• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Physically there is a considerable difference between the men's and women's game, don't see what has to do managing a team.
The right woman would be more effective from the sideline as the wrong man would be.
I would love that to be the case, absolutely no issues with it and its about being successful not the sex, so I need TP for my bunghole, the cynic in me though thinks a woman would be given a harder time of it by all in the game, not least the egos in the dressing room

I would love that to be the case, absolutely no issues with it and its about being successful not the sex, so I need TP for my bunghole, the cynic in me though thinks a woman would be given a harder time of it by all in the game, not least the egos in the dressing room
Unfortunately you are probably correct.
It's a bit of a no brainer when asked who would you rather have Sherwood, Rooney, lampard etc or a top female coach who knows how to win.
Probably is those being asked have no brains.

Unfortunately you are probably correct.
It's a bit of a no brainer when asked who would you rather have Sherwood, Rooney, lampard etc or a top female coach who knows how to win.
Probably is those being asked have no brains.

Arsen Wenger never played at a good standard of football but he weren't a bad coach.

Physically there is a considerable difference between the men's and women's game, don't see what has to do managing a team.
The right woman would be more effective from the sideline as the wrong man would be.

I just think they would have needed to manage a mens team before, even at a lower level as opposed to being parachuted into the England men’s national team job as their first role in the men’s game. It would smack more of a PC publicity stunt than a shrewd appointment.

Exactly! It's the same as was said about Ange. "He hasn't managed in a proper league."
If you know how to coach/manage and build success at any sort of top level, you're likely to have the ability to transfer that to another level.

If anything, it should be easier to get the ideas through with better players.

I just think they would have needed to manage a mens team before, even at a lower level as opposed to being parachuted into the England men’s national team job as their first role in the men’s game. It would smack more of a PC publicity stunt than a shrewd appointment.

I think the reverse, the higher you start the more likely the players will show the proper respect.

They all went through the same coaching courses.

I think the reverse, the higher you start the more likely the players will show the proper respect.

They all went through the same coaching courses.

Disagree. IMO I’d like to have seen them manage at some level in the men’s game before being fast-tracked into the England job. Trouble is I can totally see the FA doing it with a “oh look we were the first nation to hire a woman to coach the men, how progressive are we?” Rather than actually getting the best person for the job which is how it should be. There are coaches that have been linked with the job who have won the biggest honours in the men’s game or have coached men’s football at a high level. I’d have absolutely no problem with Wiegman getting the men’s U21 job for example but the national job is just too big for someone completely unproven at this level.

Disagree. IMO I’d like to have seen them manage at some level in the men’s game before being fast-tracked into the England job. Trouble is I can totally see the FA doing it with a “oh look we were the first nation to hire a woman to coach the men, how progressive are we?” Rather than actually getting the best person for the job which is how it should be. There are coaches that have been linked with the job who have won the biggest honours in the men’s game or have coached men’s football at a high level. I’d have absolutely no problem with Wiegman getting the men’s U21 job for example but the national job is just too big for someone completely unproven at this level.

Why would someone who has won the biggest honours in top tier football drop down that far to manage the England men’s team?

Men’s international football is a retirement home or a an early career boost.

I agree it should not matter. The right person is the right person. But I cannot even begin to imagine the thick skin that would be needed by a female manager. The misogyny would be absolutely off the scale.
But equally it would be difficult to legitimately criticise a female manager of the men’s team without being accused of the same misogyny, which would be wrong.
All moot anyway as it’s not going to happen until a female manager has managed a men’s league team.

Why would someone who has won the biggest honours in top tier football drop down that far to manage the England men’s team?

Men’s international football is a retirement home or a an early career boost.

Money. Potentially being the first person to win a trophy with England in 60 years.

Money, point.

I'm not sure there are many people winning a trophy with England appeals to, even more so if it's someone who still saw themselves at CL level.

I still think that challenge would appeal to some coaches. It will be like the next manager who wins something for Spurs but on a much grander scale. I get it’s not as glamorous as managing Barcelona, Real Madrid or Man United but the job still has a certain prestige to it.

Na il on the head [ IMO[.

I agree it should not matter. The right person is the right person. But I cannot even begin to imagine the thick skin that would be needed by a female manager. The misogyny would be absolutely off the scale.
But equally it would be difficult to legitimately criticise a female manager of the men’s team without being accused of the same misogyny, which would be wrong.
All moot anyway as it’s not going to happen until a female manager has managed a men’s league team.

It probably will happen one day but it seems too soon for someone who has never managed a mens team before to be given the top job in English football. Certainly the most high profile and most scrutinised. I’m all for getting the best person for the job but ensuring they get it on merit more than anything else. I wouldn’t want a man who has not coached at the men’s level either. Tbh when I heard Carsley’s name mentioned I wasn’t overly impressed but have since read up a bit on him and how he plays and I wouldn’t be against it but he wouldn’t be my number 1 choice. Football is a sport where people do copy each other (everyone copying Pep playing a false 9 for example) so maybe they want to try and emulate Spain who went for De La Fuente after his success at the U21 level.

It’s not just technical ability of the players imo, it’s interest and influence.

Also, my perception is they are more known and respected as managers than Carsley.
Your perception...

Lee Carsley is highly rated within the game and has reportedly turned down a few approaches by decent clubs.

I agree, no one should be handed a job as high profile as the England manager without earning it on merit and proving themselves.
The point stands though, despite the differences between the sexes on the pitch the differences in the dugout are at nothing.

Just as an aside, someone I listened to the other night who may have inside info was very, very keen on Jurgen klopp.
So keen that I was left wondering if he was dropping hints.

Back