• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lennon's back baby!

I think against lesser opposition where tracking back isn't as vital we should give Townsend or Falque a go. Really disappointed with Lennon lately he hardly is ever involved in the attacking third. He never seems to take on defenders any more?

Lennon is my fave player simply because it feels like he has been here for so so long - which he has but he is part of the furniture now. The guy has been brilliant this season - Bale will always get the plaudits but Lennon has out performed him so far

:lol:

I cant believe what I am reading. Lennon needs to do more or we have to put him on the bench for good.

Yes has been with the club for a long time, yes he is a nice lad, yes he tracks back, but he just aint good enough. He isnt a very good footballer, not good on the ball. He has pace but is too scared to use it nowdays.

Last night someone said Bale was replaceable, some want us to sell Parker and Lennon who does nearly nothing all game gets away with it every game and every season.

He is one of the best "footballers" at the club. One of the only footballers in our team (along with Bale) who understand the pass and move rule. He is a very good passer of the ball and has an actual footballing brain. He doesn't score enough which is why many label him as brick though, i get it.

For me Lennon has been one of our best performers this season, seems reborn under AVB like Defoe...

I'd go along with that.

Lennon has been outstanding for us this season, which is why he got recalled back to the England team.

I don't think that there's a better right winger in the country.

The guys commitment to the club is massively overlooked.

I remember when he was the hottest RW in the league, and he rejected chelsea.

Also, its refreshing to see such a quick and agile footballer not go down like a sack of brick, and not pretend to be injured when he gets challenged. Love an honest footballer.

The guy deserves all the credit (and more) he gets.

The guys commitment to the club is massively overlooked.

I remember when he was the hottest RW in the league, and he rejected chelsea.

Also, its refreshing to see such a quick and agile footballer not go down like a sack of brick, and not pretend to be injured when he gets challenged. Love an honest footballer.

The guy deserves all the credit (and more) he gets.

That has to be proved. I cant remember it.

I think some overate him because he never complains and has been here a long time. But there isnt enough end product. He should use his pace more. He cant really shoot so he should take his left back on and put the ball in the box somehow.

Yes has been with the club for a long time, yes he is a nice lad, yes he tracks back, but he just aint good enough. He isnt a very good footballer, not good on the ball. He has pace but is too scared to use it nowdays.

What have you been sniffing? You are talking complete and utter gash

What have you been sniffing? You are talking complete and utter gash

Do you think he has a good technique? What did he do going forward at fulham? And dont tell me he tracked back a lot, he aint a right back.

Early in the season, when we were drawing games at home, he was just doing nothing.

He just doesnt do enough going forward. We'll see what he does at Everton.

Wow we really have a huge difference of opinion on Lennon on here. I am really surprised though some of you think he has been good this year? I don't think he has been poor because he really has worked hard tracking back but he is an attacking midfielder and just can't remember him being a threat too often

Lennon has excellent close control and is one of the fastest runners with the ball I have seen. Bale doesn't do enough defensive work for my liking, doesn't mean I have to slate him for it all the time. If one winger is less involved going forward, that could mean he isn't getting enough balls to work with or he's getting them in the wrong positions. If it's the latter I expect to see some improvements as that is something AVB will have seen in his post match analysis.

A naturally unselfish player, which is something of a rarity in a player of his ability.

His best performance this season I think came in the 5-2 rodgering against Arsenal, or at least the first 20 minutes. Vermaelen looked seriously uncomfortable against him. He came mighty close to scoring in that period as well.

I really dont get how some can say he is not a good footballer. On what grounds exactly? There is a reason why we havent replaced him - because he doesnt need replacing. He needs competition but so does Bale but he certainly doesnt need replacing.

I do hear the big criticism and that is he doesnt score goals but there has been no consideration as to how he has been asked to play on the right as part of a midfield four. Now he is playing further upfield he will score and could have scored more if he wasnt so unselfish - west spam being the biggest example. Also lets not forget that defensively has is helping Walker out a great deal which of course impacts somewhat on his offensive duties. He is a proper team player.

The guy is superb and has improved his crossing and his left foot.

2 goals and 4 assists in the league so far. Not bad considering our patchy performances. We are the second highest scoring team in the league, how much more does he need to do?

2 goals and 4 assists in the league so far. Not bad considering our patchy performances. We are the second highest scoring team in the league, how much more does he need to do?

Could have been more goals too had he not been unselfish etc or not having to help out too much defensively or us sitting back for example against Liverscum etc.

People see stats without seeing whats behind the stats and reasons for them

:lol:

I cant believe what I am reading. Lennon needs to do more or we have to put him on the bench for good.

Last night someone said Bale was replaceable, some want us to sell Parker and Lennon who does nearly nothing all game gets away with it every game and every season.

You have had too much charlie mate. I dont want to sell anyone and like I said in the thread (bale is replaceable thread) we keep on harping on about selling players which is ironic as I didnt think we were a club who constantly thought about selling players. You sell the brick ones but not talk about selling your best players. Lennon is in that category.

Lennon has one of the best first touches in the league. When balls are pinged out to him his touch to bring the ball under control is faultless....

Back