's see what he can do." Obviously, the answer was "a lot." Of course, Kane was older when he tried to break into the first team, and already had a few loans under his belt.
With Mikey, it seems hype has been brewing up over the past year and a half in this forum, especially to those of you following the academy closely.

Ultimately, we all want to be cautious with our optimism so I'm trying to determine whether I really need to temper it or just let the floodgates open and expect him to be a key player for us in 2-3 years. In truth, the safest thing is to just see how he continues to develop but with the caveat that he should be getting senior game time. We should be destroying our Europa League group, so I do expect him to play a decent amount of minutes for these cup matches. Ideally, he will be the one destroying teams along with some of our other youngsters.

This overall sentiment towards Moore is almost like the opposite of the anticipation we had for Kane, who to my recollection was more of a "ok, let's see what he can do." Obviously, the answer was "a lot." Of course, Kane was older when he tried to break into the first team, and already had a few loans under his belt.
With Mikey, it seems hype has been brewing up over the past year and a half in this forum, especially to those of you following the academy closely.

Ultimately, we all want to be cautious with our optimism so I'm trying to determine whether I really need to temper it or just let the floodgates open and expect him to be a key player for us in 2-3 years. In truth, the safest thing is to just see how he continues to develop but with the caveat that he should be getting senior game time. We should be destroying our Europa League group, so I do expect him to play a decent amount of minutes for these cup matches. Ideally, he will be the one destroying teams along with some of our other youngsters.
At youth level you can only look at how they compare in their age groups
With Mikey he has always been head and shoulders above his age so it’s natural to get hyped
The fact the club seemed to want to keep him in the first team last year in the second half of the season says how much the club think of him
That’s a measure worth gettin* behind

At youth level you can only look at how they compare in their age groups
With Mikey he has always been head and shoulders above his age so it’s natural to get hyped
The fact the club seemed to want to keep him in the first team last year in the second half of the season says how much the club think of him
That’s a measure worth gettin* behind
Very valid regarding how youth players should be rated.
Anyway, I will say that he obviously needs to keep working hard, but I'm not worried about LW or maybe even AM? I mean, in reality he will be drifting throughout the entirety of the final third, whether crossing or making late runs to take a shot.
With the way he's playing now, it almost feels like he should be at least coming on as a sub for our first matches. I think teams fear us early in the season because we are so attacking, and the mentality is generally to play defensively. If Mikey does end up getting any minutes early on this season, that will leave the senior players and the coaching staff (mostly just Ange) a lot to think about. Yeah, I'm excited if you can't tell... trying not to be be temperamental though.

I will say one more thing though: I personally won't really compare him to Kane. Of course they're slightly different positions, but creative players can also offer more personality just by their nature. I just want to see what he can do and so far, I'm perfectly happy benching senior players so this kid can play if there's even a hint that the senior player isn't playing the way Ange wants them to.

Very valid regarding how youth players should be rated.
Anyway, I will say that he obviously needs to keep working hard, but I'm not worried about LW or maybe even AM? I mean, in reality he will be drifting throughout the entirety of the final third, whether crossing or making late runs to take a shot.
With the way he's playing now, it almost feels like he should be at least coming on as a sub for our first matches. I think teams fear us early in the season because we are so attacking, and the mentality is generally to play defensively. If Mikey does end up getting any minutes early on this season, that will leave the senior players and the coaching staff (mostly just Ange) a lot to think about. Yeah, I'm excited if you can't tell... trying not to be be temperamental though.

I will say one more thing though: I personally won't really compare him to Kane. Of course they're slightly different positions, but creative players can also offer more personality just by their nature. I just want to see what he can do and so far, I'm perfectly happy benching senior players so this kid can play if there's even a hint that the senior player isn't playing the way Ange wants them to.
A lot depends on what’s between his ears
Kanes biggest strength is he knew he had to work, work and work
He changed his game, his physique his tactical side (that’s a guess)
Everything he has done is on him and his work to get there
From what little I know of Mikey he has a mature head and sensible support behind him which can only help
The rest will be on him

Back