• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Even so (not exactly true but for argument's sake) - unless Lennon delivers the goods in the next 5-odd games - overall the former would have had a more successful season

liquid_football, are you Croatian?

Walcott's had a good season, btw. Better than Lennon in fact, for the second year running.
Nationality has nothing to do with why I rate certain players or not.I m not Welsh but I can see Bale becoming the 3rd best player in the world after Ronaldo and Messi.
What I rate in players are technical attributes,physical attributes like pace are a bonus in my eyes.That is why players like Modric and Silva succeeded in this league,technique > brute power

Walcott is way too incosistent btw,he has absolutely terrible games and then a few great games.Even his own fans booed him on more than one ocassion

Even so (not exactly true but for argument's sake) - unless Lennon delivers the goods in the next 5-odd games - overall the former would have had a more successful season

Walcott players a more advanced role and has played 16 matches more than Lennon this season...I would have Lennon in my team any day over Walcott

Walcott players a more advanced role and has played 16 matches more than Lennon this season...I would have Lennon in my team any day over Walcott

Who you would have in your team is irrelevant tbh

Walcott's output has been superior and would be in contention for the Euros ahead of Lennon, granted the latter suffered considerable injury setbacks

If Lennon had 11 goals and 13 assist for us so far this season he'd be in the Top 5 for player of the year. Fact

Arc you can't honestly believe Walker is better at taking on players than Bale and Lennon?

He may be fast, but he doesn't have the tribbling ability of either player.

Walcott plays as part of a front three mostly, The Goons usually go 4-3-3 (3 Cm's and 3 attackers), Lennon's played that a handful of times. If your going 4-4-2 then Lennon's miles ahead of Walcott, in a 4-3-3 we need to see Lennon play there more to decide, think his finishing let's him down a bit, but other than that he trumps Walcott on everything.

As has been mentioned, Walcott get's booed by his own fans, he's a typical MOTD player, only this week against Wigan did you get Gooners slagging off Walcott again because he's "brick" !

Arc you can't honestly believe Walker is better at taking on players than Bale and Lennon?

He may be fast, but he doesn't have the tribbling ability of either player.

If by taking on you mean 'outrunning' - he's definitely up there, imv. In fact - he's alsmost always looking for that (for better or worse) whereas Lennon and Bale try to mix their game up more often than not.

If by taking on you mean 'outrunning' - he's definitely up there, imv. In fact - he's alsmost always looking for that (for better or worse) whereas Lennon and Bale try to mix their game up more often than not.

No by taking on I mean successfully getting past their opposing player. That doesn't just involve 'outrunning' because the ball has to be under control. Walker is a bit like a bull in a china shop at times.

As for the Walcott vs Lennon debate - Lennon is the better footballer, but isn't as productive. A lot of that is down to Lennon playing a more orthadox 'hug the touchline' role, but he does need to mix up his game more.

What constitues 'successful'?

If he outruns them only to put in a brick cross - what is that?

Well I guess that's successful as he has beaten his opposing player, but quite often he runs into dead ends because he can't get the ball under control sufficiently to beat his man.

There are certain undeniable truths and absolutes on GG - they are written into the consitution which in turn kept under Scara's bed

Page 89, Chapter 4, verse 15 reads

Theo James Walcott shall be regarded as inferior to Aarron Justin Lennon irrespective of form, goal return and ability for his entire professional career. In rare cases where actual reality and occurences on the field of play strongly contradict said 'truth' refer to different formations, pitch sizes, sun angles and water bottle makes, and seek justification in those. Under no circumstances shall he be regarded as success of a player as this would cause great distress to all known and unknown Spurs fans and result in considerable drop in weekly confidence.

Page 44, Chapter 2, verse 35 reads

Darren Ashley Bent shall be remembered and accepted as utter failure of a player and rendered scape-goat for all things foul during his brief Tottenham career. At no point shall actual reference be made to goal return, goals per minute, overall career stats, actual form or pure ability in front of goal. No amount of reasoned debate and rational thought shall be tolerated for as long as said 'truth' can be used to mask other players' despicable short-comings and tactical indaquacies

Last edited:
well done chap

shame he is absolutely shattered right now and not playing well. He needs a rest. And how we joked about having too many right backs. Now we have 1:)

Back