• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Corluka didn't want to be at the club

I wish people could grasp that

He didn't want to be a sub that never plays and he wanted to play because of the upcoming Euros.
He said multiple times how glad he is to be playing for a big club like Tottenham and he did leave Emirates Marketing Project where he was a regular to come play for Spurs

Not really,if you read the thread carefully you will see that alot of people share the opinion that Corluka should have stayed at the club and probably be playing now instead of Walker

Sorry but its one thing to think corluka going is a bad thing, its another to claim walker roams the pitch like a psychotic ostrich

Sent from my Nexus S using Fapatalk

I think some people are forgetting how bad corluka was at the start if the season how slow and out of position he always was. He would have cost us far more goals then walker and not created as many as walker has done with his pace. Also with his pace walker has made opposition teams be aware and put in play defensive tactics. No team will be scared about facing corluka.

Walker over corluka every time.

I think some people are forgetting how bad corluka was at the start if the season how slow and out of position he always was. He would have cost us far more goals then walker and not created as many as walker has done with his pace. Also with his pace walker has made opposition teams be aware and put in play defensive tactics. No team will be scared about facing corluka.

Walker over corluka every time.

Walker created 1 goal this season.
Corluka has created 3 goals for Bayer this season,including one against Barcelona.

But fudge it,if you people rate pace that much over technical attributes,I guess Walker really is the perfect full back for you.
Time will tell who will have more sucess in their careers.

Walker created 1 goal this season.
Corluka has created 3 goals for Bayer this season,including one against Barcelona.

But fudge it,if you people rate pace that much over technical attributes,I guess Walker really is the perfect full back for you.
Time will tell who will have more sucess in their careers.

Its pointless even arguing with you, seriously how many tottenham games have you watched this season, its genuinely mental that you think walker is that one dimensional

Walker creates because teams have to adjust their style of play because they know that we have a full back that can run behind their defence. I do not hate corluka and im not a fan boy of walker, it is just that walker is a better attacking full back then corluka. Defensively they both have their weekness but walker can get himself out of jail more often then corluka.

I really think some on here are forgetting how poor corluka was with us.

Its pointless even arguing with you, seriously how many tottenham games have you watched this season, its genuinely mental that you think walker is that one dimensional
Can he cross?No
Can he pass?No
Can he beat players like Lennon or Bale?No

What does Walker offer? Pace
What else? Nothing

Please,go ahead,write here what he is offering us in an attacking sense

[video=youtube;W4SM3tGYqnQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4SM3tGYqnQ[/video]

[video=youtube;bxUYoq3BXgc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxUYoq3BXgc[/video]

Walker has unbeliveable pace and a has a decent shot, everybody will agree on that...if i was watching this video and didnt know of Walker i would say we are watching RW player highlights, not a RB

I haven't looked for any clips because that is quite possibly the single most biased a-contextual analysis of a player posssible.

I (much like yourself, I'm sure) watch live games and draw conclusions based on that.

Bar Utd (home) - could you possibly name some of his defensive errors which have resulted directly in goals.

yep...you can notice that i didnt use famous "he is a donkey" analysis aproach ...i am somehow traditional when it comes to football

We should all be very proud he's our right back

He's not the finished article.....far from it, and he has admitted that himself

Love the fact that he'll put himself down after a bad day at the office

But seriously, anybody that doesn't want him at RB is not a Spurs fan

It's not a co-incidence that Harry likes athletic, pacey fullbacks - they force your opposition onto the back foot.

Put simply, if you have a fullback with pace, you're going to be able to push the opposition's FB back. Why? Simple: he's got to constantly bear in mind and defend against the threat of an overlapping run from your pacey fullback. That pushes his defensive line further and further back, as they have to hold it for offside purposes. A defensive line dropping deep, as you know - or maybe some don't - invites pressure onto it and you concede territory. We have enough ball players who Harry would then expect to ping the ball around at high tempo and thread the balls through for openings.

Likewise, having pace on your flanks and thus forcing your opposition to concede territory means that, when they come forward, they are denied width - as you can play a higher line, sure in the fact that your pacey fullbacks are quick enough to recover position if needs be. It forces the opposition to either play tight through the middle, or over the top - both of what are containing tactics; you can pack your midfield to nullify the threat - as we often do with Parker/Sandro, and you can risk that any ball over the top would have to be pin-point accurate.

It's a judgement call at the end of the day. Just look at how our rhythm changed when Lennon was injured; many said we 'lost balance' - we did, because we suddenly allowed the opposition to press forward down their left flank and, essentially, double-up on Kyle Walker. That pushes us back, as we've gotta shift men across to cope with the weakness in our shape. That disrupts rhythm too, as you're mindful of that weakness - you don't play as freely as you once did, and you're having to work harder as you don't have that territorial advantage any more.

Give ma pacey fullbacks any day of the week.

At the moment he's a brick Chimbonda. Hopefully after a couple of seasons he can develop into a brick Pamarot....

At the moment you should like a gooner

Hopefully after a couple of seasons you can develop into at least a Fulham fan

Hey hey hey, there's a few teams before you can get to Fulham stage =;

Just to clarify, my comments were based on the fact that we used to have Chimbonda and Pamarot as recent right-backs, the grass is definitely greener now!

Can he cross? Not very well at this point

Can he pass? Yes

Can he beat players like Lennon or Bale? Yes, even more so

What does Walker offer? Exponentially more than Mr. Limited ever did

What else? Corluka isn't coming back because he isn't good enough anymore. Our squad mean level of quality has been raised substantially over the last 2-odd years and average players like him now find themselves outside the rim. Same happened to Palacios of recent times, Keane, Gomes, Jenas, etc. Accept and move - he will never play for us again because he doesn't want to and he is not good enough to start for a club competing regurarly in the Top 4.

Walker cant even beat Glenn Johnson and you say that he is better at beating players than Lennon and Bale? Seriously...what the fudge
His passing consists of 5 yard sideways passes to Parker/Modric or to the CB...

We will see how Walker will progress,in 3 years time he will be exactly the same player(maybe slightly better defensively) and people will start realising that he is a defensive liability and offers almost nothing going forward.
He is the Walcott of RB's

liquid_football, are you Croatian?

Walcott's had a good season, btw. Better than Lennon in fact, for the second year running.

Walcott has had a good 2 months. Before that he was donkey turd that was jeered continuously by his own fans. The game vs us was the start of his good form.

Back