• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

If he addresses our injuries curse, he deserves a lot of praise

Curse? Incompetence is the word you are looking for. Steffen Iversen has on numerous occasions talked about how the only one who got to decide whether a player was injured or not was the manager, not the physios. He also stated he played at least 20 games while being injured to the point where he could barely walk after games. Luckily we've moved far on from a club structure where the manager made all the calls. Most managers knows basic physiology at best.

I am sure King's career would have been a completely different one if the club had the competence they have now from the start of his career.

Frankly, losing the League Cup final was not really a bad thing for Pochettino. Managers who win trophies in their first season will always be under pressure in their next season as there will be huge expectations. That's what happened with George Graham and Ramos after winning the League Cup in their first seasons. Regardless of where we finish in the league this season, I think Levy will keep Pochettino atleast until end of next season.

I think Iversens English is failing him there, when he says injured, he probably means drunk
Say what you will about Iversen as a footballer or otherwise, you could ask anyone else about the standard of medical treatment in football during the 90s and you'll get the same answer. The fact that my example comes from an easy target doesn't change anything.

Definite minus points today, to send out; 1. The wrong team (2 or 3 of them). 2. Completely un motivated or over confident.

Very disappointing, let's hope he puts it right.

My view of Pochettino has changed instantly due to the humiliation to ManU. After that win over ManU in 2013, thought we would never get humiliated by them again. Instead they have now outclassed Pochettino's Spurs in both the matches this season. We were very fortunate not to get beaten at home earlier in the season due to the brilliant saves by Lloris. But we were not so fortunate yesterday. Losing to big teams is one thing but to get humiliated like that is simply unacceptable. Makes you wonder if Pochettino does have right strategy to play against big teams away. We have failed to beat any top 5 teams away this season, getting humiliated by Chelsea, ManCity and now ManU. Maybe Pochettino really have to change his approach when we play big teams away. If we get another humiliation like this, I think Pochettino's capability as a manager will be questioned.

My view of Pochettino has changed instantly due to the humiliation to ManU. After that win over ManU in 2013, thought we would never get humiliated by them again. Instead they have now outclassed Pochettino's Spurs in both the matches this season. We were very fortunate not to get beaten at home earlier in the season due to the brilliant saves by Lloris. But we were not so fortunate yesterday. Losing to big teams is one thing but to get humiliated like that is simply unacceptable. Makes you wonder if Pochettino does have right strategy to play against big teams away. We have failed to beat any top 5 teams away this season, getting humiliated by Chelsea, ManCity and now ManU. Maybe Pochettino really have to change his approach when we play big teams away. If we get another humiliation like this, I think Pochettino's capability as a manager will be questioned.

Poch out? If so, ridiculous. You can huge the man after has had some time with players of his choosing.

Poch out? If so, ridiculous. You can huge the man after has had some time with players of his choosing.

Still want Pochettino to be the Spurs manager. But he will have to change his strategy against big teams in away matches. I think 2 of Pochettino's biggest mistakes was relying too much on youngsters and failing to strengthen our squad during the transfer window, especially in defence.

Still want Pochettino to be the Spurs manager. But he will have to change his strategy against big teams in away matches. I think 2 of Pochettino's biggest mistakes was relying too much on youngsters and failing to strengthen our squad during the transfer window, especially in defence.

Mate, guess you missed the matches that we won comfortably against Cheat$ki & Scum.

Poch' s success is based on using youngsters, it's Kane/Eriksen/Bentaleb/Rose that have been the reason for the better parts of our season. It's the "experienced" Kaboul/Ade/Capoue/Soldado that have failed to deliver.

I agree on the transfer window, although my opinion would have been a RW option was a priority.

Mate, guess you missed the matches that we won comfortably against Cheat$ki & Scum.

Poch' s success is based on using youngsters, it's Kane/Eriksen/Bentaleb/Rose that have been the reason for the better parts of our season. It's the "experienced" Kaboul/Ade/Capoue/Soldado that have failed to deliver.

