• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

stick with what works imo, let Parker be busy for an hour then when Wigan are (hopefully) worn down bring him on to exploit the space

This. Totally agree thats what we should do.

And the last times Hudd started, he wasnt good at all (Norwich at home, Leeds away spring to mind).

stick with what works imo, let Parker be busy for an hour then when Wigan are (hopefully) worn down bring him on to exploit the space

This he was brilliant against City credit to him but let's not get carried away. We have no proof he can play 90 minutes and for most of the season he has been really poor

I don't see the need to officially move Hudd on. If we move to 4-3-3 next season, even if we bring in someone in his mould to play infront of the defence, is capable of receiving the ball and spraying passes, the guy could still play potentially loads of games, especially if he started playing consistently and leaving up to his potential.

I was going to say we could have Hudd and another deep lying playmaker, Holtby and Carrol, plus Sigurdsson and one other attacking midfielder to fill 6 spots, assuming we would let Livermore and Parker go, but then I totally forgot about Sandro.

I could get that argument if Parker had been good this season, but he's pretty much been average at best.

fair point but even when Parker is not at his best he puts himself about when he is out there. I fear Hudd won't be up to play 90 minutes as he hasn't proved that all season long. Rather play the safe route and bring him on against tired legs like Sunday

Parker is exactly what we need, about as good a #2 DM as you can expect. Fully expect Sandro to own that spot next season, with Parker getting cup games and covering, coming on later to give Sandro a rest. If he was our only DM I would get the stupid comments, but he is getting older, will probably be fine with a smaller part to play at Spurs.

Re Hudd, he's got to deliver, promise has been there for some years, we need him to play as well as he did against City between now and end of season, and he could potentially play a part for us next. But a lot of that will be what he shows AVB on the training ground.

Hud and Modric was a good partnership back in 2010. We were sound defensively because they kept possession so well, bit like the way Barca defend. He has his limitations but they are not insurmountable.

fair point but even when Parker is not at his best he puts himself about when he is out there. I fear Hudd won't be up to play 90 minutes as he hasn't proved that all season long. Rather play the safe route and bring him on against tired legs like Sunday

He might put himself about, but he hasn't been nearly close to his best from a purely defensive viewpoint either this season. There's more to defending than "putting yourself about".

Safe route, schmafe route. I want to see us play players that allow us to take control of matches and create problems for them throughout the game. Waiting around for an hour to then make a change to make us play well seems far from safe to me.

Parker is exactly what we need, about as good a #2 DM as you can expect. Fully expect Sandro to own that spot next season, with Parker getting cup games and covering, coming on later to give Sandro a rest. If he was our only DM I would get the stupid comments, but he is getting older, will probably be fine with a smaller part to play at Spurs.

Re Hudd, he's got to deliver, promise has been there for some years, we need him to play as well as he did against City between now and end of season, and he could potentially play a part for us next. But a lot of that will be what he shows AVB on the training ground.

What stupid comments have there been about Parker in this thread recently?

Hudd has not played much this season but has still got 6 assists, including 4 in the league. Almost all his assists have been crucial as well as it came against ManCity home and away, Everton away and Soutampton away and also the all-important goal against Basel to force extra time.

I think Hudd could have been a key player for us if he had been injury-free and consistent. But can't see him staying at Spurs too long as he is already 27 this season and needs to play regularly which we cannot guarantee.

Hudd has not played much this season but has still got 6 assists, including 4 in the league. Almost all his assists have been crucial as well as it came against ManCity home and away, Everton away and Soutampton away and also the all-important goal against Basel to force extra time.

I think Hudd could have been a key player for us if he had been injury-free and consistent. But can't see him staying at Spurs too long as he is already 27 this season and needs to play regularly which we cannot guarantee.
There's something fundamentally illogical about your conclusion. What you're saying is, an unfit, injury-prone Hudd has been disproportionately influential in the games he's played. Ergo, you should argue, imagine how important he could be to us next season if he's back to full match fitness and stays injury free.

There's something fundamentally illogical about your conclusion. What you're saying is, an unfit, injury-prone Hudd has been disproportionately influential in the games he's played. Ergo, you should argue, imagine how important he could be to us next season if he's back to full match fitness and stays injury free.

This is no place for Latin - other than Audere est Facere, that is. Esto.

Hud and Modric was a good partnership back in 2010. We were sound defensively because they kept possession so well, bit like the way Barca defend. He has his limitations but they are not insurmountable.

Believe it or not Hudd played most of that season alongside Wilson, the Hudd/Modric pairing was only used in 5 of the last 8 games.

Modric - Huddlestone - Palacios - Lennon

That was the most used midfield that year if I'm not mistaken.

Modric was out of three months from September to December 2009
Lennon picked up an injury against West Ham on the boxing day if not the end of December , and didn't return until April correct me if i am wrong.

Basically only Hudd and Palacios played most of the game. Kranjcar and Bale did contributed in different stage (and also Bentley :lol: )

Whats funny is that I thought things will have changed from the start of the season but it obviously hasnt (regarding peoples mentality and justification on this board)

Yeah lets get rid of all the back ups and buy in better for a lot more money than we would reap from the sales. Then lets make sure they all gel before the new season. fudgein funny.

Last summer - Thudd, Parker, Dawson et al were all touted on here as yeah lets get rid and buy x player for £x haha yeah cos that will happen. People just wanna get rid without identifying the cost of replacing such a player. Considering that we have been short in numbers this season I know it is worthwhile keeping the likes of Thudd, Parker etc...

Concentrate on the more pertinent positions such as Strikeforce.

Whats funny is that I thought things will have changed from the start of the season but it obviously hasnt (regarding peoples mentality and justification on this board)

Yeah lets get rid of all the back ups and buy in better for a lot more money than we would reap from the sales. Then lets make sure they all gel before the new season. fudgein funny.

Last summer - Thudd, Parker, Dawson et al were all touted on here as yeah lets get rid and buy x player for £x haha yeah cos that will happen. People just wanna get rid without identifying the cost of replacing such a player. Considering that we have been short in numbers this season I know it is worthwhile keeping the likes of Thudd, Parker etc...

Concentrate on the more pertinent positions such as Strikeforce.

Dude, if we were to go through all the threads to see what people actually wanted there would be some serious inconsistencies for all of us.

Back