• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

As much as its 2024 and we have come a long way, i don’t think a woman will get the respect being the coach of a mens team.

Yeah the awful football and others not showing for the ball etc. has to be taken into account but I just thought he was a bit slow and sluggish controlling the ball and played overly safe and backwards this tournament, more than was necessary.

Guehi also had a decent tournament, linked with Liverpool today.

I dont rate Pickford as much as some. I can't deny his important saves (which is obviously the most vital part of his job), But I do feel he is all over the place sometimes when trying to play out from the back and does little to calm the nerves lol. Also when he has no options (not his fault) and goes long a lot of his kicks go nowhere near the intended target
To be fair to Pickford he only had Kane to aim at when the press forced the ball back to him (regularly). Shearer claiming Pickford should be playing to his feet from 70 yards away wasn’t helpful.

But it did drive me round the twist. The central midfield was a major problem.

Last edited:
The problem honestly is

- For England, Kane should be the pivot (and certainly should have been for last 7 years)
- However, most of the supplying players, Sterling (funny @Gutter Boy), Saka, Grealish, even Foden come from City/Arsenal who for the majority of that time don't play with a central striker (more the false 9, rotational front line), and clearly they aren't being given instructions to counter that.
This makes a lot of sense, and we had more or less the same problems when Watkins came on to fulfill that role even if he did run in behind once or twice.

Lee fudging Carsley.

Both Hayes and Weigman are miles ahead of him.

Hayes is interesting, when you look at fan following, enthusiasm and potential influence, I think there is an argument that the USAWNT is as big a job as the England men’s team right now.

Lee fudging Carsley.

Both Hayes and Weigman are miles ahead of him.

Hayes is interesting, when you look at fan following, enthusiasm and potential influence, I think there is an argument that the USAWNT is as big a job as the England men’s team right now.

Plays good football from what I’ve seen. Won a trophy with England as well. What makes you say Hayes and Weigman are miles ahead of him when they’ve never managed in the men’s game?

I don't pretend to know the thinking at the English FA but I would assume the U21 manager would be following the strategy of the England manager and its looked that way in the limited few games ive seen of U21's. Carsley would not be my choice, I think the lady who was at Chelsea should have been given a chance at mens level, she looked far better than Lampard. I haven't a clue who should get the job but would like to see someone with a more adventurous style of play, ideally the candidate should be someone who doesn't care about getting the sack or being torn to pieces by media and fans after 3 or 4 poor games.

Na, absolutely no chance. After seeing last night our U21s wipe the floor with the national England side, it would not even be close.
It’s not just technical ability of the players imo, it’s interest and influence.

Also, my perception is they are more known and respected as managers than Carsley.

Back