• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Personally I think Brad is a good keeper but I think Hugo is a better one. I also think he is one of the very best in terms of coming off his line. I have really been impressed with the number of times he has moved swiftly to collect the ball from the toes of an attacker

You got it, apparently some people don't, but hey Stop! Hammer time. What is funny is that some people think they know about football, but apparently they don't have a scooby :)
To repeat Hugo is better than Brad, he was better than Brad when we signed him, and those who couldn't/can't grasp that, fair play. But people who claim to know to know about world football, hilarious :)

Last edited:
I don't think many are denying this it's just some are saying that AVB should have made Lloris no.1 from the start but I believe AVB handled the situation perfectly. Anyway we'll never know if we would have got more points with Lloris in goal ahead of Friedel so this discussion will keep going round in circles

It will indeed, I think AVB's treatment of Hugo was a scandal and for a long time I couldn't support him because of that and the Dawson situation, now he's seen sense, so fair enough.

At least AVB is quicker on the uptake than some of our posters and indeed other Spurs fans over this, so well done AVB.

Last edited:
I'm really surprised the american thinks friedel should still be our starter. Look, we all love Brad, we all want him to stay on and be our coach. but you'd have to be blind not to see that Lloris is a better goalkeeper, now, and the potential to far exceed Brad.

Don't see it as a negative, see it as an amazing thing for Spurs!

Hey I'm American...

Lloris is the better keeper. Friedels got to be one of the better backups in the league though.

It will indeed, I think AVB's treatment of Hugo was a scandal and for a long time I couldn't support him because of that and the Dawson situation, now he's seen sense, so fair enough.

At least AVB is quicker on the uptake than some of our posters and indeed other Spurs fans over this, so well done AVB.

oui oui monsieur, same with me but in the opposite way

don't worry, everyone has dips. well, friedel has never had a dip in his career, cause he's played oh.. 10 seasons straight until this season? lets see if lloris does the same. if he does, then all credit to him =D>

'Seen sense'

More like adapted to a changing situation.

FFS! Is anyone else getting fudged off by this tirade of playground bickering about who is the best keeper? Well, shall we decide by which player has the biggest dad?

I mean, surely the end statement is that Friedel was decent for us whilst he played behind the sticks. Lloris is now playing in goal and he has been very good since he has started playing.

We all have our own opinions of which keeper is better but those are the facts. And all this talking around in circles gets us nowhere as noone seems to be willing to budge in their views. I'm all for opinions and talk about different things but to talk the same things over and over again, its pointless!

exactly. some mythical fifa/reputation rating means nothing. spurs would be in the same exact position they are now if brad was starting.

such short memories some people have, brad was saving games by himself early in the season.

now that the defense has settled down and hugo is barely facing anything, that doesnt mean anything.

:ross:

You got it, apparently some people don't, but hey Stop! Hammer time. What is funny is that some people think they know about football, but apparently they don't have a scooby :)
To repeat Hugo is better than Brad, he was better than Brad when we signed him, and those who couldn't/can't grasp that, fair play. But people who claim to know to know about world football, hilarious :)

Who's saying Brad is better than Hugo? No one! What is being said, imo quite rightly is that it would have been wrong to just chuck him into the team and risk him floundering in his first few games (with no pre-season to get used to his new team mates) a bit like gomes or De gea. AVB handled the situation perfectly and I just can't agree with you if you believe differently!

Who's saying Brad is better than Hugo? No one! What is being said, imo quite rightly is that it would have been wrong to just chuck him into the team and risk him floundering in his first few games (with no pre-season to get used to his new team mates) a bit like gomes or De gea. AVB handled the situation perfectly and I just can't agree with you if you believe differently!

this this and this.

Honestly speaking , i give up . any rational person on the street wouldnt or at least shouldn't try to put up with or influence the mind of someone that has a mentality that resembles cult-ish or zealot like behaviour. Yet for some reason because its happening online the rules should apply differently? No they most definitely should not..i appreciate this and maybe there is hope of looking at things more objectively from now on.[-o<

in short, AVB handled everything perfectly well. even in hindsight i feel the way he warmed Lloris in with the easier games and gradually established him as number 1 was done correctly..distractions of Lloris v Freidel on this forum aside i thought both goal keepers showed what they were made of ..good competition for both in the build up to winner

I'm still not sure where the bonafide world class tag comes from though, i see a solid and good goal keeper..... haven't seen much to indicate he's definitely world class.....the run in over the next 10 games appears to be riddled with various types of teams and levels....LLoris will have his chance to show everyone how good he is.....other observers of our team actually already see him as one of the best in the league....or at least going to to be...so the judgement is universal and i think that boils down to AVB's handling of things.

Back