• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lennon's back baby!

Or like voldemort in harry potter n the sorcerer's stone. Just doesn't seem to be a leader for me. But when he's on song, and he still needs to do this week in, week out, things happen - he scares defenders, opens up spaces, even grabs a goal.

He can do it tomorrow v the saints, he's gotta take on more responsibility as a senior player. Do it Azza !

What's the reasoning behind him being nominated captain in the EL games ? Long serving player, give him a chance ? Is he really AVB's man on the pitch ?? Just baffles me, he doesn't seem like a talker or a shouter, does he have the other players respect ?

King didn't seem like someone who shouts a lot neither, but he definitely had the respect of the other players not to mention he has been at Spurs for the majority of his life. I imagine it was the same for Lennon, I imagine all the players respect him, he's our longest serving player (behind Dawson) who starts game and a very important figure in our line up.

Personally I couldn't care less who the captain is, everyone should be a leader on the pitch regardless of some band.

The captaincy can be used in a variety of ways. There isn't much of a tactical element like in cricket or rugby so its more a motivational thing.

Some players are leaders regardless of the armband. A dominant CB can lead the defence and a dominant midfielder can lead the midfield and drive the whole team. They don't need the captaincy to be a team leader, although sometimes the player needs the captaincy as a badge of honour (=an ego thing, e.g. Terry).

For a quieter player, the captaincy could bring him out of his shell and act as a confidence boost. Perhaps this is AVB's thinking with Lennon.

Excellent again yesterday, he is argueably our most in form player currently, seems to be enjoying playing for AVB, lets hope he doesnt do the normal and get an injury which stops all him momentum as he is flying currently

Excellent again yesterday, he is argueably our most in form player currently, seems to be enjoying playing for AVB, lets hope he doesnt do the normal and get an injury which stops all him momentum as he is flying currently

Absolutely. That recurrent injury curse is bloody annoying.

Lennon is my fave player simply because it feels like he has been here for so so long - which he has but he is part of the furniture now. The guy has been brilliant this season - Bale will always get the plaudits but Lennon has out performed him so far

Lennon is my fave player simply because it feels like he has been here for so so long - which he has but he is part of the furniture now. The guy has been brilliant this season - Bale will always get the plaudits but Lennon has out performed him so far

[video=youtube;ABV171jTs3I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABV171jTs3I[/video]

This is the moment that did it for me. It's part of the reason why I was horrified when the rumours of Harry wanting to sell him cropped up.

While Lennon has played well this season for the most part, this statement is plainly ridiculous

While Lennon has played well this season for the most part, this statement is plainly ridiculous

How so? Bale has only really performed in the last four or five games - no? Lennon has performed throughout the season. Werent there even grumblings on this Board that Bale had actually started pretty brick? Its opinion - no? Obviously Bale is a better player.

How so? Bale has only really performed in the last four or five games - no? Lennon has performed throughout the season. Werent there even grumblings on this Board that Bale had actually started pretty brick? Its opinion - no? Obviously Bale is a better player.

You have just answered your own question!

You have just answered your own question!

Ahh yes see - talkin about two different things. Being a better player does not mean he has played better than Lennon. I was talking about this season in terms of performances. So its not really answering my own question.

Ahh yes see - talkin about two different things. Being a better player does not mean he has played better than Lennon. I was talking about this season in terms of performances. So its not really answering my own question.

Bales performance against Man Utd when he took them on virtually single handedly in the first half with one brilliant goal and two assists was simply out of this world. He has also scored critical goals against Reading and Southampton as well. You even said that he has played well in the last four or five games - and we have only played 9 PL games this season in total.

Also, when Bale wasnt playing against Chelsea and Moribor his presence was really missed.

Aaron Lennon @Aaron7Lennon

Massive win!!! we had to dig deep in the 2nd half lads showed great character, wonder if ill get assist for there goal lol

Loved seeing him come in off the right to score at the back post today, we should see more of that from him he is capable!

Also quite amazing that by the end of the season he could well take over Ledley King in Spurs appearences!!!

Loved seeing him come in off the right to score at the back post today, we should see more of that from him he is capable!

Also quite amazing that by the end of the season he could well take over Ledley King in Spurs appearences!!!

Only Steve Perryman (64) has played more European games for Spurs than Aaron Lennon (42).

Back