• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

No - personally I don't buy that for one second. Especially seeing how players such as Dempsey, Gallas, and Walker a regulars despite poor form - I'd say he'd give everyone a fair chance.

You are answering a different question to the one I asked.

I think most people would agree that if we done a poll across Europe lloris would get a lot of votes to be in the top 5 of keepers in Europe . Now if we had a midfielder or forward who was in the top 5 in Europe he would be the first name on the team sheet ..

Do you think that it is possible that he doesn't fancy him and that the club bought him because they thought it was good business?

its possible that AVB told Levy he was happy with the keepers, we didnt need Lloris, and it would have been better to spend the 8 or 9m on making a better bid for Willian or Moutinho

Yes - and many keepers could have caught Holt's header - right? I mean you attributed that as a massive error for Hugo - while Brad's similar fudge up you're quick to disregard. Why so?

Because it isn't a fudge up - a shot hit hard on the volley that close to goal is 7 times out of 10 going in and while it 'may' be technically savable if the keeper is having a good day it wouldn't be an expected save it would be an unexpected heroic save- Freidel didn't do anything wrong against dzeko it wasn't keeper error. It was slack marking letting him run in behind and a great pass by silva followed by a cool, accurate finish.

Yes, he had a great game, last season - what is your point? Lloris saved a penalty against Spain few weeks ago. But we are talking about showing superior form to Lloris this season in order to guarantee his place - something he hasn't done at the moment, imv[/QUOTE]

I think most people would agree that if we done a poll across Europe lloris would get a lot of votes to be in the top 5 of keepers in Europe . Now if we had a midfielder or forward who was in the top 5 in Europe he would be the first name on the team sheet ..

Who do you think would miss out to Lloris:

Casillas, Valdés, Neuer, Cech, Buffon, Krul, Hart, de Gea, Patricio, Stekelenburg, Vorm, Akinfeev?

a french journo on Talksport just said that Lloris has been talking about leaving Spurs in Jan. He said Lloris was told he would be number one whilst talks over his transfer were going on and he would never have signed if he was told that he would be number two for Friedel until next summer

a french journo on Talksport just said that Lloris has been talking about leaving Spurs in Jan. He said Lloris was told he would be number one whilst talks over his transfer were going on and he would never have signed if he was told that he would be number two for Friedel until next summer

Very odd situation we've got ourselves in here. I can understand the logic of wanting a long term replacement for Friedel and getting them in now, but in just one year Friedel has proven himself to be our best ever Premier League era keeper and is playing superbly this season too and simply doesn't deserve to be dropped. But then I can't really blame for Lloris for getting frustrated as he is a very highly rated keeper and is too good for our bench.

I wouldn't say Friedel is playing superbly this year, he's not doing much wrong though.

I would. His positioning and anticipation is some of the best I've ever seen from a keeper. It's not poor finishing or luck that the vast amount of shots at Friedel seem to be straight at him. The only thing wrong with Friedel is that we didn't buy him a decade ago.

I would. His positioning and anticipation is some of the best I've ever seen from a keeper. It's not poor finishing or luck that the vast amount of shots at Friedel seem to be straight at him. The only thing wrong with Friedel is that we didn't buy him a decade ago.

Ok, I think we just disagree then, no issues.

Coys

Phillipe Auclair (respected French Journo) said on TalkSport that he's looked at the Lloris quotes and all he said was he was enjoying himself at the club. Didn't say he wanted to leave, but when it was suggested anything could happen in Jan he didn't rule anything out.

Although he's also tweeted the following today:

"A player can be registered for 3 clubs in 1 season, but can only play for 2: Lloris has already played for OL + Spurs = #nomoveinjanuary."

However, lets not pretend that Levy would let him leave anyway. A real non-story that IF it happened would only result is LESS football.

Phillipe Auclair (respected French Journo) said on TalkSport that he's looked at the Lloris quotes and all he said was he was enjoying himself at the club. Didn't say he wanted to leave, but when it was suggested anything could happen in Jan he didn't rule anything out.

Although he's also tweeted the following today:

"A player can be registered for 3 clubs in 1 season, but can only play for 2: Lloris has already played for OL + Spurs = #nomoveinjanuary."

However, lets not pretend that Levy would let him leave anyway. A real non-story that IF it happened would only result is LESS football.

Auclair said that journalists have pretty much forced the words into his mouth by asking him the question 'But anything can happen in football, right?'
When Lloris's profesional answers are then translated into English it can look far worse than the reality.

Auclair said that journalists have pretty much forced the words into his mouth by asking him the question 'But anything can happen in football, right?'
When Lloris's profesional answers are then translated into English it can look far worse than the reality.

Exactly, if you look at Lloris' actual quotes ever since he's signed he's been nothing but professional.

COYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back