• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
macaronic doesn't even begin to describe some people. Bringing on a striker doesn't mean an automatic goal ffs. How many times have we brought on Defoe and switched to a 4-4-2 when things were not going to plan, only to look and play even more brick and not even create any decent chance? it's happened so often this season but people still don't want to register it in their thick heads and continue this flimflam.

He put on Parker so we can get hold of the ball more, to keep possesion, and to hopefully create chances from it. "Put on Defoe, put on Defoe" oh shut up with that flimflam.

I could not care if it was Defoe or Saha but we did not look like scoring from open play today. Our shots on goal were at best back passes or way over the bar. I assume you watched the match right? Because we dominated possession but did not cause them many problems. When you keep trying the same thing and it does not work in a match there is no harm in trying something else. And if you don't, well that is what I call flimflam

We didn't have any trouble holding on to the ball at all throughout the second half, we dominated possession up until the final whistle. What we needed was someone who can create themselves a chance, or at the very least take up another defender and give Adebayor a chance to get in to some space

Are you the poster that said a draw is the same as a loss btw?

We were losing so he was about to bring on Defoe.

We then get a penalty and score so he tells Defoe to sit sown

Much later in the match he brings on Parker for VDV

Can someone tell me after watching that match why Harry settled for a draw?

Because that is how it looked to me

The Defoe sub sums it up for me. His logic was Adebayor isn't doing enough, I'll sub him off for Defoe. Then Ade scores the pen. Now Redknapp things "oh fudge I can't sub off the scorer, that will look bad". I mean that's some departed playing to the media management right there.

Or you guys are just going off on one and acting like Harry set us out for a draw right from the start. Thats how you guys are acting. It was four or five minutes where he (as you guys think anyways) went for a draw.

I agree he shoulda put on Defoe but I dont agree he settled for a draw and certainly dont agree that we are a bunch of bottlers etc

The Defoe sub sums it up for me. His logic was Adebayor isn't doing enough, I'll sub him off for Defoe. Then Ade scores the pen. Now Redknapp things "oh fudge I can't sub off the scorer, that will look bad". I mean that's some departed playing to the media management right there.

He was never going to take off Ade. He woulda taken off VDV

Oh my GHod

Ok I am going to say this once and once only because it seems that some people on here are utterly fudgein clueless.

By bringing on Parker you allowed Modric, Lennon AND BALE further upfield to support Ade. You also allowed one of Kaboul and Gallas more upfield. Not to mention walker.

So HE DID NOT SETTLE FOR A fudgeIN DRAW. He changed a formation to be more attacking WITH ONLY TEN MEN

why did he leave it so late to make the change ?

we needed a goal, villa were offering nothing and im not even so sure that Parker coming on was needed for us to attack with more of a threat

i know you like to defend Harry but man up and admit that he got it wrong today and his reluctance to make a change hampered our chances

Rubbish. If Arsenal win now there is nothing we can do about it, a win here was more important than the possible ramifications of a loss

Only 2 letter but such a big word. Here let me try using it in a sentence and see how it goes:

IF Arsenal draw and we win we finsih third.

Also, its not like bringing on Defoe would have made us any more open at the back, Defoe could have played the exact role of VdV who did very little in terms of defence.

By taking off a striker for a defensive midfielder, we became less of an attacking threat.

agree with this.

Its easy in hindsight to say it didnt work. Bale is capable of winning us the game.

personally I feel Villa were so negative that it wouldnt have mattered. Just chuck Defoe on and tell Bale to push on.

Dude this has nothing to with hindsight, it looked a bad decision as he was making it

Thing is you cannot even bet on us beating Fulham next week

He didn't play for the draw but the players were on their own without any tactical instruction IT SEEMED to me.

Back