• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I like him, he's one of those players who it's not always obvious what they are doing but then they get subbed off and the team instantly falls apart

So as a guess as it looks like wimmer is more than just gossip and even if its not it will be somebody like him the squad looks like this, once the almost guaranteed wanted departures happen.

Looks to me like certainly a CF if not 2, then a new CM and a new attacking midfield as part of a 3. I wouldn't expect much more than that which would leave a 25 man squad.
Certainly looks like what we are missing is a experience centre midfielder, feels almost we need an Edgar Davids type signing, somebody who everyone could look up to.

Understand the want to shift Dembele, Townsend, Lamela on but i think we have enough to do this window and going after 7-8 players plus shifting others out will be too much change

Lloris / Vorm
Walker / Yedlin
Dier / Fazio
Vertonghen / Wimmer
Rose / Davies
Bentaleb / Stambouli
Mason / Ali
Chadli / Dembele
Eriksen / Pritchard
Lamela / Townsend
Kane

I'm hoping the new statto Paul Mitchell will give us some names with the right attributes/stats and then we can assess their mentality and team fit and get the deal done.
So not the most exotic signings, but players from less exciting teams in the Prem and Germany, maybe a Championship player or two which are ready to step up.
It's all about the value, I'm sick of spending £10m-£20m on really poor players, I would be happy spending £1m or £10m or £20m on players which are worth that amount.

I liked Parker, but im not sure he would suit our current team as he would often dwell on the ball - i think maybe Davids would be a better fit for what you want (?) hard in the tackle but also quick to pass the ball on to team mates

Ooooh in his prime as well. Can you imagine?!

I hate Milner as a player.

To me he sums up everything that is wrong with English football. The only thing he excels at is that he tries-hard. He has mediocre-to-poor technique, zero creativity and no physical attributes. He's been a 'utility' substitute for a decade because he's not been good enough to establish himself in a position. Like Scott Parker, but worse.

On the positive, this parody (https://twitter.com/boringmilner) is the funniest thing on twitter since the Dark Pav

Hahaha. This is the person that loves mason, and the. Slags Milner off for only working hard and having mediocre-poor technical , creative and physical abilities... Literally a description of mason. Except Milner has won more than Mason could ever dream. You can be mental sometimes, utterly mental.

I'm hoping the new statto Paul Mitchell will give us some names with the right attributes/stats and then we can assess their mentality and team fit and get the deal done.
So not the most exotic signings, but players from less exciting teams in the Prem and Germany, maybe a Championship player or two which are ready to step up.
It's all about the value, I'm sick of spending £10m-£20m on really poor players, I would be happy spending £1m or £10m or £20m on players which are worth that amount.

yes that and i hope we keep the team young, looking to peak when the new stadium is complete. meanwhile we implement a footballing philosophy that ties the club together - player scouting, academy, back room staff - all supporting and building into the first team.

Hahaha. This is the person that loves mason, and the. Slags Milner off for only working hard and having mediocre-poor technical , creative and physical abilities... Literally a description of mason. Except Milner has won more than Mason could ever dream. You can be mental sometimes, utterly mental.

Mason's a generation younger than Milner.

And I'd say his technique and vision are far superior. Mason can be inconsistent because of his age, but in a decade's time his career will look a whole lot more impressive than Milner's has been IMO

Lloris / Vorm
Walker / Yedlin
Dier / Fazio
Vertonghen / Wimmer
Rose / Davies
Bentaleb / Stambouli
Mason / Ali
Chadli / Dembele
Eriksen / Pritchard
Lamela / Townsend
Kane

I'd be very happy going into next season with that squad.

Add someone like Ings in after Kane

Then use a couple of Veljkovic, Winks, Onomah and Oduwa to make up the 25.

Milner was sold for 28.5 mil i will be amazed if Mason ever reaches that level. I dont think Milner was overpriced either considering his service and medals.

Sometimes players are worth more in a club than they are outside.
Leon Britton for example, excellent little player but would be worth more to Swansea than anybody would have ever paid for him.

I'd be very happy going into next season with that squad.

Add someone like Ings in after Kane

Then use a couple of Veljkovic, Winks, Onomah and Oduwa to make up the 25.

So can Alli play the middle of the park role? Didn't know if he was more attacking and maybe better to have as the 23rd member of the squad to fill a gap when needed.

I really think we need to upgrade Townsend and by all accounts Yedlin isn't close to good enough... Worryingly!

So can Alli play the middle of the park role? Didn't know if he was more attacking and maybe better to have as the 23rd member of the squad to fill a gap when needed.

I really think we need to upgrade Townsend and by all accounts Yedlin isn't close to good enough... Worryingly!

I've never seen Alli play, but have read he can do both the Mason role and a more advance sort of Ross Barkley job (same area as Eriksen, but different type of player)

Yedlin has had an injury issues hasn't he (according to Klinsmann)? Remember we also have Walker-Peters and Fredericks who are supposed to be highly-rated RBs.

Which accounts are those? I haven't seen that...

Milner was sold for 28.5 mil i will be amazed if Mason ever reaches that level. I dont think Milner was overpriced either considering his service and medals.

Sometimes players are worth more in a club than they are outside.
Leon Britton for example, excellent little player but would be worth more to Swansea than anybody would have ever paid for him.

yeah but Emirates Marketing Project will always have to pay a 10-15 mill premium for each signing.

Verts is the only outfield player over 25 he regularly uses at the moment. Chadli tends to be our 3rd oldest starter (with Lloris the oldest)

Seems a safe enough assumption all things considered. Not saying we will only sign players 26 or younger, but I would be surprised if a rather large majority of our targets isn't younger than that.

It is nice to have manager and chairman singing from the same sheet for once.

Poch likes young players because of their energy and malleability into his system.

And Levy likes young players because they are on much lower wages and have a sell on value.

Marriage made in heaven!

It is true, he is firmly focussed on youth and we will continue to see that. The Milner debate...I think he is one of the most underrated players in the Prem personally, but there we go. Would we sign him? No. We had our chance and couldn't get it done (back during Azza time)...I think it's fair to say that Poch wouldn't go there regardless of what we think. I agree with GB on the congruence between manager and chairman; let's hope it continues.

Back