• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
It's Crouch. The drunk thing ruled out Kaboul and Kranjcar. And it's never Defore.

It probably is Defoe actually, and it wouldn't be the first time I've heard stories about him expressing how he doesn't like Redknapp to random fans.

Although everyone thinks of Defoe as Redknapp's golden boy, there were always a few negative stories/quotes in the press from Defoe when Harry left him out of some big games to play 4-5-1.

Ok. I have some real ITK.

Not many people on here know, but I used to be in football.

Anyway, I was out last week, with some football people.

One of them told me something that I shouldn't say, but it is very important. Makes our manager look like a c*nt I tell you.

I also got a text, from somebody, who is also important, although I can't say what it said. Very bad for our manager though. Believe me.

Some on here would not like it. But there you go. I'm important. They're important. It was important.

Anyway, I can't say much (because I'm a c*nt), but I just thought I'd share it.

fudge!

brick. fudge. gonads!!111!!

OMFFFGGZZ! I don't know what to do. Oh hang on, yes I do! I need to now go, log into Twitter, and tweet and this horsebrick to all the fudging lemmings on there. This is gonna be soooooooooooooooooooo good, RT-orgasms - my name (well, bricky pseudonym) in lights!!!

One of them told me something that I shouldn't say, but it is very important. Makes our manager look like a c*nt I tell you.

I also got a text, from somebody, who is also important, although I can't say what it said. Very bad for our manager though. Believe me.

Some on here would not like it. But there you go. I'm important. They're important. It was important.

Could you be anymore vague?

ITK aka load of gonads

WTF are you on about. Talk about random lol.

"Most of the players have played about 30 games. I didn't play any of them in the Europa League, most of them didn't play in the FA Cup until the later rounds.

"I don't ever remember Bobby Moore getting rotated or Geoff Hurst or Martin Peters, playing ankle-deep in mud every week.

"I don't think 30 games a season is too many for a player to play, and it's my decision anyway.

He's said some incredibly stupid things recently, but he's bang on here! I simply don't buy the excuse of players being tired. Barca players don't seem to get tired despite playing 38 league games, getting to the semi finals or better in the champions league every season and getting to the latter stages of international tournaments for Spain every two years.
You don't need to rotate or rest players that much if their initial fitness levels are good. Unfortunately Chelsea have been light years ahead of us in this department and their players can play more games. Our players aren't taken care of enough fitness wise by the club.

You don't need to rotate or rest players that much if their initial fitness levels are good. Unfortunately Chelsea have been light years ahead of us in this department and their players can play more games. Our players aren't taken care of enough fitness wise by the club.

What are you basing this statement on?

Frank Lampard = winner with experience. Wayne Rooney = winner with experience. Lampard, this season, has been a sub for a lot of games. No, the fact is we were on the cusp of greatness with a great squad. They needed corralling , a little cajoling and to absurd the experience of enduring being a front runner. That, for me, is the job of management. Earlier in his career, under Ranieri and specifically under Mourinho, Lampard learnt how to do what he does and be what he is. Rooney learnt from Ferguson. Both managers have been both supportive and critical of their "stars". Harry had the right tools at his disposal, yet sorely under-utilized and under-prepared them.

He blooded a whole set of youngsters in Europe, yet none of them featured inn the second-half of the season; Townshend in particular could've offered at the very least a boost of energy.

He absolutely could've got away with playing Charlie instead of Walker in a few away games, no doubt in my mind. Ditto Livermore for Parker. Further, an important way of keeping players onside when the think part of the season is on, is to keep it simple and play players where they play. Perhaps also instruct your wide men to predominantly stay wide. Perhaps develop another system which utilizes the fit personnel you have available.

I'm not looking for the earth and I'm not looking for Mourinho, I'm just looking for more than "let 'em get on win' it" because the difference between "they should be 'appy win' top 5" and winning the title or pushing hard for it and finishing second or third, is having a clue how to get through the business end of the season.
Yes, Harry did it once. But EVERYONE has forgotten how important the much MUCH maligned (and under-supported by Harry) Gomes SAVED us with stupendous saves against the filth and chelski during those two home wins that April. Indeed, Gomes was excellent for most of that season. Anyhow, I digress (slightly)...

I think Charlie is right.

