• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Look you delusional poster, AVB is not a "fudging fool" for persisting with a Goalie that's playing very well. In fact the fools are the people that still don't get why Friedel is starting.

Delusional for wanting the best player in a position? Righto.

He's persisting with a goalie that's playing on a 6.5/10 - and soon will play a goalie which is playing even better

We are yet to keep a clean sheet in the PL under Brad, mind you

Last edited:
Delusional for wanting the best player in a position? Righto.

He's persisting with a goalie that's playing on a 6.5/10 - and soon will play a goalie which is playing even better

We are yet to keep a clean sheet in the PL, mind you

yep allllll Brad's fault. just like if we don't score it's alllll Defoe's fault, if we don't create it's allllll the attacking midfielders fault etc etc. So if we let 2 goals in 1 game we might as well not even analyse the match...it's Friedel's fault automatically for letting the opposition score 2 goals.

You're transforming into a big time hater and it's amusing to see it unfold. Hopefully Brad will have a few more top class games which will result in you self destructing (not literally of course but i would take great pleasure in seeing a few more posts where you try desperately to put the blame on Brad for things that are clearly not his fault).

BRAD FRIEDELLLLL, BRAD FRIEDELLLL NUMBERRRRR ONEEEEEE....SUPERRRR BRADDDDD...SUPER BRADDDDD......

Brad friedel this season is a 6.5 but Hugo Lloris gets an 8 for the Lazio game:ross::ross:

This is beautiful viewing, it's a work of art. Continue Arcspace :ross:

So I'm a 'hater' for wanting the best player for a position? Hell yes, I am then.

You can't have it either way - he either takes some of the blame for the goals or those stats Joey posted earlier mean absolutely fudge all because they were down to his defenders and all that (just like some were saying Lloris' clean sheet against Lazio had nothing to do with him and was due to Johnny Vertical and the rest)

Last edited:
I would have given Brad the exact same rating if it was his debut against Lazio (with a virtually identical performance) - I qualified that already in the ratings thread at the time - go and have a look.

If you honestly in your heart of heart feel Lloris gets an 8 rating vs Lazio and Friedel a 6.5 for the season then quite frankly you're a big time hater. If however you're just saying it but don't really feel it then on this occasion you're not a hater and are maybe just doing it because you rate Lloris so highly you're making things up to go in his favour (maybe you're not even doing it intentionally). Either way it is rather amusing.

The best one was when you gave Friedel a 6 rating vs QPR...man that was a classic:ross:

Every player (in my books) starts with a default rating of 6/10

He was at fault for the goal - - 1 point

Had below average distribution throughout the game - - 1 point

He also made a good reflex save from Hill early in the game - + 1 pont

He also punched away two shots straight at him and claimed a few croses - + 1 point

= 6/10

Lloris - kept a clean sheet - + 1 point

- it was his debut - + 0.5 bonus point

- looked good on crosses, no flaps - + 0.5 point

- he also had some good distribution but won't rate him for that

= 8/10

Last edited:
Tbh i don't think you honestly go with that criteria when you're doing the ratings. In fact i'd go as far as say you made it up now but then i have no evidence to support my claim. Giving someone plus points for simply being their debut is weird though anyway but whatever.

The Friedel issue is irrelevant right now. I am absolutely livid that Cudicini played last night. I can understand the logic in keeping your in form gk in the team and allowing Lloris time to blend in with his new team mates, but surely last night was a perfect opportunity for that? I don't care if its "only" Carlisle, its game time and Lloris should have had it. Utter fudging madness if he's not injured, AVB has handled this disgracefully

Every player (in my books) starts with a default rating of 6/10

He was at fault for the goal - - 1 point

Had below average distribution throughout the game - - 1 point

He also made a good reflex save from Hill early in the game - + 1 pont

He also punched away two shots straight at him and claimed a few croses - + 1 point

= 6/10

Lloris - kept a clean sheet - + 1 point

- it was his debut - + 0.5 bonus point

- looked good on crosses, no flaps - + 0.5 point

- he also had some good distribution but won't rate him for that

= 8/10

Friedel get minus one for his distribution vs QPR and Lloris gets 0.5 for it being his debut. Also you deduct friedel 1 for poor distribution but state you didn't rate lloris' good distribution. All a bit fishy to me but whatever.

His distribution is a chornic issue for me and something which always results in unnecessary loss of possession (and worse so when we're chasing games and need it the most). I'm sick to death of those long aimless punts to Defoe (!) which 99% of the time are lost balls. Might as well pass it back to their keeper, ffs. Therefore I will always rate him against that, sorry.

Lloris is suppossedly the sweeper-keeper AVB was looking at initailly (as a position) - someone who can carry out the ball from the back via the defenders/on the ground - something we've been doing well this season. You must have noticed we hardly every hoof from the back and always look to play feet which is mighty encouraging to see (and possibly part of the reason players like Dawson are as good as gone)

The fudging state of this thread

I don't understand why it's hard for some people to grasp that wanting Lloris in the team doesn't mean you are hating on Friedel and why such a big deal is being made out of how people choose to rate the performances of each - this doedn't need to become a devisive topic, but sadly some will be intent on making it one.

(just like some were saying Lloris' clean sheet against Lazio had nothing to do with him and was due to Johnny Vertical and the rest)
I think that clean sheet was mostly down to Lazio showing very little ambition to win the game. Not that Hugo wouldn't have made the saves if required, but he wasn't required.

Lloris is suppossedly the sweeper-keeper AVB was looking at initailly (as a position) - someone who can carry out the ball from the back via the defenders/on the ground - something we've been doing well this season. You must have noticed we hardly every hoof from the back and always look to play feet which is mighty encouraging to see (and possibly part of the reason players like Dawson are as good as gone)
With Brad in goal, you mean?

I don't get the mad rush, Brad's played very well for us so far this season, AVB shouldn't be dropping performing players, it sends out the wrong message to the rest of them. Lloris' turn will come.

Back