• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lennon's back baby!

Regarding big clubs wanting to sign Lennon, he was linked to Mourinho's Chelsea back in 2006. Man Utd and Liverpool were both after him too shortly after.

Lennon is superb and this has always been the case.

Look at all of our best form since he has been here and the bad spells are always when he has injuries.

The reason he is so important is that he takes the ball from defense to attack so quickly, without losing it. He doesn't need a wonder cross, he just needs to take it forward and play a simple pass to a striker.

Lot of truth in this I think. I like Lennon and he's been a great player for us - we also really miss him when he's out as he gives us balance and we have no-one remotely close to being a like for like replacement.

However, I've always thought that a clear indication of Defoe's level is the fact that no team who has been in the top 4 has ever moved to sign him with when at Spurs or Pompey and that he;s never established himself in the england squad let alone team. Its somewhat similar with Lennon - the only club which I remember him being linked to was Liverpoo 2 or 3 years back after Lennon had had a quiet year.

That said, GHod knows how we'd replace Lennon, he can win games on his own and does his share pf defensive work.

A good indication of Defoe and lennons ability, is the fact they are playing for Spurs. Capello - a top manager put both of them in his world cup team.

It's a bizarre point you are making, especially considering at certain points both players have been linked with Manchester united (early days at spurs) and Liverpool (more recently). Even Arsenal were linked with Defoe last season. Of course we have no idea how true it all is, but we don't know either way. The top clubs haven't had much of a need to go after either player.

But if you want to apply that logic, VDV is not linked with a big club. And you can be certain a big club has not made a bid, because he isn't the sort to hang around. He would kick up a fuss until sold.

But if you want to apply that logic, VDV is not linked with a big club. And you can be certain a big club has not made a bid, because he isn't the sort to hang around. He would kick up a fuss until sold.

what is that based on ?

has he previous in this ?

New Deal for Lennon

Another player signed up longterm now, so all of our key players are now on longterm deals, good work Levy

We are delighted to announce that Aaron Lennon has signed a new contract until 2016.

The winger joined us from Leeds in July 2005 and, at the age of 25, has already made 270 First Team appearances in our colours, scoring 25 goals.

Re: New Deal for Lennon

Awesome news.

Though i am a bit dismayed reading 25 goals in 270 apps.. I did not think it was that bad..

8-[

Excellent news, the team plays far better when he is in it.

Glad the lad has signed an extension, but if rumours are to be believed he would have been sold if the right offer came in much like Defoe. I wonder if this is Levy's way of maximising profits from any potential buyers.

Happy about this, seems a decent guy and can be very dangerous for us. I really hope he can add a bit of directness and attacking confidence to his game under AVB.

Awesome news.

Though i am a bit dismayed reading 25 goals in 270 apps.. I did not think it was that bad..

8-[

I think we should give him this season to show he can improve on this or move him on. He hasnt really fully developed his potential but he really should be scoring and assisting more now. If we are going to play with one up front we need a lot of goals from midfield to compensate.

Very happy to see that :)

Lennon is one of those players that just makes me happy. Hoping that a bit more attacking freedom in a slightly more advanced role will see him bring in a few more goals as well this season.

Great news! Always feared Lennon would go after those homesick comments a few years back!

Great news, hope he can stay injury free this year and achieve the level of performance we know he can when fully fit.

Back