• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James McCarthy

McCarthy is not the guy. I've watched him a lot for Ireland, less for Everton, but I promise you we would be comparing him to Jenas within a month.

McCarthy is a very good footballer. It's whether he has the desire and fight for a Poch team.

What is he actually good at though?

Serious question as no one has given an answer yet

He's nearly the perfect defensive midfielder. Energetic, great work rate, his passing is brilliant and he'd probably end up being the best passer in our team, he's timing of tackles is good, he's very composed on the ball and rarely rushed and his decision making is nearly spot on. In fact, he reminds me a lot of Carrick.

He's nearly the perfect defensive midfielder. Energetic, great work rate, his passing is brilliant and he'd probably end up being the best passer in our team, he's timing of tackles is good, he's very composed on the ball and rarely rushed and his decision making is nearly spot on. In fact, he reminds me a lot of Carrick.

Yet as we have been discussing all day his stats do not back any of that up

In fact when he has played against us he did none of that

People have talked about his tracking Back but again the stats have shown that he doesn't make the tackles after tracking back or maybe he does something else. You would expect his defensive stats to be high considering how poor Everton we're last season but there not

I know stats are not the answer but it's the only way to do a comparison and you would expect a player in an inferior side to ours to have better defensive stats in a defensive position

People have been mentioning Carrick a lot here. If Schneiderlin does sign for United, then with Herrera, Blind, Schneiderlin and Fellaini in those CM spots, I think Carrick's regular place there isn't going to be assured anymore. We could do worse than inquire about whether he's for sale, although United will probably try to leer at Kane and Lloris and propose some stupid swap deal for them which we'll then rightly turn down. :p

People have been mentioning Carrick a lot here. If Schneiderlin does sign for United, then with Herrera, Blind, Schneiderlin and Fellaini in those CM spots, I think Carrick's regular place there isn't going to be assured anymore. We could do worse than inquire about whether he's for sale, although United will probably try to leer at Kane and Lloris and propose some stupid swap deal for them which we'll then rightly turn down. :p

i read Rio Ferdinand saying that Schneiderlin will get in the team when Carrick needs a rest or is out injured...25 mill back up;)

Yet as we have been discussing all day his stats do not back any of that up

In fact when he has played against us he did none of that

People have talked about his tracking Back but again the stats have shown that he doesn't make the tackles after tracking back or maybe he does something else. You would expect his defensive stats to be high considering how poor Everton we're last season but there not

I know stats are not the answer but it's the only way to do a comparison and you would expect a player in an inferior side to ours to have better defensive stats in a defensive position

Schneiderlin was worse against us and was even outshone by Etienne Capoue. Alot would still have him here.

i read Rio Ferdinand saying that Schneiderlin will get in the team when Carrick needs a rest or is out injured...25 mill back up;)

My schadenfreude at the prospect is only tempered by my sadness at the fact that Schneiderlin could so easily have been ours last summer itself, only for circumstances and a certain person to derail that dream. :p Like I said, throw United an inquiry, and if they try some horsebrick or propose stupid deals in return, let it go. We could use Carrick, but it isn't worth striking up a prolonged dialogue with United for: I quite like the fact that we hate them and are unlikely to willingly deal with them again post Berba. :)

My schadenfreude at the prospect is only tempered by my sadness at the fact that Schneiderlin could so easily have been ours last summer itself, only for circumstances and a certain person to derail that dream. :p Like I said, throw United an inquiry, and if they try some horsebrick or propose stupid deals in return, let it go. We could use Carrick, but it isn't worth striking up a prolonged dialogue with United for: I quite like the fact that we hate them and are unlikely to willingly deal with them again post Berba. :)

yeah we could enquire but anyway a deal with Carrick has to be done primarily with Mrs carrick. She decides where and when they go anywhere and according to sources she loves it up north

This is the first game that comes to mind when I think of McCarthy because I remember watching the game and thinking, wow this guy deserves better. Wigan beat us that day.

That video really isn't that impressive... If that's a great game from him then yeah, I remain utterly unconvinced.

That video really isn't that impressive... If that's a great game from him then yeah, I remain utterly unconvinced.

sorry he didnt make any massive slide tackles (showing him out of position) or score a scorcher (which he won't be doing). Apologies.

exactly, based on that video id rather buy back Livermore rather than spend sh!tloads on McCarthy

i sincerely hope Everton dig their heels in and demand silly silly money which puts off Levy

sorry he didnt make any massive slide tackles (showing him out of position) or score a scorcher (which he won't be doing). Apologies.

hey, its not your fault Mccarthy is brick....you tried your best anyway to show he has something about him

Back