• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James McCarthy

come on you cannot bring this into it, i mean we never had a problem with a Welsh bloke called Gareth

well.. we did. until people eventually warmed to him. Plus he scored goals so people would generally like him. McCarthy is Irish and a defensive midfielder who rarely slide tackles (because of his brilliant positioning) and rarely scores (because its not his job), so its natural people wont rate him.

as well as the fact that people dont actually watch him play because he's an Everton player.

Im not against it as I think he has potential and he is a wee bit nasty which we need, just not sure hes better than what we have.

That's my argument

Is he better than we have? I don't think so

Would he be cheap enough to warrant the gamble? No I think they would want more than they paid (£13m) which puts him the bracket of high quality proven players and he hasn't shown that yet.

The reality is though we don't know of many alternatives (hence why is suggested Jedinak)

That's my argument

Is he better than we have? I don't think so

Would he be cheap enough to warrant the gamble? No I think they would want more than they paid (£13m) which puts him the bracket of high quality proven players and he hasn't shown that yet.

The reality is though we don't know of many alternatives (hence why is suggested Jedinak)

I think that the question should be "does he have qualities that would improve our team" rather than "is he better than what we have". I haven't watched him enough to answer that question.

What is he actually good at though?

Serious question as no one has given an answer yet

Yes they have but every time someone does you poo poo it, we get it you do not rate him but some do and when they say why they do you come up with

( Yet as we have been discussing all day his stats do not back any of that up)

Stats rarely tell the whole/true story, its all abut opinions and like you everyone is entitled to theirs.

Yes they have but every time someone does you poo poo it, we get it you do not rate him but some do and when they say why they do you come up with

( Yet as we have been discussing all day his stats do not back any of that up)

Stats rarely tell the whole/true story, its all abut opinions and like you everyone is entitled to theirs.

They don't tell the whole picture but they do demonstrate the facts... Not opinion

Opinions are like arseholes, we all have them

All I've asked is a reason why he is better than what we have. I've justified my view as to why not with factual informatioN.

The counter argument is so far that he isn't Ryan Mason (which he isn't) and then it's a case of opinions. That's why I come on here, for those opinions and a debate around them.

They don't tell the whole picture but they do demonstrate the facts... Not opinion

Opinions are like arseholes, we all have them

All I've asked is a reason why he is better than what we have. I've justified my view as to why not with factual informatioN.

The counter argument is so far that he isn't Ryan Mason (which he isn't) and then it's a case of opinions. That's why I come on here, for those opinions and a debate around them.

Well you are right about one thing at least. Your facts are stats?

Didn't McCarthy sign for Everton for 13m and hasn't he got 3 years left on his current contract?
So that would mean if we did bid for him, we're talking likely 18-20M.

Ask yourself, is he worth that amount, i.e. just 5-7M less than Schneiderlin (who most would probably agree is already overrated)?
How much better than McCarthy is Schneiderlin?

Didn't McCarthy sign for Everton for 13m and hasn't he got 3 years left on his current contract?
So that would mean if we did bid for him, we're talking likely 18-20M.

Ask yourself, is he worth that amount, i.e. just 5-7M less than Schneiderlin (who most would probably agree is already overrated)?
How much better than McCarthy is Schneiderlin?

Now that is a different situation, is McCarthy better then Mason? yes imo he is. Is he worth spending 20 mill on? probably not no. But then I do not think MS is worth 25 mill either. But prices are crazy no matter who we buy.

I think that the question should be "does he have qualities that would improve our team" rather than "is he better than what we have". I haven't watched him enough to answer that question.

which is a ruddy good question....

I would say yes he would bring different qualities to the table, compared to what we currently have, We would be more defensively 'sound' with him in our first 11, he has decent passing on par with Mason but without the ball he has far more awareness.

Out of interest, where do you think Ryan Mason CAN play?

further forward.. so basically, furthest away from defending.

I think he'd have been good to play behind Kane last season and allow Eriksen a rest. He started out as a forward, it's where he's best. Like a Lallana.

I think he'd have been good to play behind Kane last season and allow Eriksen a rest. He started out as a forward, it's where he's best. Like a Lallana.

I think i agree with that actually

yeah but Poch has converted him. Imagine, Poch played Mason in central midfield for practically a whole PL season against some of the best players in the world. Poch must be a mug

Back