• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

Well lets hope he stays fit and plays well, he has ability for sure.
Has a history of being a half-season man and disappearing in big games....i am beginning to think that's his ceiling.

Better than what we had but not good enough for a top 4 team.

Has the tools but not enough courage and determination imo. It's all in his head and thats the difference between above average and great. maddison is weak in the head, i can almost see him give up psychologically in games

Has a history of being a half-season man and disappearing in big games....i am beginning to think that's his ceiling.

Better than what we had but not good enough for a top 4 team.

Has the tools but not enough courage and determination imo. It's all in his head and thats the difference between above average and great. maddison is weak in the head, i can almost see him give up psychologically in games

Ca n not disagree with any of that, there is no doubt he has ability but he has always been a hit and miss player at his previous clubs. Seems like he is not going to change it here.

I'm quite happy for these interviews to die down or stop altogether. What with Ange's constant philosophising and life coaching interviews, we now have players who aren't walking the talk on the pitch coming out with this stuff.

Madds should know that we had these BS interviews from so called "leaders" like Kane as Spurs and England fans for years. I want to see Madds prove in the key moments on the pitch why he believes trophies is now in our DNA.

I vote for put up and shut up from the Spurs marketing comms team.

I'm quite happy for these interviews to die down or stop altogether. What with Ange's constant philosophising and life coaching interviews, we now have players who aren't walking the talk on the pitch coming out with this stuff.

Madds should know that we had these BS interviews from so called "leaders" like Kane as Spurs and England fans for years. I want to see Madds prove in the key moments on the pitch why he believes trophies is now in our DNA.

Think of all the trophies we'd have if they gave them out for talking.

Is he taking over Dier's role of talking up our chances before big games where we ultimately fail?

He would look like an idiot though if he turned round and said they are further along on their journey haven’t spend a fortune and aim a better place than us… imagine our fan base then

Post of the year.

So much for him talking up the rivalry like he’d be channeling van der Vaart today

Remember when we were apparently chasing Eze all summer, and ended up predictably cheaping out on him?

We've been playing a system that employs two attacking midfielders in Maddison and Kulusevski, and I think part of the reason for that is to make up for the fact that Maddison has declined tremendously as a footballer - at least we can get some creativity off Kulusevski.

If we had signed a top attacking midfielder, I would have initially expected him to start alongside Maddison. But I'm now wondering if he wouldn't have straight up replaced Maddison in the side and played alongside Kulu - that's how dull he's been recently.

All academic now however.

Remember when we were apparently chasing Eze all summer, and ended up predictably cheaping out on him?

We've been playing a system that employs two attacking midfielders in Maddison and Kulusevski, and I think part of the reason for that is to make up for the fact that Maddison has declined tremendously as a footballer - at least we can get some creativity off Kulusevski.

If we had signed a top attacking midfielder, I would have initially expected him to start alongside Maddison. But I'm now wondering if he wouldn't have straight up replaced Maddison in the side and played alongside Kulu - that's how dull he's been recently.

All academic now however.
Considering we signed Maddison in June 2023 I'd suggest you are embellishing things to suit your narrative that we chased Eze all summer to then cheap out on Maddison. He was one of the forst ones through the door for Ange...

Considering we signed Maddison in June 2023 I'd suggest you are embellishing things to suit your narrative that we chased Eze all summer to then cheap out on Maddison. He was one of the forst ones through the door for Ange...

This summer mate. Not last summer - we were apparently chasing Eze this summer.

Ended up balking at the release clause and not signing anyone there, because we apparently felt a kid from the Swedish Sunday league was enough cover.

How did you think I was referring to 2023 when I mentioned that any new midfielder would have started *alongside* Maddison to begin with? Difficult to do that if he isn't here, no? ;)

Back