• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Are you honestly suggesting Brad has performed so much better than Lloris in order to guarantee his place?

Back to my original question - based on what is Brad ahead of him?

Lloris has made mistakes directly leading to goals conceded where pretty much a lot of the blame for the goal went down on the keeper. Brad you could argue has made no such errors, despite you claiming that he "could have done better" with someone's shot - 2 be fair, most goals conceded in football it could be argued the defence/keeper could have done better, as the MOTD pundits like Hanson/Lawro like to drone on about every week whenever a goal is analysed.

No because your 'error magnitude' is a load of crap.

If you can't see the mistakes he's made then there is clearly zero point in having a 'discussion' with you.

If you make mistakes in the easier games, you are going to make a hell of a lot more mistakes in the harder games.

Making mistakes in the easier games where there is zero pressure is much more concerning, especially compared with making mistakes in much bigger pressure environments facing superior players who are more likely to force you into mistakes.

In any case, most of the 'mistakes' you have attributed to Friedel aren't even mistakes, they are just your excuse to bash him.

of course he can't see it ffs...you just realising this now?

No because your 'error magnitude' is a load of crap.

Not at all - it either works both ways or none at all (mistakes-wise that is)

If you can't see the mistakes he's made then there is clearly zero point in having a 'discussion' with you.

Can you list those, please - I've asked you now for the 3rd time - educate me.

If you make mistakes in the easier games, you are going to make a hell of a lot more mistakes in the harder games.

This isn't a mathematical equation and there is absolutely no proof into that

Making mistakes in the easier games where there is zero pressure is much more concerning, especially compared with making mistakes in much bigger pressure environments facing superior players who are more likely to force you into mistakes.

There is no such thing as easy games - that is a faux-argument constructed and fueled by yourself and other anti-Lloris supportes in order to degrade/devalue Lloris' peformances in the EL/CoC games. I simply used that example to outline the severe shortcomings in the logic used. In any case - we have 100 times more chance to win a cup there than winning the PL anyway - I can assure you the EL is being taken seriously by Avi B

In any case, most of the 'mistakes' you have attributed to Friedel aren't even mistakes, they are just your excuse to bash him.

So Hugo's mistakes are not even being listed but used as scietific proof he'd fail in the PL :)lol:) eventhough his only PL game to date he's kept our ONLY PL clean sheet to date and looked a 7/10 - while Brad's mistakes are not actually mistakes?

Please take some time to read this again and just consider it for a minute or two

Lloris has made mistakes directly leading to goals conceded where pretty much a lot of the blame for the goal went down on the keeper. Brad you could argue has made no such errors, despite you claiming that he "could have done better" with someone's shot - 2 be fair, most goals conceded in football it could be argued the defence/keeper could have done better, as the MOTD pundits like Hanson/Lawro like to drone on about every week whenever a goal is analysed.

Please list what mistake has Lloris comitted which have led to goals other than Maribor

Brad has at least 5 of those to date

You need to use the same cireteria for both - not just the one you dislike

Brad doesn't 'get' the Wigan defeat - please refrain from insinuating things I never said. However Brad takes considerable blame for their 'goal'. His saves were largerly shots which were aimed straight at him and simply bounced off his body - no reflexes / no diving involed - but that's another argument alltogether.

Prior to that 'winner' at Norwich, Lloris was the only reason that kept us in the game with actual saves - else we would have lost 3-4 goals down as they were ripping us open.

I also said it was his best game to date - not the greatest game ever.

My memory of the Norwich game (although hazy) was that actually we looked fairly comfortable and in control for the most part before conceding during a rocky patch and we didn't deserve to lose the game overall. But there you go.

Not at all - it either works both ways or none at all (mistakes-wise that is)

Can you list those, please - I've asked you now for the 3rd time - educate me.

This isn't a mathematical equation and there is absolutely no proof into that

There is no such thing as easy games - that is a faux-argument constructed and fueled by yourself and other anti-Lloris supportes in order to degrade/devalue Lloris' peformances in the EL/CoC games. I simply used that example to outline the severe shortcomings in the logic used. In any case - we have 100 times more chance to win a cup there than winning the PL anyway - I can assure you the EL is being taken seriously by Avi B

So Hugo's mistakes are not even being listed but used as scietific proof he'd fail in the PL :)lol:) eventhough his only PL game to date he's kept our ONLY PL clean sheet to date and looked a 7/10 - while Brad's mistakes are not actually mistakes?

Please take some time to read this again and just consider it for a minute or two

Seriously? That's such a load of crap i can't believe your coming out with it.

So if a Keeper plays well in league one he is ready to play in the PL? According to you he must be because there are no easy games.

There's no hope. I've come to terms with it now kingdawson.

of course he can't see it ffs...you just realising this now?

Instad of sniping from the sides with a predictable wum-like comment - why don't you list those and enter some kind of debate on here?

You're the 3rd poster I've requested to list Lloris grand errors to date?

Please list what mistake has Lloris comitted which have led to goals other than Maribor

Brad has at least 5 of those to date

You need to use the same cireteria for both - not just the one you dislike

Maribor is the main one, also Norwich's winner in the cup was a lot down to LLoris in my mind. The thing is as a percentage of the playing time LLoris has had this is pretty significant.

And I honestly can't think of a mistake Freidel has made that has directly let to us conceeding in that we have scored a goal that could be significantly put down to the keeper's error.