I find myself agreeing with a lot of your sentiments, but my original point still stands. Our squad isn't great, you talk about using Townsend instead of Bale/Lennon which is a massive downgrade,he was criticised by many in Europa League games let alone putting him in pressure PL games at the business end of the season and its not as if Bale has been performing badly. As for Livermore I rate him highly but I think Redknapp has used him wisely enough, he's featured a fair but hasn't he? Charlie is an interesting one because he is one of the few like for like replacements we have in terms of quality even if his assets are very different to Walkers. But Lennon has been out for a long periods and he is the only player Corluka can play with because without Lennons pace our right side always looks so painfully slow.

Anyway all I'm saying is had Redknapp used Townsend, Livermore and whatever other squad players you want included more often he would have been slated by many as I've read so often on here how average our a lot of our squad players apparently are. We aren't Chelsea/Emirates Marketing Project etc who have superstars on the bench so we can rest our main players when we like and I don't agree with you if you honestly think playing Townsend/Corluka and whatever other also ran squad players you can think of would have resulted in us sitting any prettier in the league.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and we are all disappointed in our recent run, but I suspect the answer to why we have nose dived lies elsewhere.....

(Agree with you regarding Gomes btw)

Just from what i've seen on the pitch and our lethargy late on.

I don't think it's right to then just assume that's because of our training or levels of fitness. I think psychology might play a huge part - mental fatigue rather than physical. I don't know though.

You're seriously suggesting fudging up our wing play even more than it currently is under the watchful eye of Harry "wingers don't play on the wings" Redknapp?

Thats exactly it Fuego, when we play with two wingers tell then to stay wide, the fullbacks job should be to defend and support the wingers, when Lennon plays with Walker then you waste Lennon, Corluka is great with Lennon because he supports him, also Bale gets away with a lot on here because he helps out Ekotto very little, no matter what you think of Benny with Bale in front wandering all over the place he is very exposed, having two kamakaze fullbacks also means you cant defend a high line because the ball gets played in behind them.

Also VDV drops too deep and Modric makes too few forward runs, with Ade up front on his own he needs support, VDV is nowhere and Modric never gets into the opponents box, so you think right one of the two wide men should get into the box but they dont, teams defend deep against us and we just pass it around in front of them, they try and catch us on the break, while I am at it our centre midfield do not run at the opposition enough to commit players.
Football is a simply game.
Have you ever played at a decent level ?, this is not meant to be disrespectful.

Last edited:
Martin O'Neill was just asked on MOTD about what's happening with Bendtner next season. Whereas Redknapp would be speculating (in the same way he has over Bale and Modric in the last few days), O'Neill came out and waved it away with a simple "We haven't discussed that yet, we wont be discussing it until the end of the season".

Thats exactly it Fuego, when we play with two wingers tell then to stay wide, the fullbacks job should be to defend and support the wingers, when Lennon plays with Walker then you waste Lennon, Corluka is great with Lennon because he supports him, also Bale gets away with a lot on here because he helps out Ekotto very little, no matter what you think of Benny with Bale in front wandering all over the place he is very exposed, having two kamakaze fullbacks also means you cant defend a high line because the ball gets played in behind them.

Also VDV drops too deep and Modric makes too few forward runs, with Ade up front on his own he needs support, VDV is nowhere and Modric never gets into the opponents box, so you think right one of the two wide men should get into the box but they dont, teams defend deep against us and we just pass it around in front of them, they try and catch us on the break, while I am at it our centre midfield do not run at the opposition enough to commit players.
Have you ever played at a decent level ?, this is not meant to be disrespectful.

Makes sense to me. Would explain the likes of Sunderland and such finding it so easy to defend against us.

I see that you ignored my question on the previous page. Can you name a successful team, in the modern game, who do not play with attacking fullbacks?

I see that you ignored my question on the previous page. Can you name a successful team, in the modern game, who do not play with attacking fullbacks?

I can only argue with one person at a time :lol: this present Utd side do not over commit their fullbacks and neither do Chelsea, also my opinion is based on the fact of playing two pukka wingers, watch us play we look for Ekotto and Walker all the time its boring, all our supposedly talentled players ie, Modric and VDV do not do enough for me, we are a one trick pony.

Last edited:
Back