I agree on the transfer window, although my opinion would have been a RW option was a priority.

I am not fully convinced of Bentaleb. Maybe he can play well at home. But we shouldn't use him in away matches, especially against big teams. As you saw against ManU, the inexperienced youngsters like Bentaleb couldn't handle the pressure of playing in front of big crowds in away matches. As for the experienced players, i was referring to the likes of Fazio, Dembele and Stambouli. They should have started against ManU instead of Dier, Mason and Bentaleb.

Thanks for your polite reply. January is a terrible time to buy in terms of value and I can only guess that he had a chat with Levy and they decided to wait until the summer to buy after shipping out the deadwood. As for youngsters, the best way for them to improve is to play in as many games as possible, and with new additions we will be stronger for playing the young 'uns.

Also, playing away, we can't be too open, with a high line that the players couldn't accommodate. We saw that so early on in the game, manyoo were at a high tempo, crisp passing, and forcing the issue. We just crumbled instead of shoring up, soaking pressure and trying to hit on the break.

I am not fully convinced of Bentaleb. Maybe he can play well at home. But we shouldn't use him in away matches, especially against big teams. As you saw against ManU, the inexperienced youngsters like Bentaleb couldn't handle the pressure of playing in front of big crowds in away matches. As for the experienced players, i was referring to the likes of Fazio, Dembele and Stambouli. They should have started against ManU instead of Dier, Mason and Bentaleb.

Stambouli experienced?

The idea that Dier, Mason and Bentaleb couldn't handle the old Trafford atmosphere is ridiculous. They only started main noise when they were three up.
It's a nice simple excuse to explain what went wrong.

Little weak Bentaleb, the guy that had played in much bigger stages than this, even won there last season. Why would it have any fear?

Then I would suggest that the problem seems to be your expectations.

Also, playing away, we can't be too open, with a high line that the players couldn't accommodate. We saw that so early on in the game, manyoo were at a high tempo, crisp passing, and forcing the issue. We just crumbled instead of shoring up, soaking pressure and trying to hit on the break.

We don't park the bus, its not our style, quite honestly, I don't want it to be our style and we lack the pace right now to be a true counter attack based side.

The problem with our high line is none of our back four, or Mason/Bentaleb are particularly dominant in the air, so the long ball counter hurts us. Poch's big mistake against a side that has become the PL hoof merchants under LVG was not to play Fazio (is he injured?)

We don't park the bus, its not our style, quite honestly, I don't want it to be our style and we lack the pace right now to be a true counter attack based side.

The problem with our high line is none of our back four, or Mason/Bentaleb are particularly dominant in the air, so the long ball counter hurts us. Poch's big mistake against a side that has become the PL hoof merchants under LVG was not to play Fazio (is he injured?)

Fazio might very well have been out as he wasn't even on the bench. Has been ahead of Chiriches on the bench fairly consistently from what I can remember.

Part of the problem for me against United was that we weren't playing a properly high line with high pressing. The intensity from our front 4 was lacking and United could pick their passes too easily. In short we looked short on energy. A bit strange after a week off perhaps, but these things happen I think.

i 1000% believe that Fazio would not have solved the issue against Utd Fellani wasnt playing up against Dier but between walker and Dier and 10yrs deeper. If Fazio had gone and challenged him the gap inbehind would have been ridiculous and would have been exploited.

Fazio might very well have been out as he wasn't even on the bench. Has been ahead of Chiriches on the bench fairly consistently from what I can remember.

Part of the problem for me against United was that we weren't playing a properly high line with high pressing. The intensity from our front 4 was lacking and United could pick their passes too easily. In short we looked short on energy. A bit strange after a week off perhaps, but these things happen I think.

We have played more games than any other PL team at this stage, very young team, pressure of first real run in for a lot of them.

brick day at office is the most likely explanation, City/Cheat$ki/Madrid/Barca all have them with much better players and much more experienced players.

Back