At the end of the day, like one of the posters above has said, as soon as Lloris displays these all-conquering goalkeeping skills that some seem to think he has, he will oust Freidel from the team.

At the moment I'd probably struggle to justify dropping Freidel to his face, and with the rest of the squad other than "well i kind of need to play Lloris because he's the French no 1 and he cost us shed loads of money"...

Freidel simply hasn't done anything wrong and Lloris simply hasn't done better than him when played. He needs to because at the start of the season AVB said Freidel was no. 1 until the shirt was taken off him, which is how it should be done.

Seriously? That's such a load of crap i can't believe your coming out with it.

So if a Keeper plays well in league one he is ready to play in the PL? According to you he must be because there are no easy games.

There's no hope. I've come to terms with it now kingdawson.

You just said he needs to prove himself there first.

Is that all you managed to extract from that response?

Actually Lloris has played in the PL, didn't fail, kept our only clean sheet to date and did a 7/10 overall. Did that not happen at all?

And I honestly can't think of a mistake Freidel has made that has directly let to us conceeding in that we have scored a goal that could be significantly put down to the keeper's error.

If you genienely feel that way, I believe any further debate on this with you would be fruitless - with respect.

Maribor is the main one, also Norwich's winner in the cup was a lot down to LLoris in my mind. The thing is as a percentage of the playing time LLoris has had this is pretty significant.

At the end of the day, like one of the posters above has said, as soon as Lloris displays these all-conquering goalkeeping skills that some seem to think he has, he will oust Freidel from the team.

At the moment I'd probably struggle to justify dropping Freidel to his face, and with the rest of the squad other than "well i kind of need to play Lloris because he's the French no 1 and he cost us shed loads of money"...

Freidel simply hasn't done anything wrong and Lloris simply hasn't done better than him when played. He needs to because at the start of the season AVB said Freidel was no. 1 until the shirt was taken off him, which is how it should be done.

+1

as soon as Lloris displays these all-conquering goalkeeping skills that some seem to think he has, he will oust Freidel from the team.

Out of interest - how is he meant to achieve that if the EL/CoC games are considered pointless tinkle-easy waste of time and therefore not used as significant criteria to judge while he's dropped for the PL irrespective?

Do people dislike Hugo, or just dislike your relentless desperation to throw Brad under the bus? I know which applies to me.

I don't dislike Brad - simply use objectivity when analysing his performances which apparently is regarded as an attack on him.

Selecting a-contextual little quotes is really grand - great contribution to this debate, mate

If you genienely feel that way, I believe any further debate on this with you would be fruitless - with respect.

You care to name these errors Freidel has made that have directly led to us conceding? And no i'm not talking about the sort of - "could have done a bit better with dzeko's point-blank volleyed shot that whistled about an inch past his face at 100 mph"

I'm talking about stuff like trying to dribble past on-rushing strikers and hitting the ball against them so it rolls into the net or dropping crosses infront of strikers type fudge-ups.

If you really feel that way (I can respect that as much as I disagree) then surely you cannot regard Brad's mistakes as 'mistakes' - assuming you're using the same criteria / measuring stick to examine errors.

So - either both have made mistakes - in different competitions

- or both have been fairly decent so no way could the one be said to own the shirt fo Saturday

Out of interest - how is he meant to achieve that if the EL/CoC games are considered pointless tinkle-easy waste of time and therefore not used as significant criteria to judge while he's dropped for the PL irrespective?

He'd achieve that by doing every single thing you could conceivably ask of him while winning us points in these games with oustanding saves.

Unfortunately he didn't cover himself in glory in us getting knocked out by Norwich in the League Cup and in the Europa League he fudged up against Maribor and didn't look comfortable on a couple of occasions with crosses in the Maribor home game as well as some of the other Europa games he's played in.

His one start in the PL was decent no problems, but it was against an extremely unadventurous Aston Villa team and i'm afraid decent isn't any better than Freidel, therefore Freidel is the no 1 and remains so until Loris proves he's better.

You care to name these errors Freidel has made that have directly led to us conceding? And no i'm not talking about the sort of - "could have done a bit better with dzeko's point-blank volleyed shot that whistled about an inch past his face at 100 mph"

I'm talking about stuff like trying to dribble past on-rushing strikers and hitting the ball against them so it rolls into the net or dropping crosses infront of strikers type fudge-ups.

How about punching corners into opponents for tap ins

Or taking 7 seconds to get down for low-placed shots

Or staying glued to his line while Nani taps in from the goal-line

And why exactly are you choosing to ignore Dzeko's shot - many keepers could have saved that?

Unfortunately he didn't cover himself in glory in us getting knocked out by Norwich in the League Cup

His quality saves prior to that kept to score under 3:0 down - funny how you chose to ignore that

and in the Europa League he fudged up against Maribor and didn't look comfortable on a couple of occasions with crosses in the Maribor home game as well as some of the other Europa games he's played in.

He has looked very solid in all those games and - what mistake can you name other than the Maribor home game?

His one start in the PL was decent no problems, but it was against an extremely unadventurous Aston Villa team

You mean like Wigan, Norwich, WBA, and QPR?

This is what you asked from him - He'd achieve that by doing every single thing you could conceivably ask of him while winning us points in these games with oustanding saves

So you disregard his good performance against Villa completely - Why so?

And then speak about winning points with good saves - something Brad hasn't done all season?

Back