• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Some of the criticism in the last couple of weeks has been interesting and a lot of conclusions seem to have been drawn (dare I say from the 'Waaah waah waaaaah' phalanx - I've coined the phrase...)

Perhaps, just perhaps - this is Poch's first season; it's also the first season the team has been put through the high-octane regime. They've carried themselves brilliantly through a number of competitions but are now starting to feel it at the tailend of the season. It's a young squad - they've done brilliantly, we've finally got a core of academy players - maybe motivation is all that is driving them on now? We're playing for 4th BUT perhaps they see the bigger picture too?

I honestly cannot believe some of the comments questioning Poch's position!!! This is the most confident I have felt in a long time. A long term plan!!! It has been an absolutely fantastic season when all things are taken into consideration. Yes, we have some expensive players not doing the do but we also have some surprise performances.

I'd honestly semi-write off (coined that one too) next season to an extent as Poch is looking at youth and still embedding his philosophy. This also extends to our other staff (scouting, etc). Just seems too positive to get to the conclusion that we once again need a hit the lorazepam...

Am I a fence-sitter? Yep :( Am I as optimistic as Steff? No way haha. Am I patient? Hell yeah!

I

Well said papercut

Personally I'm thinking part of our issue is Poch really only has 9-10 players he believes in, that puts a lot of pressure on a few players

Squad changes will be high on the summer agenda, we need to have bench options and a few more competitive options for key positions

if we sold everyone else and bought back a cut-price bale, do you think we'd have a title challenging team?
imagine bale and kane would be nothing short of devastating.

yeah, if Bale signed for QPR tomorrow they'd be league champions in may
actually the bigger question is we had a clear out and focused on spending on just one world-class star, which position would it be and if we did so, how much better would we be?

short term we probably would, we've seen what an average team with one incredible talent can do in this league many times, long term its a non starter though as we would just lose them 12/24 months later and be back where we started

actually the bigger question is we had a clear out and focused on spending on just one world-class star, which position would it be and if we did so, how much better would we be?

From what I've seen this season a player on the level of erisken and Kane would be a big leap forward

Both of them were excellent today but chadli and townsend were atrocious

I know our defence has been toss but that's not due to lack of ability as we have seen it before

But as shown by Liverpoo last season you can do well by scoring goals irrelevant of how good or bad your defence is

From what I've seen this season a player on the level of erisken and Kane would be a big leap forward

Both of them were excellent today but chadli and townsend were atrocious

I know our defence has been toss but that's not due to lack of ability as we have seen it before

But as shown by Liverpoo last season you can do well by scoring goals irrelevant of how good or bad your defence is

Agreed, but we haven't to cut down the number of conceded if we want top 4.

Agreed, but we haven't to cut down the number of conceded if we want top 4.

Not if we turn some shocking defeats into wins... And obviously defence is key but you defend from the front in Pochs system

Today some of chadlis defensive decision were criminal and with walker playing awful too they could have capitalised

Who know's, prior to this season would have said Di Marie, prior to that Ozil. Neither set the prem alight really, there is never a guarantee that these WC players will make a difference, where sometimes it's the little unknown guy who is the perfect fit.

It's definitely the type of player, rather than signing a name. Neither Arsenal, nor Manchester United, needed their signing. I think they signed them as the players were available and seemed like a good deal and were a big name to appease fans. The players have a good skill set and will perform well at times but the success of the team hasn't been improved by having these non-piece players.

Is anyone wanting poch gone? I think we all have and want patience. From top to bottom. Doesn't mean we can have opinions and be critical and look at how we can improve things.

His persistence with townsend is beyond aggregating though.

Money

That's all there is to think about. We have a new stadium being built and we need nothing more than a coach who can keep us where we have been for the last 4-5 years. IMO Poch is that man and given how much it would cost Levy to (i) sack Poch and his team (ii) compensate another club for taking their manager, we won't see a change in our management team unless we fall right away.

Who know's, prior to this season would have said Di Marie, prior to that Ozil. Neither set the prem alight really, there is never a guarantee that these WC players will make a difference, where sometimes it's the little unknown guy who is the perfect fit.

Agreed. And sometimes the relatively unknown young home grown player making the step up :)

Hopefully we'll see a further improvement with our recruitment now that Mitchell has joined us.

It's definitely the type of player, rather than signing a name. Neither Arsenal, nor Manchester United, needed their signing. I think they signed them as the players were available and seemed like a good deal and were a big name to appease fans. The players have a good skill set and will perform well at times but the success of the team hasn't been improved by having these non-piece players.

Agree with this too. The United transfer strategy has been rather shocking, and we don't have the money they have.

We need more players that fit in well with what Poch wants to do.

Back