• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

They should just have a rule that players playing for clubs in Europe are ineligible for international friendlies.

Thank UEFA this time. Nations League has only 3 teams in each league. Only 2 can play on any given evening meaning the other has to find a friendly. If UEFA had put us in groups of 4 then we'd have 3 home and 3 away and no friendlies. If they put us in groups of 5 and you only played each team once, we could only have 2 autumn windows.

Thank UEFA this time. Nations League has only 3 teams in each league. Only 2 can play on any given evening meaning the other has to find a friendly. If UEFA had put us in groups of 4 then we'd have 3 home and 3 away and no friendlies. If they put us in groups of 5 and you only played each team once, we could only have 2 autumn windows.
Thing is, the Nations League itself is a series of friendly games. If I remember, it was introduced to add a bit of a competitive edge to the friendlies played outside of World Cup/Euro qualifiers, but it is now morphing into an actual bona fide competition, or at least that is how it is presented. It's not though, well not in my eyes anyway (fwiw, which is zero).

Thing is, the Nations League itself is a series of friendly games. If I remember, it was introduced to add a bit of a competitive edge to the friendlies played outside of World Cup/Euro qualifiers, but it is now morphing into an actual bona fide competition, or at least that is how it is presented. It's not though, well not in my eyes anyway (fwiw, which is zero).

Technically not friendlies because it is linked to Euro's qualification and carries a trophy but I know where you've coming from. It replaced "pointless" friendlies and is supposed to match you to teams at your level. Thanks to Southgate, our current closest matches are Iceland and ROI :tearsofjoy:

I thought the games with Croatia and Spain were some of the best international football I've ever seen. They were hum dingers.

Pleased to see Harry get a couple on his big night. These type of games are so frustrating, apart from Gomes I don't think we've learned much, Lewis was a big improvement on Trippier but the defense weren't tested for a long period of time. I don't think you can take these last 2 results as a guide to whether Carsley should get the job, the opposition were very limited and wins were expected.

Back